Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

22,054,765 Views | 224336 Replies | Last: 12 min ago by EliteZags
TV Casualty
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
SDC is getting some call buying for 4/24 and 5/15. $4.5 and $5 calls.
Aggie1391
In these JPM, WORK, and ALLY options with y'all. F*** it Friday
Post removed:
by user
IrishTxAggie
AG
RoyalOak00 said:

Anyone thinking SPY has a chance to get back to $285 today? Curious if there will be a bump in the afternoon.
It's played with this 283 support all damn day, I took a small position on the 4/20 285s this last dip.

Just looked. There were about 6-7 4/17 283s and 284s calls bought on that last dip.
Harkrider 93
AG
For Houston, you have a point. I was speaking to the nation.

Keep in mind that if nobody builds, the supply is diminished. Also, the new h9ome buying generation (90 million) are coming of age.
IrishTxAggie
AG
Harkrider 93 said:

Keep in mind that if nobody builds, the supply is diminished. Also, the new h9ome buying generation (90 million) are coming of age.
That generation (Millennials and Gen Z) are more interested in urban living for the time being
Grown Pear
AG
I picked up the 285C for 4/24 yesterday for $2.91... tried to sell half shortly after the market opened when they were wroth $6 but Chase's you invest platform is complete dogsh*t. Price started dropping by the time I finally got the options tab working correctly and put a limit sell order at about $5.80 to get my full cost back and leave 2 to play. Price never reached back up there and is 5.05 as we speak.

I'm just royally pissed at their platform. STICK WITH FIDELITY OR TD AMERITRADE for trading!!!!
gvine07
AG
Plus, real estate is very local. Some areas with great school districts saw real appreciation during 2008-2010.
oldarmy1
AG
For otherwise idle money you can buy SDC $4.67 and sell a May 15th $5 covered call for $0.65 for net $5.65 or $4.02 own it, if under $5 by expiration.
TV Casualty
AG
IrishTxAggie said:

Harkrider 93 said:

That generation (Millennials and Gen Z) are more interested in urban living for the time being

It amazes me at all the people in their 20s that I see renting these luxury apartments for $1,500 to $2,500 a month. I thought they were claiming that college debt was preventing them from buying houses.
HoustonAg2014
AG
IrishTxAggie said:

Harkrider 93 said:

Bingo. I am able to buy now but the question is do I move out toward better school districts to position myself long term or do I stay in town where I work and where my friends are. I lean towards staying in town for a little while till I have kids, but it will be tempting if big deals come on the market in the next year.

From reading your posts it sounds like you probably live close to us in the Heights. We still need to get that group together for beers after things open up.
oldarmy1
AG
Make that $0.70 covered call now.
Harkrider 93
AG
Yes, but every year, they start having kids and move out.
IrishTxAggie
AG
Aggiesincebirth said:

IrishTxAggie said:

Harkrider 93 said:

Bingo. I am able to buy now but the question is do I move out toward better school districts to position myself long term or do I stay in town where I work and where my friends are. I lean towards staying in town for a little while till I have kids, but it will be tempting if big deals come on the market in the next year.

From reading your posts it sounds like you probably live close to us in the Heights. We still need to get that group together for beers after things open up.
I'm on Cortlandt. I'm game. I spend a good bit of time on White Oak when it's open because it's an easy stumble home from Bobcats.
IrishTxAggie
AG
Harkrider 93 said:

Ya sure about that kids thing? Pretty sure the DINK numbers are getting pretty big compared to other generations these last couple of years.
HoustonAg2014
AG
Harkrider 93 said:

If only HISD wasn't such a terrible school district... It's sad the Heights goes to waste like that.
Grown Pear
AG
Right on. Don't get me wrong the cost of college is outrageous and student loans definitely are holding back the young generation a lot. But it also doesn't help when you're wanting to live on your own without parents or roommates and spending $1,500-2,000/month plus utilities to do so, plus you want that new car and are constantly trading that out and increasing your auto loan payments, plus you just gotta have that new $1,000 iphone every 2 years.... the list goes on. And you need that super moca frappacino every single morning, and the ultra organic full array of nongluten foods and need that sushi dinner once a week, and sunday brunch and mimosas with everybody... etc etc etc.
Rice and Fries
Harkrider 93 said:

And you think they are any more likely to be able to afford a new house like the millenials?
oldarmy1
AG
Is this the stock market thread or house vs rent thread? Take it offline.

McInnis 03
AG
Anyone dare play the Jet Blue (JBLU) earnings for Tuesday?
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
ETH - Extended Trading Hours --- RTH - Regular Trading Hours
ORH - Opening Range (1st 30min) High --- ORL - Opening Range Low
R1, R2, R3 - Resistance 1, 2, or 3 --- S1, S2, S3 - Support 1, 2 or 3
Aggietaco
AG
OverSeas AG said:

Aggietaco said:

OverSeas AG said:

My SDC hit $4.50. Sold it for a nice $500.
Same, didn't think twice. I'm sure it will be back at 4.00 before long.
Several folks have said, they take the profits, smile and move on to the next opportunity. I am getting better at doing that.
While I ignore the advice in your post, looks like we sold too early. Another $.20/share would have been nice.
TV Casualty
AG
oldarmy1 said:

For otherwise idle money you can buy SDC $4.67 and sell a May 15th $5 covered call for $0.65 for net $5.65 or $4.02 own it, if under $5 by expiration.

I followed this strategy and sold them at 0.70.
the last of the bohemians
2900 today?
OverSeas AG
AG
Every knee shall bow and every tongue shall confess
FrontPorchAg
Ragoo said:

Mother fack

My roku would be worth $27k right now

Edit: 31k
Could be worse. You could of sold your TSLA IPO at 80
All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others
McInnis 03
AG
Don't even come at us "AMZN 2200c 4/17 bros" because our regret will dwarf yours.
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
oldarmy1
AG
oldarmy1 said:

gougler08 said:

oldarmy1 said:

gougler08 said:

OverSeas AG said:

OVV is now falling like a rock.

from 5 down to 4.40. SMH.
Looks like a cup and handle trying to form
Did you sell the spike? That was the spike flash above $5

I'm not in it, do think it could be a decent trade opportunity if you can get it at $4 though
Yup....I sold non-core extra buys from its large volume bottom days only. I'd have to see $3.50 to be tempted to buy those back.
Was out last two days but my $3.50 OVV filled while away. Barely!
Aggietaco
AG
That stings.
Carlo4
AG
Folks - there is a whole other board to talk renting and real estate.
McInnis 03
AG
Take it to the millennial board.

B&I Key:
IrishTxAggie
AG
Someone always knows...
J_Landes89
AG
oldarmy1 said:

I love TD Ameritrade since joining, but the options and figuring out selling covered calls has given me a headache..

Only thing Robinhood was good at is how easy their options are
Grown Pear
AG
Bob Knights Liver said:

Something odd is that the Russell 1000, which is even smaller cap, is tracking closer to the larger cap indexes. It has at least come close to 50% retracement from the bottom, while the Russell 2000 hasn't. I guess there are some small-not-micro cap companies that must be way down in order for this to happen?
The Russell 1000 is much more closely aligned with Large cap stocks while the Russell 2000 is to smaller cap. Of the Russell 3000 stocks, the 1000 is the top 1000 while 2000 is the bottom 2000.

Mid and Small Cap stocks have been beaten down substantially more than the Large caps, and their "recoveries" thus far aren't significantly higher if at all. yet.

What's interesting and this is just one data point in a very specific time period but I sold my mid cap and small cap blend etfs and split those amounts 50/50 into the respective growth and value funds to stay exposed.

Bottom line is Growth is substantially outperforming Value (and has been). So this may be part of what's going on with what y'all are looking at.

Since 4/13:
VOT (Mid cap growth) +5.77%
VOE (Mid cap value) +0.79%
VBK (Small cap growth) +4.47%
VBR (Small cap value) +.018%
Alex Bregman
AG
The Houston board could use another good ITl vs OTL fight as well. It's been a bit.
First Page Last Page
Page 1341 of 6410

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.