Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

22,100,787 Views | 224562 Replies | Last: 2 hrs ago by jagvocate
McInnis 03
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Bob Knights Liver said:

Net free on daily GILD 83P. What's your sell point? I'm thinking $5 as a reasonable max ($78 stock price). That would give me a bit over 100% return on total initial investment. I may put a limit sell at $4 and then watch these to sell if they stagnate a bit here.
Nice job! My early try never filled and I chased the 82.5p, hoping I can cash it in. Not sure what to tell you on how to play it, but you're net free now though so that bandaid won't pull any hairs!
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
ETH - Extended Trading Hours --- RTH - Regular Trading Hours
ORH - Opening Range (1st 30min) High --- ORL - Opening Range Low
R1, R2, R3 - Resistance 1, 2, or 3 --- S1, S2, S3 - Support 1, 2 or 3
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
BB675 said:

I've got to stop the bleeding!
Give us some details so we can learn from your mistakes!
I'm guessing oil...if so I'm right there with you and holding strong. If recovery is really happening oil will not be far behind
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Does anyone here still believe this is a bear market rally?
cisgenderedAggie
Yes
thirdcoast
AG
claym711 said:

Wonder if that Riley guy missed his leaps.

Doubt it. Still plenty of time and reasons to decline before end of summer. May soon be a truer picture of how much of the economy is actually back online with "re-open", treatment, and antibody testing. Also going to be a new political battle soon with GOP claiming running out of money pump, and Dems roadblocking at expense of corporations with a workers first stronghold.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
I do but I suck at this so I'm probably wrong.

I could probably do a little leg work and figure this out but is 330spy in June really the same thing as 330spy last february, considering all the money that's been pulled out of thin air over the last month? Or is a full recovery actually more like spy 340 or 350? I.e. has 6 Trillion appreciably depreciated the dollar?
tailgatetimer10
AG
I'm starting to sell off a percentage but really getting the fomo. I think it's the right decision though.
gougler08
AG
khaos288 said:

Won't impact the market since everyone with a brain knew this was true

https://www.forbes.com/sites/isabeltogoh/2020/04/17/china-just-admitted-coronavirus-death-toll-in-wuhan-was-50-higher-than-reported/#c1b66c1702f8
Lol, only 50%
AgShaun00
AG
gougler08 said:

khaos288 said:

Won't impact the market since everyone with a brain knew this was true

https://www.forbes.com/sites/isabeltogoh/2020/04/17/china-just-admitted-coronavirus-death-toll-in-wuhan-was-50-higher-than-reported/#c1b66c1702f8
Lol, only 50%
which means it is still 50% below actually number.
AgEng06
AG
McInnis 03 said:

Bob Knights Liver said:

Net free on daily GILD 83P. What's your sell point? I'm thinking $5 as a reasonable max ($78 stock price). That would give me a bit over 100% return on total initial investment. I may put a limit sell at $4 and then watch these to sell if they stagnate a bit here.
Nice job! My early try never filled and I chased the 82.5p, hoping I can cash it in. Not sure what to tell you on how to play it, but you're net free now though so that bandaid won't pull any hairs!
When you guys talk about going net free on options, you would have to have multiple contracts, right? There isn't a way to go net free if you're only holding one contract?
Carlo4
AG
$30,000 Millionaire said:

Does anyone here still believe this is a bear market rally?
I still believe that but hope i'm wrong. I'm positioned either way the best way I know how with mix of longs to beat the recovery and inverse ETFs. I just sold off 500 shares of SQQQ to take the gains from buying last night, so I'm happy. I'll buy back in if Nasdaq rallies back up.

Debating on selling longs for a quick profit and jump back in, but I'm perfectly content.
Carlo4
AG
10 year bond with a 14% swing so far today from .69% to .59%.
Lavender Gooms
AG
Yes, gotta have at least 2. Buy 2 contracts at X, they double to 2X, sell 1 and then you've covered your original cost. Worst you can do at that point is break even.
Harkrider 93
AG
For buying a home, I would buy when you find something you love and can afford it. Make sure you have enough cushion in your cash flow after the purchase.

For those advising to wait on a deal that is coming, I don't know if that will happen. It is a supply and demand issue. Use 2008 as a comparison. There will be more people buying in 2-3 mos than in 2008 because of cash in hand and good leverage. Also, there will be little supply now vs 2008. Homebuilders are building less now than any time before.

Large reduction in supply vs 2008 and slight decrease in demand vs 2008 makes me feel that you won't see great deals, especially if we open up within 1 mos.
TV Casualty
AG
AgEng06 said:

McInnis 03 said:

Bob Knights Liver said:

When you guys talk about going net free on options, you would have to have multiple contracts, right? There isn't a way to go net free if you're only holding one contract?

Yeah, so you buy 4 contracts and then sell 2 of them at 100% return. Some people like to sell off in quarters as they go up.

Just remember to sell as it moves up. If you have multiple contracts then you can sell to lock in profits and then leave one or more as a runner.
oldarmy1
AG
JPM Apr 24th calls $93 strikes. Someone buying 50-100 calls at a clip last two days.
BB675
AG
What is going on with NET?
Carlo4
AG
BB675 said:

What is going on with NET?
edit - sorry! confused it with netflix
BB675
AG
Bought PTON, CODX and CHWY yesterday thinking they would continue to do well but they reversed trend as soon as Trump mentioned opening the economy back up yesterday. I have taken a beating on XOM but plan on letting it sit. My largest position is in NET and it continues to be up and down for me. I don't quite understand options trading just yet but plan on understanding better in the coming weeks because that seems the most popular avenue for trading for a majority of posters.
OverSeas AG
AG
Every knee shall bow and every tongue shall confess
DON'T TREAD ON ME
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
BB675 said:

Bought PTON, CODX and CHWY yesterday thinking they would continue to do well but they reversed trend as soon as Trump mentioned opening the economy back up yesterday. I have taken a beating on XOM but plan on letting it sit. My largest position is in NET and it continues to be up and down for me. I don't quite understand options trading just yet but plan on understanding better in the coming weeks because that seems the most popular avenue for trading for a majority of posters.
ah thanks
I am all but done with meme stocks, got burned a few times and now have very little fomo when I see people getting excited about these companies with crazy valuations and hype. It tends to turn quick and leave a lot of bag holders and regret.
Post removed:
by user
Aggietaco
AG
OverSeas AG said:

My SDC hit $4.50. Sold it for a nice $500.
Same, didn't think twice. I'm sure it will be back at 4.00 before long.
Mr President Elect
AG
What are your guys thoughts on GRPN? Still trading pretty low and I could see once things start to open up as a way for small businesses to try to get people in.
OverSeas AG
AG
Every knee shall bow and every tongue shall confess
Shiner Bock
AG
all banks have been falling on earnings announcments, ALLY reports monday morning. Trend continues here. Buying May $15p
IrishTxAggie
AG
WORK 4/24 30C getting lots of flow right now. Looks to be possibly basing here. I'm, in at .53 with a .13 stop
tamc1956ag
S
I'm a novice investor but would like to take advantage of the lower stock prices...RCL in particular. does anyone have a few stocks to recommend that will bounce back in the near future?
oldarmy1
AG
oldarmy1 said:

JPM Apr 24th calls $93 strikes. Someone buying 50-100 calls at a clip last two days.
There ya go
McInnis 03
AG
Shiner Bock said:

all banks have been falling on earnings announcments, ALLY reports monday morning. Trend continues here. Buying May $15p
I like this, I'm in.
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
AgShaun00
AG
thoughts on GS downgraded AAPL. Still a hold or take money out and put it somewhere else?
McInnis 03
AG
IrishTxAggie said:

WORK 4/24 30C getting lots of flow right now. Looks to be possibly basing here. I'm, in at .53 with a .13 stop
Following you here too.

B&I Key:
McInnis 03
AG
AgShaun00 said:

thoughts on GS downgraded AAPL. Still a hold or take money out and put it somewhere else?
Gonna be honest, I bought a way OTM early May put in the thought that we may see some downward gap filling action before then.

B&I Key:
HoustonAg2014
AG
Harkrider 93 said:

For buying a home, I would buy when you find something you love and can afford it. Make sure you have enough cushion in your cash flow after the purchase.

For those advising to wait on a deal that is coming, I don't know if that will happen. It is a supply and demand issue. Use 2008 as a comparison. There will be more people buying in 2-3 mos than in 2008 because of cash in hand and good leverage. Also, there will be little supply now vs 2008. Homebuilders are building less now than any time before.

Large reduction in supply vs 2008 and slight decrease in demand vs 2008 makes me feel that you won't see great deals, especially if we open up within 1 mos.
I'm not saying you are wrong because I was too young in 2008 (high school), but I have seen projections where the Houston market could have 250k unemployment just from the oil and gas sector. Those jobs won't be replaced. Maybe a few but I expect this to be worse than 2014 as far as the oil market future.

I used to work for an oil major and they started a system replacement project 3 years ago. It was known that this would cut a lot of back office type jobs. Several other oil majors were doing the same thing and these systems were supposed to go live this year or 2021. I think the oil job market is about to take a real nose dive (it has already begun) and that is affecting other industries. Credit companies related to oil and gas are laying off, recruiting services, banks, real estate, the list goes on and on.

The trickle down affect of the oil market in Houston is real. I have already seen two friends whose commissions have gotten cut by 75% in real estate, another one who is a manager for a large payroll service company, and another who is a sales manager for a company who only has one account related to oil and gas in the retail sales space.

Were bracing for a real oil recession in Houston that a lot of people are ignoring because of the virus, but oil is the bigger threat.
Carlo4
AG
support for nasdaq at 61.8 retracement level of 8563. bounced off it twice... and bye bye down
First Page Last Page
Page 1340 of 6417

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.