Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

22,081,138 Views | 224431 Replies | Last: 23 min ago by nortex97
Grown Pear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Son of a gun jj beat me to it.. LOL wonderful great similar childish minds think alike
IrishTxAggie
AG
oldarmy1 said:

IrishTxAggie said:

I am not seeing this and I would be able to see that.
Not sure where he's seeing it
Bob Knights Paper Hands
Thanks leoj! Lol at JJ and Grow pear!
IrishTxAggie
AG
Grown Pear said:

OA/Prog/Irish/Etc...

If you've held a large concentrated long position in AAPL for a while, what sort of pricing would you be looking to exit near? Possibly covered call strategy to collect some premium... but with earnings coming up I'd hate to miss a potential big bump up. How would you play that?
Choose a price you're comfortable with letting the stock go at and walking with your profits. Sell the covered call there. I don't really track AAPL for a long play. The forward thought in the ER will be what makes or breaks you and if China begins to have a resurgence of the virus, they could go back to square one
oldarmy1
AG
Dark Pool Trades is negotiated trades for huge lots of shares that may be around or away from current market prices. When executed the volume will show at the totals underlying but the share price (current bid/ask) doesn't get impacted.

I have the ability to do this and it is extremely obvious to see on the charts. These huge negotiated trades happen all the time and when someone is selling someone else is buying, so exactly what anyone can claim other than red volume lines versus green is gray.

98PercenterAg
AG
All eyes on JPM for me tomorrow As well
oldarmy1
AG
ONTX new day high
Brewmaster
AG
IrishTxAggie said:

I see a 600k volume sell bar @ 1:44 central.... that would be 120 mil $ Not sure if that's what he means.
98PercenterAg
AG
To all you knowledgeable Ags, wondering what thoughts are on 4/17 JPM $105 calls
98PercenterAg
AG
JPM* darn it
GigEmRangers75455
oldarmy1 said:

ONTX new day high

I can't believe I listen to you guys and put my kids college fund on a .32 stock but it's working.
Post removed:
by user
jj9000
AG
Ummm Yeaaahh

What he said below.
gougler08
AG
SPY hanging man incoming
La Bamba
AG
10 minutes into the close continues to be the most entertaining timeframe on television.
Rice and Fries
gougler08 said:

SPY hanging man incoming
Such a damn cock-tease
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
RoyalOak00 said:

NRD09 said:

I just bought JPM shares, tomorrow morning will be the first of the bank earnings this time around, right?
And what do you think they'll do in the morning? I believe earnings will be announced prior to the opening bell. I could see the stock climbing back to the $115-$120 range but I don't think that happens overnight..Curious on others thoughts though.
I think they'll go up, because they are down and the banks always win. And if they don't then hopefully they'll at least keep their dividend and I've got time. But I do think their guidance will give us an idea of what the rest of the big banks' earnings are going to look like.
YNWA_AG
AG
Doubled downed on those 5/15 Bac 30 calls at .145 before close
Post removed:
by user
oldarmy1
AG
BREwmaster said:

IrishTxAggie said:

I see a 600k volume sell bar @ 1:44 central.... that would be 120 mil $ Not sure if that's what he means.
Yeah you can see that one but "hundreds of millions"? Nope
OverSeas AG
AG
Every knee shall bow and every tongue shall confess
oldarmy1
AG
Now you want to see a Dark Sell after hours look at DIS. 600k shares negotiated just above $103.10. If your system tracks dark sales you'll see a line down to price.
Cartographer
Bio stock. Has a history of reverse splits in the past to stay solvent while they develop their treatments.

The best way I can say this is, I won't go long.

I've been able to find an entry between .28 and .30 after they hold that line for a day. Ride it up .03-.06 cents depending on what it will do and enjoy my profits.Set an alert for when it swoons back down and repeat.

All that to say, they have some interesting news on cancer treatments and once this covid stuff dies down they have a chance to get FDA approval on a cancer treatment.

Happy hunting.
HoustonAg2014
AG
Holy ROKU! Up 10% after hours what happened?!
12thMan86
AG
Dang ROKU explodes after hours
khaos288
AG
**** yeah. Bought 100c
Grown Pear
AG
I was trying the last few minutes of the day and couldn't in time. Thought "I'll just do it in the morning." Ugh
Exsurge Domine
I bet they got subscription numbers in
Ragoo
AG
Total streaming hours expected to increase by 49% in Q1.
GigEmRangers75455
Good thing I sold my ROKU shares at 88.00
gougler08
AG
Ragoo said:

Total streaming hours expected to increase by 49% in Q1.
That seems good
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Fightin2010
AG
Any thoughts on Carvana? I had the thought yesterday that this model could be the future of car buying like it is with mattresses and of course it's up 20% today....
AnyOtherName
AG
Guys - This is a rookie hour post, but I am kicking myself right now. I need to understand how to pull the trigger on stocks and trust that they will do what I think they will do. I have found myself just staring at a stock for the day and being fearful of jumping in at the wrong time and so I will usually only go in for like 30 seconds or a minute and pull out.

I essentially watched WORX from 8:15 am until close today. Watched every peak from 7's to 5's to 14's and made minimal money on a 9 pt swing and I am legitimately frustrated. I am currently just buying and selling at MKT price and playing volume swings based on news.(This might be completely idiotic). Usually buying 1,000-2,000 shares each play and then selling for a quick profit/loss I did this with LK and WTRH a couple weeks ago and made out pretty well for just starting.

I believed that WORX would jump today based on what they released this morning but I doubted the market with how wonky it has been. I did not expect a jump like that. Was this an outlier event like LK? Is this not realistic day to day trading watching for massive swings?

I just did some research on setting Stop Losses which will probably ease my nerves a bit. Right now I feel like I am gambling on what I read on twitter/TA/elsewhere. Is this how trading feels/is? Just goin for it based on your best instinct?

First Page Last Page
Page 1302 of 6413

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.