Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

21,988,087 Views | 224152 Replies | Last: 44 min ago by McInnis 03
oldarmy1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
0708aggie said:

are you buying puts or selling calls on DKS?
Neither. Closed out Puts and not touching it going forward.
oldarmy1
AG
BMY and all pharma's had similar trajectory rebounding on Trump's comments. Can it create/sustain a move? Usually after the reaction move a retreat comes in and THEN you get to see any meaningful momentum. That's why I sold on that retest. Those are rare gifts.
oldarmy1
AG
AND.....a minute after posting that reaction fallback we get a 30 cent volume crush downward. Now we get to see if volume buys meet the selling and that gives us a great indicator on strength. These are times where big money has to let their guard down.
oldarmy1
AG
If anyone thinks the Pharma news is going to be a big winner for the sector buy PILL ETF
FriscoKid
AG

really nice clean trend since Tuesday was broken today.
Ragoo
AG
oldarmy1 said:

GILD! Woah.....talk about rebounding! Get in
$2.00 move in 15 minutes
Ragoo
AG
Ragoo said:

Ragoo said:

Sold roku puts strike 32 on 6/1 for $1.10
Sold twtr puts strike 31 on 6/1 for $0.68
the roku puts actually filled at 1.24 credit
PnL is up $420 on the ROKU puts, almost a 50% winner
gougler08
AG
Can anyone explain how a mutual fund (FSELX) could drop 90% in a day? Has to just be some kind of reporting error right?
Ragoo
AG
Or they gave a distribution.

They did a 10:1 split today.

https://fundresearch.fidelity.com/mutual-funds/fees-and-prices/316390863
gougler08
AG
Ragoo said:

Or they gave a distribution.

Ah good call, guess the shares just haven't shown up in my account. I about had a heart attack when I saw what my daily value was
Ragoo
AG
On Monday you will have 10x the number of shares.
COAg15
AG
gougler08 said:

Can anyone explain how a mutual fund (FSELX) could drop 90% in a day? Has to just be some kind of reporting error right?

Until I realized the split I about threw up.

With splits, if FSELX previously had a $2.5k buy-in, will that still be in place for people getting in now?
59 South
AG
Had the same experience a couple hours ago with FOCPX.
oldarmy1
AG
Futures up +110
FriscoKid
AG
7 straight up days? Not today.
oldarmy1
AG
FriscoKid said:

7 straight up days? Not today.
The short sellers are getting the squeeze.

For those in the most recent posted call option of GILD I am selling those as it pushes towards $68 - hopefull today so the premium pop catches on.
FriscoKid
AG
274.0 then we sell off
Josepi
AG
What happened to Wildhorse (WRD) this morning? Down 10% so far
Rice and Fries
Huge spike in volume. I think NGP, the private equity company who pushed them out of BK and helped restructure is taking profits.

I am holding steady right now but watching to see if it goes back up to $26
Rice and Fries
Josepi said:

Also playing off this....

SN has a lot of people saying they are bearish and shorting this till it goes back down to $3. Not sure, what do you think Oldarmy?
AggiePeeps06
AG
My call on SN going back to $4 was right, timing was just a bit off. That's the tough thing with options...
Joseph Parrish
AG
snowmnag970 said:

Josepi said:

SN has a lot of people saying they are bearish and shorting this till it goes back down to $3. Not sure, what do you think Oldarmy?
Might be smart to sell some calls at $4. I do think it'll top out at $6 at some point, but who knows if that's where this uptick is going this time or not.
oldarmy1
AG
Joseph Parrish said:

snowmnag970 said:

Josepi said:

Might be smart to sell some calls at $4. I do think it'll top out at $6 at some point, but who knows if that's where this uptick is going this time or not.
Agee with this strategy on up to 50% of the holdings. Joseph is in the industry and has been successful on SN.
Rice and Fries
oldarmy1 said:

Joseph Parrish said:

snowmnag970 said:

Josepi said:

Agee with this strategy on up to 50% of the holdings. Joseph is in the industry and has been successful on SN.
I would do this, but I only own 200 shares, so a $35 premium doesn't seem that worth it to me to pay the commission of the overall trade.

A theoretical question...Lets say I do sell to open 5 $4 call options expiring in July (assuming I own 500 underlying shares) for $0.45/share.

What happens if the price of SN jumps to $6....? Would I A.) only collect the premium I receive the day I sold the options? or B.) if I wanted to keep my 500 shares, I would have to buy to close the options I wrote for whatever the price is on that day (lets just say it would be $1.00) or I could just let the contract exercise and give him the 500 shares? How would one make a profit for doing this?

Edit: I should add, my only real strategy for playing options are buying to open and selling to close.
oldarmy1
AG
snowmnag970 said:

oldarmy1 said:

Joseph Parrish said:

snowmnag970 said:

Josepi said:

I would do this, but I only own 200 shares, so a $35 premium doesn't seem that worth it to me to pay the commission of the overall trade.

A theoretical question...Lets say I do sell to open 5 $4 call options expiring in July (assuming I own 500 underlying shares) for $0.45/share.

What happens if the price of SN jumps to $6....? Would I A.) only collect the premium I receive the day I sold the options? or B.) if I wanted to keep my 500 shares, I would have to buy to close the options I wrote for whatever the price is on that day (lets just say it would be $1.00) or I could just let the contract exercise and give him the 500 shares? How would one make a profit for doing this?

Edit: I should add, my only real strategy for playing options are buying to open and selling to close.
You would be banking $4.45. No way you ever buy the options back if share price escalates. The option strategy is for those with large holdings. If someone has 10k shares bought under $3 then $4.45 on up to 5k of them goes a long way towards covering the remaining 5k shares. If the stock pauses and ranges then they reduce that holding price by 45 cents per share. If it moves higher the other 50% is giving a mass payoff with the other half giving you $4.45.

p.s. these are intended to be short term strategies. Having bought into the shares at lows there is no issue whatsoever in simply holding from this point.

Rice and Fries
oldarmy1 said:

snowmnag970 said:

oldarmy1 said:

Joseph Parrish said:

snowmnag970 said:

Josepi said:

You would be banking $4.45. No way you ever buy the options back if share price escalates. The option strategy is for those with large holdings. If someone has 10k shares bought under $3 then $4.45 on up to 5k of them goes a long way towards covering the remaining 5k shares. If the stock pauses and ranges then they reduce that holding price by 45 cents per share. If it moves higher the other 50% is giving a mass payoff with the other half giving you $4.45.

p.s. these are intended to be short term strategies. Having bought into the shares at lows there is no issue whatsoever in simply holding from this point.

I think it would be fun to learn the experience of doing this if I had a larger position, so far now I think I will just hold the underlying for the time being and just keep accumulating shares.
Ragoo
AG
snowmnag970 said:

oldarmy1 said:

snowmnag970 said:

oldarmy1 said:

Joseph Parrish said:

snowmnag970 said:

Josepi said:

I think it would be fun to learn the experience of doing this if I had a larger position, so far now I think I will just hold the underlying for the time being and just keep accumulating shares.
sell a July 20 strangle. Put strike at $3, call strike at $5. Collect $0.30 premium. If the price drops below $3 you accumulate at a price you like. If the price jumps you sell at a much higher price than you bought.
Ragoo
AG
Ragoo said:

Ragoo said:

Ragoo said:

Sold roku puts strike 32 on 6/1 for $1.10
Sold twtr puts strike 31 on 6/1 for $0.68
the roku puts actually filled at 1.24 credit
PnL is up $420 on the ROKU puts, almost a 50% winner
closed the TWTR trade at 50% profit
WestTexAg12
AG
FriscoKid said:

274.0 then we sell off

Damn. Right on the money
"Give me an army of West Point graduates and I'll win a battle. Give me a handful of Texas Aggies, and I'll win the war.”
- General George S. Patton
tramaro1
AG
pacecar02 said:

ANDX pays a fat dividend that has increased every quarter.
What are the thoughts on this company? The dividends are ridiculous!!!
Ragoo
AG
tramaro1 said:

pacecar02 said:

it is an MLP and as such has to pay a dividend. They cannot show a profit, irc.
Rice and Fries
Josepi said:

FYI...

"HOUSTON--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- WildHorse Resource Development Corporation(WRD) received notice today that Natural Gas Partners, IX L.P. ("NGP IX"), which is one of three investment funds managed by NGP Energy Capital Management, LLC ("NGP") that are the largest stockholders of WRD, has recently distributed approximately 12.0 million shares to its limited partners in NGP IX.
Following the distribution, investment funds managed by NGP continue as WRD's largest stockholder, and own approximately 59.5 million shares, or 58.8% of outstanding WRD common shares. Pursuant to NGP's notice, NGP Natural Resources X, L.P. and NGP Natural Resources XI, L.P., which are the two remaining investment funds managed by NGP that own WRD shares, have no current intention of selling or distributing their respective shares of WRD.
"NGP IX's distribution of shares increases WRD's trading liquidity without a secondary offering. We are pleased to have the long-term support of NGP, a leading and long-standing energy investor, as WRD continues to represent their largest portfolio company investment," said Jay Graham, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of WRD.

They sold 1/6 of the shares they owned.
gougler08
AG
Ragoo said:

tramaro1 said:

pacecar02 said:

it is an MLP and as such has to pay a dividend. They cannot show a profit, irc.
They just got purchased too right?
AggiePeeps06
AG
Good call Frisco! Question, instead of buying SPY puts to trade this, couldn't you just buy SPXU?
FriscoKid
AG
I feel less confident about this one, but I have a target of 271.7 and it will happen pretty quick if we break lower right now.
First Page Last Page
Page 127 of 6405

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.