Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

22,096,742 Views | 224541 Replies | Last: 33 min ago by El_duderino
FriscoKid
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
actually make it 271.5
Bonfire1996
AG
You think we bounce off 271.5?
Ragoo
AG
gougler08 said:

Ragoo said:

tramaro1 said:

pacecar02 said:

ANDX pays a fat dividend that has increased every quarter.
What are the thoughts on this company? The dividends are ridiculous!!!
it is an MLP and as such has to pay a dividend. They cannot show a profit, irc.
They just got purchased too right?
MRO bought ANDV, yes. I would assume the deal includes the logistics arm ANDX too.
oldarmy1
AG
If you accumulated SN and CHK under $3 and SWN under $4 you are well ahead of the S&P for the year. Congrats!
FriscoKid
AG
Bonfire1996 said:

You think we bounce off 271.5?
Sorry, I said "IF we broke through" that 272.4 level I thought we would go down to 271.5 pretty quickly. In doesn't look like we are going to break lower though.

I don't know what we would have done once reaching that point, but I thought we would hit it with a break lower.
oldarmy1
AG
You guys still haven't pivoted? We pivoted. I pivoted. Looking for tops to short are going to get you chasing bids.
AggiePeeps06
AG
So you're basically saying we're in a bull market trend right now
oldarmy1
AG
Entering BAC June 15th $32 calls at .31 cents.

Seeking a double.
cgh1999
AG
I've made a nice bit of money on BAC calls over the last few years. They are far and away the most interest rate sensitive big bank and have the most upside in a rising rate environment. Especially considering the reduced regulatory burden.

I've got a handful of Jan '19 deep in the money calls that I'm up slightly on. I buy a mix of calls several months out and get in and out of short term calls.
FriscoKid
AG
oldarmy1 said:

You guys still haven't pivoted? We pivoted. I pivoted. Looking for tops to short are going to get you chasing bids.
Not after 7 up days I'm not. Today will be day 8.

I'm looking for a good pull back before I switch.
oldarmy1
AG
AggiePeeps06 said:

So you're basically saying we're in a bull market trend right now
Whether we can break past mid-channel DOW 25500 / SPX 2750 area to challenge top channel resistance unkown. But buying dips will be the more profitable approach now; whereas I was selling the bounces previously.

That doesn't preclude taking profits or placing hedges on stocks that have run up. They'll be some movement both directions but the overall trend pivoted to upwards early last week.
Rice and Fries
snowmnag970 said:

Josepi said:

What happened to Wildhorse (WRD) this morning? Down 10% so far
FYI...

"HOUSTON--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- WildHorse Resource Development Corporation(WRD) received notice today that Natural Gas Partners, IX L.P. ("NGP IX"), which is one of three investment funds managed by NGP Energy Capital Management, LLC ("NGP") that are the largest stockholders of WRD, has recently distributed approximately 12.0 million shares to its limited partners in NGP IX.
Following the distribution, investment funds managed by NGP continue as WRD's largest stockholder, and own approximately 59.5 million shares, or 58.8% of outstanding WRD common shares. Pursuant to NGP's notice, NGP Natural Resources X, L.P. and NGP Natural Resources XI, L.P., which are the two remaining investment funds managed by NGP that own WRD shares, have no current intention of selling or distributing their respective shares of WRD.
"NGP IX's distribution of shares increases WRD's trading liquidity without a secondary offering. We are pleased to have the long-term support of NGP, a leading and long-standing energy investor, as WRD continues to represent their largest portfolio company investment," said Jay Graham, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of WRD.

They sold 1/6 of the shares they owned.
$WRD has been halted pending news release....ruh roh. I don't think its anything too major besides what is listed above.

Rice and Fries
Oldarmy/Frisco/Ragoo or others....

I have an options related question about a stock that is currently in BK (Chp 11)

What happens to the call options when they emerge from BK and have the new equity and market cap? Are the old options worthless or do they just transfer over to the new shares?

I am specifically speaking about SDRL.
FriscoKid
AG
I think they are worthless, but the other guys would know better than me.
Bonfire1996
AG
Part of emerging from Ch 11 is a plan for existing or new equity. Unless they have gotten the plan approved, the decision hasn't been made. Most companies that emerge from Ch 11 do it with new equity, if I remember correctly.
oldarmy1
AG
It's worthless unfortunately
Rice and Fries
Bonfire1996 said:

Part of emerging from Ch 11 is a plan for existing or new equity. Unless they have gotten the plan approved, the decision hasn't been made. Most companies that emerge from Ch 11 do it with new equity, if I remember correctly.
So I read the restructuring agreement and it says the existing shareholders get 1.9% of the new equity in the company.

So that means I get something, which is meh. Whatever.

But I am curious about what happens to my options, but I guess they expire worthless too.
Ragoo
AG
reason number 1000 to be an option seller, not an option buyer.
Rice and Fries
Ragoo said:

Slowly Learning I am.
Ragoo
AG
snowmnag970 said:

Ragoo said:

Slowly Learning I am.
seriously, get think or swim on platform. Almost everything oldarmy is posting I go and "simulate" what that trade looks like. There are also many different strategies to choose from. At this time I only sell put options. Selling does three things. 1) you collect premium right away. 2) theta, or time decay is on your side. A bought put will always be worth zero at expiration and thus a sold put will always be worth zero. 3) big moves in the share price can change the option price quickly, high IV stocks, allowing you to buy the puts back much cheaper and moving on to the next trade.
leoj
AG
Down day?
Rice and Fries
Ragoo said:

snowmnag970 said:

Ragoo said:

Slowly Learning I am.
seriously, get think or swim on platform. Almost everything oldarmy is posting I go and "simulate" what that trade looks like. There are also many different strategies to choose from. At this time I only sell put options. Selling does three things. 1) you collect premium right away. 2) theta, or time decay is on your side. A bought put will always be worth zero at expiration and thus a sold put will always be worth zero. 3) big moves in the share price can change the option price quickly, high IV stocks, allowing you to buy the puts back much cheaper and moving on to the next trade.
Are you selling covered or naked put options?
oldarmy1
AG
I bought SPX Calls just now out to next Tuesday. SPX at 2704 Calls at 2725
FriscoKid
AG
I think you bought a little early. We should bounce at 269.6. Break below that and we fall for a while.
Rice and Fries
Time to acquire more SN on this little dip?
oldarmy1
AG
snowmnag970 said:

Time to acquire more SN on this little dip?
I know the $4 covered calls made off like a bandit. I would look at a 50% retracement $3.48-$3-50 area on SN.
oldarmy1
AG
CHK pay day!
oldarmy1
AG
AVEO expert.......what say you? I sold out almost all of it on that rapid rise above $2.80 from under $2 buys. It's getting close to $2 again. You still see a pipeline success story?
Ragoo
AG
Naked. Like selling insurance.
oldarmy1
AG
BAC rejected early selling action to hit positive at days high. MArkets show any move higher and BAC will run.
Cowboy Curtis
AG
oldarmy1 said:

BAC rejected early selling action to hit positive at days high. MArkets show any move higher and BAC will run.
oldarmy1
AG
On da move!
Cowboy Curtis
AG
Trended towards 50% return in record speed. Was licking my chops.
FriscoKid
AG
When you and I agree on a trade/entry point people should listen. I obviously have an overly bearish slant opposed to your sometimes overly bullish slant. It would be fun to "fight" in person over pros and cons of a particular trade.
Joseph Parrish
AG
FriscoKid said:

When you and I agree on a trade/entry point people should listen. I obviously have an overly bearish slant opposed to your sometimes overly bullish slant. It would be fun to "fight" in person over pros and cons of a particular trade.

First Page Last Page
Page 128 of 6416

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.