Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

22,291,033 Views | 225291 Replies | Last: 3 min ago by Talon2DSO
the last of the bohemians
How long do you want to ignore this user?
In other news , Pepsi stock surges
khaos288
AG
the last of the bohemians said:

In other news , Pepsi stock surges

Pep is one of my long term buy and holds during this. Good dividend
moses1084ever
AG
Indonesia is supposed to be taking delivery of a couple million doses of Avigan soon-ish (don't know the exact time frame).

Germany is going to buy Avigan:

https://asia.nikkei.com/Spotlight/Coronavirus/Germany-to-buy-Avigan-from-Japan-to-fight-coronavirus
Bob Knights Paper Hands
Have we discussed EAT on here? I bought some under 8 and sold half to go net free. If it dips back down below 9 again I'm considering buying as a long position. Yes the restaurant industry will take time to recover, but at that point there will be 5:1 upside from the highs a few months ago. Plus a historically nice dividend. Am I missing something here? Surely Brinker won't go under during this time right?
thumbsup06
AG
Prognightmare said:

McInnis 03 said:

Holy hell, anyone think 3M gets slaughtered tomorrow?

Ha! Petty of me, but I take personal joy in seeing this happen to 3M. They recently bought the company I worked for and terminated me in January this year.
khkman22
AG
I'd like to hear the full story and all details before agreeing with Trump. Hope it's something more than just being mad that they were "price gouging" other countries. You can't be mad at them for selling to foreign countries and at the same time telling the states they should have been prepared and stocked up years ago when they had the opportunity. Let the market decide how 3M should be punished, if at all.

Guess I'll look at them in the morning to see if it's worth picking up some at a possible discount.
ProgN
There's a thread on F16
McInnis 03
AG
Here is the emotional instant reaction you'll see :
"OMG 3M WAS MAKING A TON OF MASKS AND SELLING TO FOREIGN COUNTRIES BEFORE THE USA WHEN WE NEED THEM!!!"

This is probably how it goes in actuality:
3M likely has exclusive sales and territory contracts with distributors who have full control over where the product they bought from 3M goes. Said distributors were selling to highest bidder.

Here is probably how it should have played out:
"Hey distributors, this is 3M and we are declaring force majure, we are selling direct to the US government and the state governments while this emergency is enacted. We will get you on the backside of this, kthxbai"
moses1084ever
AG
Anyone looking at fading the rally in crude? It's seems Trumps tweet focus has shifted from the stock market to oil prices.

I'm skeptical a solution will come so soon. I think the Russians would like to see more carnage in the US before agreeing to a deal.

Edit: iVol on CL options is crazy, don't think I'll be buying any outright puts. Huge spike in OVX (oil VIX).
claym711
AG
I'm sure it will be similar to the trade deal tweets that went on for months.
Exsurge Domine
moses1084ever said:

Anyone looking at fading the rally in crude? It's seems Trumps tweet focus has shifted from the stock market to oil prices.

I'm skeptical a solution will come so soon. I think the Russians would like to see more carnage in the US before agreeing to a deal.

Yep, I predict at least one major drop before some sort of deal.
Spaceship
AG
moses1084ever said:

Agree. The larger issue with oil is still demand, not supply. The tweets don't affect demand at all.
thirdcoast
AG
Yes. The Putin trade floor doesn't like to be rushed when unwinding short futures.
moses1084ever
AG
Precisely
krosch11
AG

State department says US citizens should return now or be prepared to stay abroad for awhile
krosch11
AG

Follow up tweet
McInnis 03
AG
krosch11 said:

State department says US citizens should return now or be prepared to stay abroad for awhile

That wording is STRONG.

Full on International travel ban? Suspension of all airflights?
moses1084ever
AG
I can leave Singapore... but I would have my work visa cancelled and be banned for life from working here if I were to leave now.

AnyOtherName
AG
AnyOtherName
AG
Woke up early to get a "head start." None of my limit ext orders will fill on TD. I was under the impression that pre-market begins at 0400est. Am I missing something here other than sleep?
TChaney
AnyOtherName
AG
TChaney said:

AnyOtherName said:

Woke up early to get a "head start." None of my limit ext orders will fill on TD. I was under the impression that pre-market begins at 0400est. Am I missing something here other than sleep?
Mine kicked off at 7 ET. Well I sold all 3 shares of MMM for 133.05 and raking in a whopping profit of 36.13.

Should I make a twitter account to send that out to the world now?

Yeah mine kicked in at 7 ET as well. I guess TD used to allow trading at 4 ET. Annoyed because I could have jumped back into LK in the 4's, but instead I had to watch it go back up to the 6's the last 3 hours.

Anyone have a platform that allows 4 ET pre-market?
deadbq03
AG
McInnis 03 said:

Here is the emotional instant reaction you'll see :
"OMG 3M WAS MAKING A TON OF MASKS AND SELLING TO FOREIGN COUNTRIES BEFORE THE USA WHEN WE NEED THEM!!!"

This is probably how it goes in actuality:
3M likely has exclusive sales and territory contracts with distributors who have full control over where the product they bought from 3M goes. Said distributors were selling to highest bidder.

Here is probably how it should have played out:
"Hey distributors, this is 3M and we are declaring force majure, we are selling direct to the US government and the state governments while this emergency is enacted. We will get you on the backside of this, kthxbai"
And to your point in the middle, the US public at large and most of our government gave two craps about this problem for a long time while the rest of the first world (sans UK perhaps) loaded up product orders. It's dumb to blame MMM for following the law of supply and demand.
UpstateAg
AG
Guys. The answer is so obvious. Tobacco! BAT
https://www.newsweek.com/tobacco-says-working-potential-coronavirus-vaccines-1495451?fbclid=IwAR1RdQxE4o9****JmGSHqAVxGqMyEOkpCPjPIpsKYOFc8iGlCT5XtIco8Zw
ProgN
IrishTxAggie
AG
These estimators are worse than meteorologists
McInnis 03
AG
IrishTxAggie said:

These estimators are worse than meteorologists
Ha! I tend to give them some leniency right now.....hard to know exactly the dollar amount the damage of the tsunami before the wave has even reached the shore.
Carlo4
AG
Just a bit outside.

claym711
AG
Hmm, that number runs up to March 12 I believe? Thats before any stay at home orders.
oldarmy1
AG
3M yawner so far. Was hoping to see that $320 area lows from sell off bottom. Guess a lot of people are realizing getting "hit hard" means your selling a ton of stuff, just sell it to us first.
ProgN
Quote:

*Tilray Option Alert: Jun 19 $25 Calls at the Ask: 2315 @ $0.141 vs 7517 OI; Earnings 5/12 After Close [est] Ref=$6.08
claym711
AG
Fairly good odds of an up day today.
BrokeAssAggie
WTI looking to make another run today.
Exsurge Domine
Hope you guys getting in on that HP cheddar
Shiner Bock
Im thinking about buying health insurance companies. I'm a (mostly elective) surgeon and havent been in the OR in two weeks. None of my colleagues have either, and no plans to perform routine procedures in the next month or two. No one is seeing patients. ER's are mostly covid rule outs, and most are staying home unless true emergency, so ER's for the most part are quieter than usual (for now). Sure there will be costs with ICU beds increasing, but I can almost guarantee it will be cheaper than all of the US surgeons who perform 10 total knee replacements per day that are sitting at home. I think they could have a massive few quarters this year.
First Page Last Page
Page 1242 of 6437

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.