Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

21,516,188 Views | 223265 Replies | Last: 20 min ago by Heineken-Ashi
Exsurge Domine
How long do you want to ignore this user?
[url=https://ibb.co/cQ1cgjH][/url]

My God, have you ever seen a gap down like this?
Red Rover
AG
Go back and look at them in Aug - Oct 2019. What's the story with this stock?

Looks like a merger. Maybe the share prices are being displayed poorly in your chart?
Touchless
AG
How would the board rank LUV, DAL. UAL and AAL for long term plays? Any other airlines you'd recommend over any of those?
IrishTxAggie
AG
LUV
UAL
DAL
AAL
JBLU
ALK
FRNT
SAVE

tlepoC
AG
I see you whales buying
Exsurge Domine
Touchless said:

How would the board rank LUV, DAL. UAL and AAL for long term plays? Any other airlines you'd recommend over any of those?

JetBlue
Touchless
AG
McInnis 03 said:

Touchless said:

Can someone help me understand how to issue covered calls? I haven't done it before and I want to make sure I enter one correctly if I ever do it. Below is a screenshot of one I could do for LEN.

Obviously select Covered Call and then I assume I select Sell since I own the shares already. I can do 100 or 200 shares since I own 217 which defaults to 1 or 2 contracts. I do Buy to Open?? And then enter whatever date and strike price I want. I would then receive the premium listed in the box I'm guessing, but there is also an "estimated amount" below that is throwing me off. That calcs out to me selling all 200 shares for the current share price (which I obviously don't want to do) instead of the strike price so this is why I think I'm doing something wrong here.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. TIA.

If you already own 100 shares of something, just do a single order "Sell to open" a contract on the underlying. TDA's "covered call" is confusing if you haven't done it before.
Another quick question on this. If I sell to open a call option, in the event it is exercised at some point, is my account automatically debited those shares or what happens exactly on my end to fulfill that obligation? I submitted 2 sell to open call options for IOVA and I hope they expire worthless if someone picks them up, but want to know what to expect in case it's called out.
GreasenUSA
AG
Exsurge Domine said:

[url=https://ibb.co/cQ1cgjH][/url]

My God, have you ever seen a gap down like this?
Yeah, LK had a bigger one this morning.
Touchless
AG
Would y'all consider deep in the money LEAPs on some of those? LUV for example you could pay about half the cost up front for 100 shares (1/21/22 $17.5C is around $17 and current stock price is at $32.80). Have almost 2 years for the stock to bounce back for a strong return.
thirdcoast
AG
The consensus here is that there is not couple more months of pain for airlines?
We don't think at least 1 or 2 airlines with worst balance sheet restructures in and out of Ch 11?

How about puts on the weakest airline and calls on strongest...

Or is that line of thinking only for cruise lines since they didnt get the bailout.
Agnzona
thirdcoast said:

The consensus here is that there is not couple more months of pain for airlines?
We don't think at least 1 or 2 airlines with worst balance sheet restructures in and out of Ch 11?

How about puts on the weakest airline and calls on strongest...

Or is that line of thinking only for cruise lines since they didnt get the bailout.
Airlines are probably looking at 12 months minimum of disaster.
"Fort Worth where the West begins...and Dallas is where the East peters out!"
gougler08
AG
Touchless said:

McInnis 03 said:

Touchless said:

Can someone help me understand how to issue covered calls? I haven't done it before and I want to make sure I enter one correctly if I ever do it. Below is a screenshot of one I could do for LEN.

Obviously select Covered Call and then I assume I select Sell since I own the shares already. I can do 100 or 200 shares since I own 217 which defaults to 1 or 2 contracts. I do Buy to Open?? And then enter whatever date and strike price I want. I would then receive the premium listed in the box I'm guessing, but there is also an "estimated amount" below that is throwing me off. That calcs out to me selling all 200 shares for the current share price (which I obviously don't want to do) instead of the strike price so this is why I think I'm doing something wrong here.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. TIA.

If you already own 100 shares of something, just do a single order "Sell to open" a contract on the underlying. TDA's "covered call" is confusing if you haven't done it before.
Another quick question on this. If I sell to open a call option, in the event it is exercised at some point, is my account automatically debited those shares or what happens exactly on my end to fulfill that obligation? I submitted 2 sell to open call options for IOVA and I hope they expire worthless if someone picks them up, but want to know what to expect in case it's called out.

On fidelity, if you are called out or the stock price is above your strike price at the final day of the period, then it automatically sells the stocks to cover your obligation (normally actually executes on Saturday for whatever reason)
claym711
AG
Buying airlines now? Lord the risk appetite here is off the charts. Im surprised no one trades futures.
McInnis 03
AG
AAL had big movement on the 15c today for apr17
Alta
AG
I don't think certain airlines are necessary all that risky. No idea when they recover but certainly think they will due to a number of factors. Whether it takes 6 months or two years from now I think there are bargains to be had. That said I think you will be able to get in on airlines at a good price for awhile.
AgsnFly
AG
thumbsup06 said:

Ackerman

I doubt it. I have met the guy and that doesn't seem like his trade. But what do I know.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
My rh has a couple hundred bucks in cash right now, thinking maybe I'll sell puts on nio until I get assigned, then sell calls. Is there a better strategy than just selling $2.5p for next Friday?
(Edit: idea being that China is farther along in the covid journey therefore hopefully closer to recovery than we are. Also it's just $250)
iluvpoker
oldarmy1 said:

You guys who were asking about when to start buying airline stocks. Now

I respect your opinion a lot so why do you believe what I quoted?
McInnis 03
AG
Holy hell, anyone think 3M gets slaughtered tomorrow?
CSTXAg92
AG
oldarmy1 said:

You guys who were asking about when to start buying airline stocks. Now
Which one(s) do you prefer?
ProgN
McInnis 03 said:

gougler08
AG
Prognightmare said:

McInnis 03 said:

What exactly were they doing? Price gouging or something of the sort?
FrioAg 00
AG
I'm betting they weren't running the manufacturing at 100%, which holds onto the shortages and spike pricing.

Clorox and Purell Bette the watching
Exsurge Domine
What were they doing?
oldarmy1
AG
Get ready to buy 3M. Yummy
khaos288
AG
oldarmy1 said:

yeah, talk about a sweet buy opportunity
azul_rain
good to go long ?
AnyOtherName
AG
khaos288 said:

oldarmy1 said:

...this may be silly, but why buy and not sell? Sounds like Trump kicked them in the nuts. Is the buy because of the Defense Production Act?
ProgN
I haven't looked into it specially but I believe they were selling the masks to foreign governments and not doing for us.
khaos288
AG
AnyOtherName said:

khaos288 said:

oldarmy1 said:

...this may be silly, but why buy and not sell? Sounds like Trump kicked them in the nuts. Is the buy because of the Defense Production Act?
I'm just assuming they'll take a heavy hit, but in the long term be fine. Short term fines and bad news during this might mean HEAVY discount. In reality though, government fines levied vs non-stop full production sell outs at a company like 3m? I'll take the discount and give it a year.
GreasenUSA
AG
They don't sell direct, and they weren't doing anything about their resellers' price gouging.
moses1084ever
AG
Fuji film having a nice start in Tokyo
oldarmy1
AG
AnyOtherName said:

khaos288 said:

oldarmy1 said:

If you own it the damage will be done when it opens lower. But it becomes a buy when you get oversold on emotion because it's a solid company in a safe industry.
IrishTxAggie
AG
Drink Dr. Pepper!!
Exsurge Domine
moses1084ever said:

Fuji film having a nice start in Tokyo

Wonder if there's some news about this antiviral
First Page Last Page
Page 1241 of 6380

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.