Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

22,018,086 Views | 224187 Replies | Last: 15 min ago by Heineken-Ashi
La Bamba
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
CrazyRichAggie said:

WTI looking to make another run today.

I think USO, OXY and APA might have some swings today. Careful out there.
Boat Shoes
AG
La Bamba said:

I do wonder if the second "stimulus" is actually that infrastructure bill sprinkled with more covid relief help.

If infrastructure related, $CX finally going to make a move???
LatinAggie1997
AG
I enjoy reading this forum. I am so woefully out of my depth that it's like reading someone translate Chinese into Greek.

Good info, the modicum I understand or can research.
Touchless
AG
gougler08 said:

Touchless said:

McInnis 03 said:

Touchless said:

Can someone help me understand how to issue covered calls? I haven't done it before and I want to make sure I enter one correctly if I ever do it. Below is a screenshot of one I could do for LEN.

Obviously select Covered Call and then I assume I select Sell since I own the shares already. I can do 100 or 200 shares since I own 217 which defaults to 1 or 2 contracts. I do Buy to Open?? And then enter whatever date and strike price I want. I would then receive the premium listed in the box I'm guessing, but there is also an "estimated amount" below that is throwing me off. That calcs out to me selling all 200 shares for the current share price (which I obviously don't want to do) instead of the strike price so this is why I think I'm doing something wrong here.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. TIA.

If you already own 100 shares of something, just do a single order "Sell to open" a contract on the underlying. TDA's "covered call" is confusing if you haven't done it before.
Another quick question on this. If I sell to open a call option, in the event it is exercised at some point, is my account automatically debited those shares or what happens exactly on my end to fulfill that obligation? I submitted 2 sell to open call options for IOVA and I hope they expire worthless if someone picks them up, but want to know what to expect in case it's called out.

On fidelity, if you are called out or the stock price is above your strike price at the final day of the period, then it automatically sells the stocks to cover your obligation (normally actually executes on Saturday for whatever reason)
Interesting. Thanks. They really force you to sell the stock if the stock price is above the strike price? I would think they'd only do that if the option you issue is called out. I'm on TDA, so not sure if it's the same or not.
gougler08
AG
Touchless said:

gougler08 said:

Touchless said:

McInnis 03 said:

Touchless said:

Can someone help me understand how to issue covered calls? I haven't done it before and I want to make sure I enter one correctly if I ever do it. Below is a screenshot of one I could do for LEN.

Obviously select Covered Call and then I assume I select Sell since I own the shares already. I can do 100 or 200 shares since I own 217 which defaults to 1 or 2 contracts. I do Buy to Open?? And then enter whatever date and strike price I want. I would then receive the premium listed in the box I'm guessing, but there is also an "estimated amount" below that is throwing me off. That calcs out to me selling all 200 shares for the current share price (which I obviously don't want to do) instead of the strike price so this is why I think I'm doing something wrong here.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. TIA.

If you already own 100 shares of something, just do a single order "Sell to open" a contract on the underlying. TDA's "covered call" is confusing if you haven't done it before.
Another quick question on this. If I sell to open a call option, in the event it is exercised at some point, is my account automatically debited those shares or what happens exactly on my end to fulfill that obligation? I submitted 2 sell to open call options for IOVA and I hope they expire worthless if someone picks them up, but want to know what to expect in case it's called out.

On fidelity, if you are called out or the stock price is above your strike price at the final day of the period, then it automatically sells the stocks to cover your obligation (normally actually executes on Saturday for whatever reason)
Interesting. Thanks. They really force you to sell the stock if the stock price is above the strike price? I would think they'd only do that if the option you issue is called out. I'm on TDA, so not sure if it's the same or not.
So I've seen mine executed one time where the stock price was over the strike on like a Wednesday and I guess the owner of the call executed it and so I sold the shares before the end date.

All other times, if the stock price at close of business on your expiration date Friday is > strike price then your shares will be executed and automatically sold. If the stock price is < strike price, then it will expire worthless
Carlo4
AG
edit - just learned Raytheon made a switch in stock.
oldarmy1
AG
S&P has a gap at 2571. Be cautious once that's filled.
J_Landes89
AG
NRZ down another 20% today
Touchless
AG
Good to know. I appreciate it.
Boat Shoes
AG
Loading up on WYNN at $50?
Jack Pearson
AG
La Bamba said:

CrazyRichAggie said:

WTI looking to make another run today.

I think USO, OXY and APA might have some swings today. Careful out there.
Whats the point of tweeting that? yeah no **** its not enough but it will do nothing but help so its a positive step.
Aggie_2463
AG
COOP - down 20% today
gougler08
AG
LADR down big today...those Apr 17 5 Puts are at 1.50 now for anyone wanting to open a long position
tam2002
AG
Boat Shoes said:

I have a bunch now and have a order set at 48 to fill. I feel better about Wynn than any other Vegas property
Aggie_2463
AG
LADR - down 20% today
Aggie1391
Boat Shoes said:

Sold 4/17 $45p on Wednesday. I was going to buy in at 50 anyways, so I would gladly take it at 45 if it hits.
Boat Shoes
AG
tam2002 said:

Boat Shoes said:

I have a bunch now and have a order set at 48 to fill. I feel better about Wynn than any other Vegas property
Ive definitely had some good times at the WYNN.
aggiedaniel06
AG
I hope the guy who shorted LADR, held on.
IrishTxAggie
AG
Though I agree with him, Kudlow needs to STFU
khaos288
AG
IrishTxAggie said:

Idk why but this post cracked me up. "He's right but eff him."
Boat Shoes
AG
khaos288 said:

IrishTxAggie said:

Idk why but this post cracked me up. "He's right but eff him."

I dunno, I used to like Kudlow. "Drill baby drill!"
oldarmy1
AG
ONTX volume. Loaded up
tam2002
AG
Are we buying LADR when it gets in the 2s?
Boat Shoes
AG
oldarmy1 said:

ONTX volume. Loaded up

Are these guys working on something specific to COVID-19? What's the play here? Thanks!
shiphunt
AG
Anybody got any ideas for a cheap hail Mary gamble going into the weekend?
AnyOtherName
AG
tam2002 said:

I am afraid to touch it, but I want it.
McInnis 03
AG
So are we already pulling the rug out on the S&P. It's not even 2:15p yet.
IrishTxAggie
AG
shiphunt said:

Anybody got any ideas for a cheap hail Mary gamble going into the weekend?
MSFT 4/9 165C have been getting hit up all morning
light_bulb
AG
I'm getting greedy and bought. Will hold on for dear life.
Spaceship
AG
What the heck is going on with LADR today?
tam2002
AG
Bought 100 shares of LADR at 3.00. Ahh well
krosch11
AG
In ADBE at 292. Lets see if we pivot for a quick gain or hold for the long run.
Carlo4
AG
AnyOtherName said:

tam2002 said:

I am afraid to touch it, but I want it.

Charismatic Megafauna
AG
NRD09 said:

BREwmaster said:

AnyOtherName said:

What the flip is LK doing the last 30 minutes today? Why is $14-15 a number everyone is throwing around even on twitter?
it is still being shorted, so chill. Grab a beer, stay a while. It will rebound today, but I bet it starts tomorrow if not Monday.
I'm in for one 4/9 15c at $30. let's do this
also another at $11, then 2 more at $5. Lol...
kyle field 94
AG
I bot some as well at 3.00

Already put in orders to sell half at 4.00 and the other half at 5.00

First Page Last Page
Page 1243 of 6406

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.