Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

22,093,557 Views | 224502 Replies | Last: 35 min ago by HoustonAg2014
khaos288
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Puts flashed green about 25%. I'll take that on these premium burn days.
Post removed:
by user
AggiePeeps06
AG
I've been working on figuring out the same thing. You're right.. The hardest part is figuring out how the Fed will impact potential defaults. They are dropping helicopter money everywhere so it's really hard to figure out who will be left holding the bag, or if anyone will even default at all? It seems the Government is dead set on no defaults of major employers, so anyone with a lot of employees will most likely be protected. So, probably best to look at regional banks or investment co's with regional exposure. That's the way I'm thinking about it.
McInnis 03
AG
I would use puts where able to do just that
Fitch
AG
Agreed. Banks, REITS and CMBS portfolios with regional concentrations that have been hard hit will have a longer tail of economic inactivity. Parts of the country may get back to work in weeks, but some markets will be out of commission for months.
ProgN
Exsurge Domine said:

oldarmy1 said:

Largest volume minute on the day on SPY. Engulfing candle off the rip, so see if that becomes a pivot.

Are you looking at candles on the minute? How do you stay sane?

khaos288
AG
khaos288 said:

Puts flashed green about 25%. I'll take that on these premium burn days.

Of course they're about 40% now
deadbq03
AG
GLD might be finding support here, which is nearly a perfect Model T from 3/24's gap.
AggiePeeps06
AG
Let me know if you find anything interesting and I'll do the same. Wish we had a way to trade institutional CDS, Big Short style
AnyOtherName
AG
AggiePeeps06 said:

Let me know if you find anything interesting and I'll do the same. Wish we had a way to trade institutional CDS, Big Short style
i miss riley.
CSTXAg92
AG
AnyOtherName said:

AggiePeeps06 said:

i miss riley.
Where did he go?
Exsurge Domine
CSTXAg92 said:

AnyOtherName said:

AggiePeeps06 said:

i miss riley.
Where did he go?

I think he's a Doc in Louisiana, I'm sure he's swamped
claym711
AG
Buying Vix calls to 80 with a significant chunk of AUM is nuts. Wonder when he initiated that trade.
thirdcoast
AG
GoT sees the bull trap but doesn't seem to respect the model T too much. He sees a reversal well below 50% retracement.

oldarmy1
AG
Trust the intraday pivot on volume.
oldarmy1
AG
We're not that fare from Model T. One big push day and we're there but if the markets are truly going to be that weak then it is true that it might not achieve Model T. If you are in that camp then be buying some SPY Puts out 10-14 days $245-$230
Aggie_2463
AG
oldarmy1 said:

We're not that fare from Model T. One big push day and we're there but if the markets are truly going to be that weak then it is true that it might not achieve Model T. If you are in that camp then be buying some SPY Puts out 10-14 days $245-$230
I'm in the camp of sitting on cash right now waiting to re-enter, but man it's hard sitting here watching

Just tell me I'll get my chance soon OA!
Bob Knights Paper Hands
Same here. I feel like the tourist sitting around folding bad hands hoping I'll be sober enough to play when the time comes.
Aggie_2463
AG
Bob Knights Liver said:

Same here. I feel like the tourist sitting around folding bad hands hoping I'll be sober enough to play when the time comes.

I made two trades recently for profit but missed my chance for third this morning. Playing scared right now
AnyOtherName
AG
For the newbs in here... if when the Bull Trap ends, is it obvious? Is it a massive day(s) drop or a slow bleed over time to the bottom?
IrishTxAggie
AG
Abbott just extended the SAH until 4/30
claym711
AG
It won't be obvious until after the opportunity is gone.

The play today was shorting near the AH edge when volume disappeared at highs. It was an obvious edge where you can use a tight stop and let it run down if it wins.
Carlo4
AG
The above video gives a straight-forward presentation on his opinion with technical analysis as to the next move down. He's more bearish than others here, so his answer was a few days, with today potentially being the signal (finish below 2600 S&P). That's how I interpreted this.

Again, this is a newb answer as I most certainly am one... there are reasons like clay mentioned above as to why things are what they are.

azul_rain

Ragoo
AG
IrishTxAggie said:

Abbott just extended the SAH until 4/30
just to match the federal recommendation
thirdcoast
AG
I suppose strength into close above 2600 would bode well for Model T this week.
azul_rain
wake me when we bottom
Exsurge Domine
hedge_zer0 said:

wake me when we bottom
Ragoo
AG
hedge_zer0 said:

wake me when we bottom
will you stop posting until then, azul?
Exsurge Domine
I was an idiot to buy options in this market. Vix is too damn high, LADR has dropped like a stone and I'm red because of the ridiculous premium. Rookie mistake
Exsurge Domine
Any of your guys playing predictit? I got Cuomo as democratic candidate for 8cents. I don't think he gets it, but I bet I can unload at 12-15 or so after New York peaks
deadbq03
AG
Exsurge Domine said:

I was an idiot to buy options in this market. Vix is too damn high, LADR has dropped like a stone and I'm red because of the ridiculous premium. Rookie mistake
I'm getting smoked too. I should've listened to Riley's advice. It think it was 2 weeks ago when he said he was switching to long-dated VIX puts.
McInnis 03
AG
deadbq03 said:

Exsurge Domine said:

I'm getting smoked too. I should've listened to Riley's advice. It think it was 2 weeks ago when he said he was switching to long-dated VIX puts.

In the nov 18p
Exsurge Domine
deadbq03 said:

Exsurge Domine said:

Maybe two weeks ago, the premium is still $25/30 for $50 Vix puts in November
La Bamba
AG
So for those planning on shorting a potential low re-test, how are you playing this? I saw OA recommend 10-14 day 240-235 puts. How are others looking at it?

I sold my SPY position today at 260. Patient to let the trade to the downside develop (I.e. can wait if we retest 263 or even break thru it).
First Page Last Page
Page 1228 of 6415

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.