Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

21,518,296 Views | 223281 Replies | Last: 43 min ago by gougler08
ProgN
How long do you want to ignore this user?

The sheep will freak out and so will the markets.
CaptnCarl
AG
Right now I'm looking to fold some additional cash into the market. The stocks and trigger I'm waiting for:

VTI < $120
CVX < $60

Will we get there in April? Not a trader, just trying to get more time in the market.
McInnis 03
AG
Mask makers Monday

Carlo4
AG
If you follow the tweet, the CDC made a reply to him that this is not in the works. Going to be interesting to follow.
YNWA_AG
AG

The tweet mentioned
FrioAg 00
AG
McInnis 03 said:

Mask makers Monday

This is the precursor to resuming /opening up things
azul_rain
Nope
Grown Pear
AG
CaptnCarl said:

Right now I'm looking to fold some additional cash into the market. The stocks and trigger I'm waiting for:

VTI < $120
CVX < $60

Will we get there in April? Not a trader, just trying to get more time in the market.
I feel pretty confident we will see that.
leoj
AG
FrioAg 00 said:

McInnis 03 said:

Mask makers Monday

How, we can't even get nurses and doctors enough masks to meet their usage needs and now every person in America is going to wear one? Not very realistic given the current circumstances.
La Bamba
AG
If mask names start getting hot again, a few names to file away: APT, LAKE and AHPI. Most of those have ramped up and then fallen hard - so careful. But they were the runners when this thing all started.
La Bamba
AG
leoj said:

FrioAg 00 said:

McInnis 03 said:

Mask makers Monday

How, we can't even get nurses and doctors enough masks to meet their usage needs and now every person in America is going to wear one? Not very realistic given the current circumstances.
If that is the direction in which the administration wants to go in, then there will be massive amounts of money being thrown at this. I would not underestimate ANYTHING in this market.
docaggie
AG
Cloth masks in public would be useful. It would provide a measure of protection to the every day person AND serve as a great reminder not to touch your mouth with your dirty fingers.

They're a consideration for medical professionals now, but aren't as good as the ones we usually use, so you aren't going to see them in the hospital - yet.

Cannot tell you how many times I saw someone stick their fingers in their mouths just today while running a few errands. The guy at the ATM who licked his fingers after using the ATM to count his money, for example.

No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
AgOutsideAustin
AG
McInnis 03 said:

Mask makers Monday

Already wear a mask outside that's no big deal.
Better not try to make me quit wearing white socks with flip flops or I'll lose it.
- The Asians
La Bamba
AG
France buys 1 Billion masks. Yeah, I think mask names will be hot this week.
https://www.canberratimes.com.au/story/6701614/worse-ahead-as-france-buys-billion-masks/
claym711
AG
Something I'm keeping an eye on is the big big discrepancy in UVOL-DVOL between 2008-2011 and now. If buy/sell volume picks up, gonna be scary volatile.
Agsrback12
A while back you mentioned your indicators changing to green while still months away from a recovery. Is that still the case or has that changed?
claym711
AG
Yes the data did indicate that big ass bounce was coming, that indicator did already flip short again. In 2008 it flipped long in Nov 2008, which was a spot to sell. I did have longs last week but started selling futures near 2600 as I said.

That indicator hasn't reached anywhere close to the peak low that 2008 reached, and the data is normalized.

You can kinda see what I'm talking about in public data if you pull up DVOL.
FrontPorchAg
leoj said:

FrioAg 00 said:

McInnis 03 said:

Mask makers Monday

Don't worry the mob unions just found 39 million laying around:

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/nidhiprakash/seiu-uhw-masks-coronavirus-ppe

Quote:

The Service Employees International Union's United Healthcare Workers West started looking for vendors who could supply masks and other protective equipment five days ago, after "pleas from frontline health care workers that they need more protection and feel unsafe on the job," they said in a statement on Thursday. Union staff tracked down the supplier with 39 million masks available, along with another who they say can make 20 million masks per week.
That number represents over 3x the National Strategic Supply and they are happily selling them to the hospitals at $5 a pop
All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others
FrontPorchAg
claym711 said:

Something I'm keeping an eye on is the big big discrepancy in UVOL-DVOL between 2008-2011 and now. If buy/sell volume picks up, gonna be scary volatile.
Is this the high frequency traders?
FrontPorchAg
CaptnCarl said:

VTI < $120
CVX < $60

I'm looking at VHT (Healthcare ETF) When the government says we will spend any amount I think this will perform well.
tlepoC
AG
You mean you are going to short that, right? I would be very wary of healthcare profits right now.
ProgN
Mtn_Guide said:

CaptnCarl said:

VTI < $120
CVX < $60

I'm looking at VHT (Healthcare ETF) When the government says we will spend any amount I think this will perform well.

That sector is going to somewhat risky until after the election imo.
khaos288
AG
Prognightmare said:

Mtn_Guide said:

CaptnCarl said:

VTI < $120
CVX < $60

That sector is going to somewhat risky until after the election imo.

I don't see many major changes. White House isn't changing. Even if dems take both houses, they'll have to get past vetos.
ProgN
I meant if they get the WH.
khaos288
AG
Prognightmare said:

I meant if they get the WH.

Oh yeah. I give it a 1% chance. Biden being the front runner and not even being able to complete a sentence without telling at his base is a non-starter
ProgN
Government sanctioned ballot harvesting just got codified into law and they're going balls out in the battleground states. Voter fraud will be off the charts. IMO

Bad for markets and all stocks if I'm right and I've never wanted to be more wrong in my life.
FrontPorchAg
I am dead serious

I give the dems 50/50 chance of getting the WH and I just don't see them getting 60 seats in the Senate. And even if they do control everything it's going to take at least a year to get anything passed.

I might be wrong but my thesis is this: Patients are actively avoiding the doctor's offices nationwide. (I'm going to see my back doc on Monday and he said I am only one of 3 patients that day. Everyone else canceled) Hospital censuses nationwide are way down despite what you see on the news about coronaviruses. ER's maybe over run but hospitals have canceled all elective surgeries to save resources. That means less doctor visits, less medicine being prescribed, less everything.

But you can let healthcare problems sit idle forever. People willing to wait and as Corona subsides mid-summer patients are going to flood back into the market because they need medical care. And there are going to be massive backlogs of surgeries and doctors visits.

I don't think the market has priced in the census yet and when it does it will go lower. Even if it doesn't drop significantly lower I think this will be one of the first areas to bounce back.

The big headwind is layoffs and insurance but most of the employees laid off thus far aren't employees with benefits. Even as is VHT is heavier on the product side and lighter on the health insurance side.
khaos288
AG
Prognightmare said:

Government sanctioned ballot harvesting just got codified into law and they're going balls out in the battleground states. Voter fraud will be off the charts. IMO

Bad for markets and all stocks if I'm right and I've never wanted to be more wrong in my life.

I thought historically the markets actually have a higher average performance under democrats, and Biden is about as non-progressive as it gets. I'm not doom and gloom about that 1% chance, but man I just can't see it happening. I could see them flipping the senate, but that's about it. The red base is too strong for Trump.
ProgN
I've never really been in the healthcare stocks, except pharma, so I am in no position to debate you.
ProgN
Biden isn't going to be President, his VP will, and if it's Warren that's going to be bad. Biden will either step down or be removed by the 25th A.

President Warren crashes the market.
jj9000
AG
Prognightmare said:

Say what?

You sure you aren't confusing the House Bill with the newly signed Senate Bill?

Steering off course here.
khaos288
AG
Prognightmare said:

Biden isn't going to be President, his VP will, and if it's Warren that's going to be bad. Biden will either step down or be removed by the 25th A.

President Warren crashes the market.
Oh interesting. Yeah the reason I think he isn't electable is the reason you think it'll be a disaster with his eventual VP. Warren would be an interesting VP, but I think we see Bloomberg or some other non-progressive. No Bernie and no Warren is my guess.
Fightin_Aggie
AG
Prognightmare said:

Everything I have seen this did not get in the final bill.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/final-vote-coronavirus-stimulus-bill-now-imminent-amid-tensions-over-provisions
The world needs mean tweets

My Pronouns Ultra and MAGA

Trump 2024
ProgN
I'm very happy to be wrong. I've had my son this week and didn't have time to delve into the specifics. Thanks.
Red Rover
AG
claym711 said:

Yes the data did indicate that big ass bounce was coming, that indicator did already flip short again. In 2008 it flipped long in Nov 2008, which was a spot to sell. I did have longs last week but started selling futures near 2600 as I said.

That indicator hasn't reached anywhere close to the peak low that 2008 reached, and the data is normalized.

You can kinda see what I'm talking about in public data if you pull up DVOL.

What data were you looking at? Curious for my own education.
First Page Last Page
Page 1216 of 6380

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.