Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

22,101,193 Views | 224562 Replies | Last: 3 hrs ago by jagvocate
McInnis 03
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
AgOutsideAustin said:

IrishTxAggie said:

He should wait for the clear bottom.....

When you ever seen a rich guy wait for a sale?
Touchless
AG
Question while it's out of hours and slower. If I were to buy a 2021 option today and then exercise that option in 6 months, what is my acquisition date for tax purposes? The date I buy the option or the date I exercise it and buy the shares?
george1992
Touchless said:

Question while it's out of hours and slower. If I were to buy a 2021 option today and then exercise that option in 6 months, what is my acquisition date for tax purposes? The date I buy the option or the date I exercise it and buy the shares?

Your acquisition date for the option is the day you purchase it and the date you acquired the stock it the date you acquire it, the exercise date.
Bocephus
AG
Talon2DSO said:

I'm waiting for it to get below $10 again...at least that's my hope in the next week or so

Bought some more at 11.90
Talon2DSO
AG
I'm holding shares with TEVA. Hope they do well
AgOutsideAustin
AG
McInnis 03 said:

AgOutsideAustin said:

IrishTxAggie said:

When you ever seen a rich guy wait for a sale?

This guy did, why buy now? Did he buy 60 or 90 days ago? Doubtful.
McInnis 03
AG
If you believe in insider buying as a signal, check out what Roger Kinder has been doing at Kinder Morgan $KMI
tailgatetimer10
AG
AgOutsideAustin said:

IrishTxAggie said:

He's watchlist this thread waiting on the model t
azul_rain
WHEN?
Agsrback12
When will this happen or did I already miss it?
La Bamba
AG
Nice video on trading with Fibonacci retracements, which is basically OA's Model T pattern. Interestingly enough, the video also claims that the 50% retracement level is the most common. Bit curious how the market has such a self-fulfilling characteristic, but it's massive amounts of people doing the buying and selling, so I guess it makes sense. Anyway, I thought this would be timely as most on here are chasing the golden SPY 279 level.

McInnis 03
AG
ABT gets approval on new 20 min CV19 test. Starting manufacture at 50k/day

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/abbott-labs-receives-fda-approval-for-rapid-covid-19-test-2020-03-27
La Bamba
AG
McInnis 03 said:

ABT gets approval on new 20 min CV19 test. Starting manufacture at 50k/day

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/abbott-labs-receives-fda-approval-for-rapid-covid-19-test-2020-03-27
Careful with these COVID testing names - there's a ton of them. I traded a few this week and had some mixed results. AYTU apparently has a 2 minute test. OPK is trash. CODX moved on news this past week.
McInnis 03
AG
For certain, but truth be told I've been holding ABT for years, a dividend aristocrat, solid company......interesting that they get a leg up here
tam2002
AG
I actually bought into a company TTOO off a testing contract at .45 and it shot to $1 two days later. Made some good money and got out. You are right there are tons of these type companies right now
Touchless
AG
george1992 said:

Touchless said:

Your acquisition date for the option is the day you purchase it and the date you acquired the stock it the date you acquire it, the exercise date.

Thanks. That's unfortunate. I was hoping it was all based on option purchase date since you essentially control 100 shares at that point. Good to know though.
jh0400
AG
What are you trying to solve for?
Touchless
AG
Nothing in particular. Just thinking about if I enter some 6 month options or something and then decide to exercise them what my effective date is for tax purposes. Trying to think ahead for the long term market reversal.
La Bamba
AG
I don't normally do options, so how are the lot of y'all playing the market if you believe we are re-testing the lows sometime in April? Do you buy strangled options on the way down or do you buy just the puts? And what time duration do you normally target?
gougler08
AG
So let's get a run up to that 280 point this week and then go retest that 230 gap by mid April for re-entry points for most of us. Then we can just go ahead and move steadily up over the next few months as America realizes we all need to sack up and get back to work

Everyone ok with that plan?
ProgN
gougler08 said:

So let's get a run up to that 280 point this week and then go retest that 230 gap by mid April for re-entry points for most of us. Then we can just go ahead and move steadily up over the next few months as America realizes we all need to sack up and get back to work

Can you get Saudi to attack Iran to get the price of oil up too?
La Bamba
AG
Prognightmare said:

gougler08 said:

Or can Russian wells get Covid?
McInnis 03
AG
Early on I was far too weighted to bullish action. Was losing my arse. Since that sore time I've been balancing bullish positions with bearish ones to create a more neutral stance that allows for profit on movements both ways.

I'm still trying to get the hang of it but this past week was far better for me than any other
IrishTxAggie
AG
Ragoo
AG
Prognightmare said:

gougler08 said:

id rather let the market balance out and not need geopolitical conflict to artificially create market demand.
ProgN
I was being facetious.
Spaceship
AG
Ragoo said:

Prognightmare said:

gougler08 said:

id rather let the market balance out and not need geopolitical conflict to artificially create market demand.

I think he was joking.
ProgN

Herd immunity stories are becoming more prevalent. If this is true, we're at the latter stages and economy will roar when we finally open, but it needs to be sooner than later.
jj9000
AG
I read the British epidimiologist paper.

Several assumptions were made in the model which may suggest GIGO.

Encouraging if valid, however, the lethality of a virus doesn't just tick up in the 3-4 month timeframe, with massive amounts of people needing ventilators to live. The world would have been where we are now months ago.
WoMD
jj9000 said:

Encouraging if valid, however, the lethality of a virus doesn't just tick up in the 3-4 month timeframe, with massive amounts of people needing ventilators to live. The world would have been where we are now months ago.

Exactly. If this has been a slow build then we wouldn't see such a dramatic swarm of critical patients. And that growth of critical patients is following the trend of a new infection to the population, not one that's been spreading for a long timeframe.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
McInnis 03 said:

Early on I was far too weighted to bullish action. Was losing my arse. Since that sore time I've been balancing bullish positions with bearish ones to create a more neutral stance that allows for profit on movements both ways.

I'm still trying to get the hang of it but this past week was far better for me than any other

It's a balance. This week I've found myself more bearish than I probably should have been. Accounts still went up but I'm losing ground (or losing buying power) versus if I had shoved everything in an index on Monday. I'm still learning as well. There has 5o be some way for me to create a formula based guide for myself to evaluate that. Still thinking through that.

This is where I probably need to reach out more to investment professionals.
Ragoo
AG
Prognightmare said:

I was being facetious.
gig em 02
Prognightmare said:

Herd immunity stories are becoming more prevalent. If this is true, we're at the latter stages and economy will roar when we finally open, but it needs to be sooner than later.

I was a big Candace Owen fan but the way she has been handling this is a joke. I'm going to buy some puts because I think she's really hurt her career in the last couple weeks.
khaos288
AG
WoMD said:

jj9000 said:

Exactly. If this has been a slow build then we wouldn't see such a dramatic swarm of critical patients. And that growth of critical patients is following the trend of a new infection to the population, not one that's been spreading for a long timeframe.
Doesn't this line up with all the social distancing efforts? All the early models suggested if we stop those efforts we'll have a resurgence of infections therefore deaths. Seems to fall perfectly in line with that theory.

I know there are tons of people who can't work from home, but I can't imagine going back to work for a month, and then starting all this over again is the best choice of action.
Grown Pear
AG
Bob Knights Liver said:

McInnis 03 said:

It's a balance. This week I've found myself more bearish than I probably should have been. Accounts still went up but I'm losing ground (or losing buying power) versus if I had shoved everything in an index on Monday. I'm still learning as well. There has 5o be some way for me to create a formula based guide for myself to evaluate that. Still thinking through that.

This is where I probably need to reach out more to investment professionals.
Don't beat yourself up. Nobody will ever make the right call 100% of the time. Nor be positioned perfectly for the markets reaction on an hourly or daily basis.

Mistakes generally come from behavior and emotional decision making. Learn from those and why something happened. Choose your exit strategies and stick to them.

A $1,000 mistake now beats a $15,000 mistake in the future.
First Page Last Page
Page 1215 of 6417

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.