Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

22,028,210 Views | 224257 Replies | Last: 40 min ago by Heineken-Ashi
gougler08
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Anyone use Fidelity Active Trader Pro? Just realized I get it for free and somehow my work laptop allowed me to download it, so might dive in if people think its worth it
YouBet
AG
Prognightmare said:

I'm very happy to be wrong. I've had my son this week and didn't have time to delve into the specifics. Thanks.
Thank god you are fake news!
YouBet
AG
Mask question: totally get the initial run up here and y'all making a quick buck on it, but manufacturing masks seems like one of the more commoditized things that could get done. It seems like you could bang these out by the thousands on a production line per day...hell per hour....but I admittedly don't know much about them and which types makes sense to manufacture on a mass scale.

I get that the N95 (I assume) are more sophisticated and not as easy to mass produce, but is there a MVP version of masks you could crank up in no time? Has to be.
AgShaun00
AG
gougler08 said:

Anyone use Fidelity Active Trader Pro? Just realized I get it for free and somehow my work laptop allowed me to download it, so might dive in if people think its worth it
I use it.
Ragoo
AG
Just downloaded FIdelity active trader pro too.

Any way to paper trade?
Grown Pear
AG
While there's a small discussion on platforms, I want to give those thinking of switching a heads up. Any positive or negative experience is good to share.

I just consolidated most of my stuff to Chase Private Client Bank. I'm using their You Invest platform which means I'm just self directing my investments and not having Chase/JP Morgan manage them.

It's fine for a buy and hold type of investor which I largely am but the Options side is just awful. I think it's still just fairly new and they're working on improving it... and overall activity may be high because of the current times we're in. But I'm just very disappointed with the Options platform and some other areas that seems to be running very slow.

Traders stay away : )
Ernest Tucker
AG
YouBet said:

Prognightmare said:

I'm very happy to be wrong. I've had my son this week and didn't have time to delve into the specifics. Thanks.
Thank god you are fake news!

Damnit, I've based a couple of trades on your advice this past week. Texags needs a new emoticon that indicates when you have the boy
IrishTxAggie
AG
gougler08 said:

+1 for Fidelity Active Trader Pro. Their app is pretty user friendly too.
IrishTxAggie
AG
Ragoo said:

Any way to paper trade?

They don't have paper trading
ProgN
HustlerAggie
Never use a bank for investments or for insurance. Only use a bank for banking.
Hustle Harder
deadbq03
AG
Ironically, I used my insurance company as my bank (USAA) and then now I only use them as my bank because their home insurance rates are insane in TX.
La Bamba
AG
Ragoo said:

Any way to paper trade?

Think or Swim Platform has a relatively easy to use paper trading feature. You can start it without having to deposit any money into the trading account. Only beef with it is that the quotes are delayed, not sure if there's a way to fix that.

And FATP, only beef is they don't have VWAP as an indicator, which is a nice to have if your into trading.
Bocephus
AG
deadbq03 said:

Ironically, I used my insurance company as my bank (USAA) and then now I only use them as my bank because their home insurance rates are insane in TX.

I use them as my bank, veh insurance and mortgage.
reedsterg
AG
Too late to get in on ABT?
claym711
AG
So again....short the heck out of those low liquidity rips. Easiest play in bear market.
YNWA_AG
AG
Like the rip on Thursday?
azul_rain
so we down n out til April 30th at least, what do the markets do next ?
ToddyHill
AG
I think stocks will trend lower in April, though there will be days when the market is up, followed by days that are down. I don't think we're anywhere near the bottom.
khaos288
AG
hedge_zer0 said:

so we down n out til April 30th at least, what do the markets do next ?

What was said? I missed it. Had to put the dog down today
azul_rain
sorry for your loss, trump just said that he is extending stay at home guidelines til april 30th
khaos288
AG
hedge_zer0 said:

sorry for your loss, trump just said that he is extending stay at home guidelines til april 30th

Thanks and thanks. Makes sense. I saw the physician petition that had thousands of signatures to not end early when it's working.

It stinks the measure is so extreme, and that when it's working things seem safe. Glad they're sticking with it though.
tam2002
AG
I don't think any of this is that shocking. Market is gonna keep reacting how it's been until daily deaths go down
ProgN
Sorry brother, I like dogs more than most people.
khaos288
AG
Prognightmare said:

Sorry brother, I like dogs more than most people.

Thanks man. I firmly believe most dogs are, in fact, better than most people.
azul_rain
animals are great family members, hang tough OP
oldarmy1
AG
Be an ugly day tomorrow. Expected.
khaos288
AG
oldarmy1 said:

Any potential good news this week? I've got puts 10 days out, but probably will sell at open if we limit down.
oldarmy1
AG
Not really other than the stimulus implementation timeline.
ProgN
khaos288 said:

oldarmy1 said:

Any potential good news this week? I've got puts 10 days out, but probably will sell at open if we limit down.
The results from the Chloroquine being used on some patients in NY should be released early this week.
khaos288
AG
Prognightmare said:

khaos288 said:

oldarmy1 said:

The results from the Chloroquine being used on some patients in NY should be released early this week.

Yeah I think that's a sell at open. Buy them back when they swing up inevitably Tuesday.
Talon2DSO
AG
When you say sell at the open, where do you set the limit? I have the problem of way under shooting leaving money on the table or going over by a hair meaning the apex doesnt hit my limit to sell. How do I know where to set it for sell at the open?
khaos288
AG
Talon2DSO said:

When you say sell at the open, where do you set the limit? I have the problem of way under shooting leaving money on the table or going over by a hair meaning the apex doesnt hit my limit to sell. How do I know where to set it for sell at the open?

I don't usually put in an order before the bell and hope it fills. I'll wait until the market opens and see a number or two before deciding to actually pull the trigger. I'll have the sell order pulled up, and then just execute when I'm happy.

When I did put it orders to execute right at open, I would use this site, and just take off 10%.

https://www.optionsprofitcalculator.com/
GreasenUSA
AG
Use the site Khaos mentioned. If looking before open, make sure you set the date based on the closing price the day before. It's usually dead on. Watch the L2 right before open and put in your limit order.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Sorry about your dog, man

Similar question, I'm sitting on a 245 spy put expiring tomorrow, need to figure out how to play it. Probably gonna be on the road when market opens so I may just put in a sell order at $5 and hopefully make a couple bucks. I doubt we have a big red day tomorrow, market seems to be pretty desensitized
First Page Last Page
Page 1217 of 6408

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.