Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

22,029,210 Views | 224263 Replies | Last: 39 min ago by ProgN
claym711
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Thurs had broader participation. You can use net volume as an easy way to determine. Still, 2600 was an obvious short that paid, which I posted before it happened. Then did it again Friday to Sunday
iluvpoker
oldarmy1 said:

Be an ugly day tomorrow. Expected.

Anyone else surprised that futures are only down 1%? I expected limit down.
Post removed:
by user
the last of the bohemians
Seems odd with Trump extending the closure of country and its economy until April 30.
Are there some good rumors floating around I wonder?
jj9000
AG
iluvpoker said:

oldarmy1 said:

Be an ugly day tomorrow. Expected.

Anyone else surprised that futures are only down 1%? I expected limit down.

The night is young.
Cartographer
And full of terrors
McInnis 03
AG
Often a company is bought for a premium, so your $4 stock may immediately become a $6.25 stock in an instant and it will stay there until the deal closes.

There are other ways it can go too, but hope it goes that way
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
FAT SEXY said:

What generally happens to your stock if a company you were invested in was bought out?

Depends if it was a cash, stock, or combination deal. If cash they cash out your stock at whatever multiplier the deal was at whatever date it happened, say 1.2x share price on Mar 15. If shares that means a public company bought them and you get whatever fraction of shares the purchasing company agreed to pay for each of your shares. In reality the new value will be reflected in the stock price for a couple weeks or months after the deal is announced but before it closes, and you can just sell your shares then
GreasenUSA
AG
FAT SEXY said:

Are there usually any tell tale signs that a company is about to be bought out?
A rapid increase in price and rumors of a buyout.
IrishTxAggie
AG
FAT SEXY said:

Are there usually any tell tale signs that a company is about to be bought out?

Far OTM options activity
TDub5
AG
Is anybody looking into cruise lines? CCL runs a fairly large dividend and has fallen 74%. I would have to think all means of travel will shoot back up when this is over. Worth the risk?
IrishTxAggie
AG
That dividend is gone
tam2002
AG
OutdoorAg58 said:

Is anybody looking into cruise lines? CCL runs a fairly large dividend and has fallen 74%. I would have to think all means of travel will shoot back up when this is over. Worth the risk?

All the cruise lines are gonna fall a lot more so I'd wait if you wanted to buy...I think CCL has the best chance to survive and if it drops to 7 or 8 a share I might buy 100 just as a small lottery ticket
Grown Pear
AG
People travel by airplane for pleasure and business.

People go on cruises for pleasure only.
TDub5
AG
tam2002 said:

OutdoorAg58 said:

All the cruise lines are gonna fall a lot more so I'd wait if you wanted to buy...I think CCL has the best chance to survive and if it drops to 7 or 8 a share I might buy 100 just as a small lottery ticket
I am thinking the same. I understand the idea of "don't buy stocks for pleasure" right now, however when we come out of this it should skyrocket. Definitely not a short term buy as far as dividends go.
WoMD
OutdoorAg58 said:

tam2002 said:

OutdoorAg58 said:

I am thinking the same. I understand the idea of "don't buy stocks for pleasure" right now, however when we come out of this it should skyrocket. Definitely not a short term buy as far as dividends go.

I expect that the Vegas stocks will be seen the same way, no?
Ragoo
AG
Another 5 weeks of staying home. Anyone buying Netflix? Roku?
tam2002
AG
WoMD said:

OutdoorAg58 said:

tam2002 said:

OutdoorAg58 said:

I have more faith in Vegas stocks than the cruise lines. I already have a good amount of WYNN and will look to add to it as it drops
azul_rain
i wonder what amazon will do, considering multiple employees at different warehouses have gotten sick
WoMD
tam2002 said:

WoMD said:

OutdoorAg58 said:

tam2002 said:

OutdoorAg58 said:

I have more faith in Vegas stocks than the cruise lines. I already have a good amount of WYNN and will look to add to it as it drops

On those lines, thoughts on the extent of drops for Wynn and MGM?
IrishTxAggie
AG
OutdoorAg58 said:

tam2002 said:

OutdoorAg58 said:

Cruise liners have a PR problem on theirs hands. They're giant germ vessels and their issues got aired for the world to see. Some people know about Norovirus and how it can run thru a ship. But everyone knows about how the Coronavirus ran thru them. I won't be scared to go on a cruise. I rather enjoy them. But I think a lot more people will think twice from now on.
GreasenUSA
AG
IrishTxAggie said:

OutdoorAg58 said:

tam2002 said:

OutdoorAg58 said:

Cruise liners have a PR problem on theirs hands. They're giant germ vessels and their issues got aired for the world to see. Some people know about Norovirus and how it can run thru a ship. But everyone knows about how the Coronavirus ran thru them. I won't be scared to go on a cruise. I rather enjoy them. But I think a lot more people will think twice from now on.
Yeah, I think my investment into cruise lines is only going to be a cheap vacation once this is all over.
Aggie09Derek
AG
tam2002
AG
IrishTxAggie said:

OutdoorAg58 said:

tam2002 said:

OutdoorAg58 said:

Agreed. I think there's a real chance one or 2 of the main 3 go bankrupt. Cruises will still happen after all this. Gonna be a long road back tho
gvine07
AG
IrishTxAggie said:

OutdoorAg58 said:

tam2002 said:

OutdoorAg58 said:

I bought a little bit of RCL during this, sold some +71%, and some +80%. I'm still holding on to half long term, but not married to it.

It was always a germ vessel, and in 12 months everybody will have the corona virus vaccine in their normal flu shot (similar to h1n1).

I don't think cruise lines will recover overnight, but I'm willing to bet they're not dead in the water.
HSEAG13
Any Coronavirus bio stock have the potential to shoot off this week? Was reading some information on Aytu and didn't know if there were others.
ProgN
The market is getting COVID19 fatigue. This is actually a good indicator. By that I mean, watch how the market reacts to press releases of death totals and those infected. If it doesn't crater, it should tell you that the street no longer deems it important. JMO
IrishTxAggie
AG
I don't mean to say they're dead in the water. No pun intended. Just that their battle back is going to be a lot harder and longer than other companies that have been hit. Especially since they're not getting any of the bailout money (as of now) and if they do, they'll have to flag under the US or something and their bottom line will take a hit for the added taxes.
azul_rain
good faith ?
Post removed:
by user
McInnis 03
AG
hedge_zer0 said:

i wonder what amazon will do, considering multiple employees at different warehouses have gotten sick

They'll buy one of the cruise lines and probably something like schlumberger
gougler08
AG
Yeah it will be interesting to see the shake up in the O&G world over the next few months
TheCougarHunter
AG
Cruise ships need to die in a fire. I hope they all go bankrupt from this. I couldn't imagine a worse "vacation."
Ragoo
AG
McInnis 03 said:

hedge_zer0 said:

They'll buy one of the cruise lines and probably something like schlumberger
what would amazon do with an O&G service company?
First Page Last Page
Page 1218 of 6408

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.