Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

21,980,576 Views | 224071 Replies | Last: 6 hrs ago by ProgN
Barnyard96
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
TheVarian said:

Alright, first time post in here, but Joining the gang in purchasing some stocks.

LADR and Cemex. Not much, but you gotta start somewhere. Love reading this and have wanted to do this for some time. Figured might as well pull the trigger
Make sure the gun is pointed in a safe direction.
McInnis 03
AG
That rally was just insane.
La Bamba
AG
Three straight green days in a row. We are a few points off the 39% retracement (spy 265). I think we get that and more if the House finishes the bill. Heck, we may reach the 50% tomorrow (279). Fun stuff.
gig em 02
Fund rebalance allegedly
azul_rain
im not buying it, we going back down after this week. see yall on the flip side. BEAR GANG
Baby Billy
AG
jj9000 said:

About 5 minutes until the bottom falls out of this thing.

I don't get it either
Bob Knights Paper Hands
hedge_zer0 said:

i hate this game

Lol. I feel you brother. I'm starting to think I should set my time machine back to last Monday and get a mulligan for this week. You still solid bear now or starting to buy into the Fed being superman?
Alta
AG
I'm not as smart as I thought I was..
azul_rain
NOPE, still bearish. The virus WILL get worse
oldarmy1
AG
You guys not respecting the Model T amaze me.

Really really amaze me. Think about all the millions of shares the huge money bought and had to continue buying to get the market reversed. Then they have to create enough upward momentum to sell into as it continues and then you will see the drop.
AgShaun00
AG
impact of this?

Oil -5.02% fell as the U.S. cancelled its plan to buy oil for the Strategic Petroleum Reserve.

azul_rain
in layman's terms ?
Aggie09Derek
AG
All these put contracts I have been buying has not worked out....but damn the market the last 3 days has been ridiculous.

Carlo4
AG
VIX is still over 60... Unlike hedge... I don't think the virus will get worse... i think the fallout from the virus will get worse. Saw where Cheesecake Factory won't be making their lease payments on all their restaurants for April, and yet the REITs that hold them went up big last two days.

La Bamba
AG
hedge_zer0 said:

in layman's terms ?
Dude, no offense but this has been spelled out ad nauseum (I cant spell that word) on the last three or four pages. Hell, start with my post at the top of this page and work your way back.
ProgN
AgShaun00 said:

impact of this?

Oil -5.02% fell as the U.S. cancelled its plan to buy oil for the Strategic Petroleum Reserve.

I believe that the dems put into the stimulus bill a provision that Trump wasn't allowed to make that purchase. I'm busy and can't research it but it's something I've run across.
Brewmaster
AG
if these trollls are bearish, maybe they'll short here

I'm amazed how many here are waiting for things to drop more or to get a cheaper buy in. Buy half what you want to hold already!
OverSeas AG
AG
Every knee shall bow and every tongue shall confess
gougler08
AG
AgShaun00 said:

impact of this?

When did that happen?
ProgN
If you would have told anyone on the street that we'd lose 3.2M jobs in a week but the market would rally 25% that same week, you'd have been kicked in the balls and committed to an insane asylum.
aeroag14
AG
Aggie09Derek said:

All these put contracts I have been buying has not worked out....but damn the market the last 3 days has been ridiculous.

I have been waiting around for a few months for the best opportunity to jump into the investing world. Figured over the weekend that now was time to jump in. Dumped a big chunk into the market on Monday night.

So, you can say my first 3 days investing have gone well
OverSeas AG
AG
AgEng06
AG
aeroag14 said:

Aggie09Derek said:

I have been waiting around for a few months for the best opportunity to jump into the investing world. Figured over the weekend that now was time to jump in. Dumped a big chunk into the market on Monday night.

So, you can say my first 3 days investing have gone well

Same, except I started last Friday.
azul_rain
Funny because I started my IRA into Vanguard Admiral 500 a couple days before all this happened. Emptied my fidelity and took a small loss compared to what it would have been
OverSeas AG
AG
Fitch
AG
Calling it quits tomorrow if SPY hits 280. Reallocated half into bonds today. Jump back in May or June.
azul_rain
hey oldarmy, do you have a couple good book recommendations where I can expand my knowledge on trading
Carlo4
AG
Anyone watch this guy:

Scenario 1 - bull market rally ends between 2720 and 2800. Would be the model T being discussed here.
Scenario 2 - bull market rally ends around 2635... so today!

This video was done a few hours before close.
FriskyGardenGnome
AG
See the first post in this thread.
Aggie09Derek
AG
Fitch said:

Calling it quits tomorrow if SPY hits 280. Reallocated half into bonds today. Jump back in May or June.
That would be another like 8% or so...but hey, anything is possible.
azul_rain
thanks
Harkrider 93
AG
oldarmy1 said:

I bought another huge '22 LEAP on CX. At some point Mexico will get with the program. Very long bear cycle on Mexico construction, but CX is global too. It will be my money pit I can't give up on. $40k per option wave. The $3 one paid off with the move above $4 but when I sold if I look across the other 2 option chunks I still am down 24% in net trade value. I went $2 call leaps at $0.50 this time with $3.50 planned exit. That would end me up nicely after 2+ years of excruciating patience.
I know most of you understand what OA is saying, but I read his post like Jimbo Fisher is saying it. I read it as fast as he says it and I can't understand what the heck he is saying but I can't slow down or go back for clarification for fear I will miss what he says next.
Touchless
AG
hedge_zer0 said:

in layman's terms ?
I literally asked this earlier today as it's discussed a lot around here and I was just wanting to know the math. From my understanding, the Spy high was at $339.08 and the low from recently was $218.26. That's a decrease of $120.82. Divide that by 2 to get $60.41. Add the $60.41 to the low of $218.26 and you get $278.67.

$279 is has been mentioned as the top of the Model T so, in theory it should approach that mark and then retrace quickly back towards the lows. Likely within the next week or two.

That's just my understanding of the math of it. I'm not smart enough to say that's right or wrong, but OA seems to swear by it.

Someone correct me if that is wrong.
Agzonfire

Hoping for another bottom test next week. Or I'm an idiot (more than likely)
azul_rain
Thankyou for explaining it to me, i have a hard time keeping up with most of y'alls jargon. im just a dumb 24 year old
First Page Last Page
Page 1206 of 6403

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.