Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

21,514,346 Views | 223258 Replies | Last: 5 hrs ago by Heineken-Ashi
MOCO9
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Thoughts on getting into BXMT (Blackstone Mortgage Trust) now. Up 30% on the day still way down on the year. Thanks in advance.
Ernest Tucker
AG
On TD Think or Swim, how do I close out of a "call" position? Where I am completely cashed out and have no further action?
jamaggie06
AG
Execute a sell order for the identical position
Jack Bristow
AG
How is Charles Schwab as a platform for trading?
IrishTxAggie
AG
aeroag14 said:

Do we think that we will continue to see this boost if the house passes the stimulus bill tomorrow?
Sell the news
Ernest Tucker
AG
jamaggie06 said:

Execute a sell order for the identical position

Is that where I click the arrow to expand down showing the call position, check the box and select close position?

It tells me cost of trade ($###)

And submit?
Trolley Problems
NRD09 said:

Trolley Problems said:

Ok, need some input -

I'm sitting on a 248 x 258 SPY strangle, expiring tomorrow. The 258C are in the money, but the 248P are out of the money further than the calls are in the money. Options as I see them:

1. Close out the call for a slight profit, let the put ride to see if we swing the other way the second half of the day today / tomorrow morning.

2. Let them both ride, hoping for more run up today / tomorrow morning to put the call further in the money before closing out the whole position.

3. Close them both out now for a ~20% loss on the thought that time decay is going to kill me with expiry tomorrow and I'd be cutting losses.

What're everybody's thoughts? I'm kinda leaning towards #1, but I figured I'd ask since I'm still learning.
did you get the answer to this? I thought the strategy here was to sell the call when the market trended up or started to approach resistance, then sell the put when it swung back down to model T? Unfortunately I can't ever afford a call and a put, so I have to pick the losing side and watch it expire worthless!

I didn't see one, but I could've missed it (lolpoor with no stars, so I don't get notified if someone answers my post).

I went with Option #1 the last time SPY bounced of 259. Made a little profit on the call, and will hold the put through the close as a long shot for tomorrow.

What bit me is that I put in the strangle right before the selloff at the end of the day yesterday instead of waiting right before the close, then held overnight betting on a continuation downward. Played perfectly, I could've closed the put before the bell yesterday for a 30% profit, then closed the call today for 25% profit. Instead, I will likely lose money on the trade overall. I'm still clearly learning. Also maybe should've looked at an expiry further out in the future to give myself some more time. Who knows.
jamaggie06
AG
You can do it that way, but I normaly just go into the regular orders tab/page and go through the process of selecting the exact position and then selling.

I'm not sure, and it may depend on the platform you are running, but this way, I can see the actual bid-ask and set my price accordingly.
jamaggie06
AG
And even if you select the wrong option "sell to open" vs "sell to close" it won't matter. TD will recognize you have the position and post a "sell to close" order. At least, it does for me.

You also want to make sure that it says "credit" not "debit" the amount. I dont think the system would let you make such an obvious order mistake, but I have never tested it out.
McInnis 03
AG
BB675
AG
What's up with ROKU?
GigEmRangers75455
BB675 said:

What's up with ROKU?

Wondering the same. I added more today at $94 to average out to 81... thinking about getting more but not sure what's going on today...
AgShaun00
AG
Has anyone seen the new stuff coming out from microsoft with power app and power BI. It is a game changer for so many companies. All these SaaS companies will be feeling the pressure as most companies can now do it themselves with the new MSFT apps. It will be huge for our company. I am not sure of the financial impact for them, but i think it could be YUGE. just a FYI. Mass launch coming Apr 1.
La Bamba
AG
Don't fight the f'n Fed. There goes that 259 wall.
oldarmy1
AG
CX volume flash on $2
jj9000
AG
About 5 minutes until the bottom falls out of this thing.
deadbq03
AG
BB675 said:

What's up with ROKU?
Looks like they took out more debt two days ago.

Or maybe they're just frontrunners of broader market... they started their plunge on 2/14, about a week earlier than market, and their level two days ago was very nearly a Model T off their price before the plunge.
deadbq03
AG
HSEAG13
Sasol too cheap to ignore at their pricepoint?
Baby Billy
AG
jj9000 said:

Just like it did on tuesday?
khaos288
AG
jj9000 said:

Not if I buy puts!
khaos288
AG
khaos288 said:

jj9000 said:

Not if I buy puts!
fightintxag13
AG
What just happened??
McInnis 03
AG
holy hell what just ahppened. Rocketship
La Bamba
AG
Boom! Rebalancing? AAPL AMZN rocket
jj9000
AG
khaos288 said:

jj9000 said:

Not if I buy puts!
Right on time.

Every. single. time.
AgShaun00
AG
La Bamba said:

Don't fight the f'n Fed. There goes that 259 wall.
YUGE volume to break it
khaos288
AG
You guys want my paypal or what?

mmGang
AggieKeith15
AG
Texags at it again! Keep it up fellow whales!
aeroag14
AG
BOOOM! I bought like 2 mins before it sky rocketed!!
McInnis 03
AG
That was just OA getting back into the stocks. All the stocks.
Carlo4
AG
McInnis 03 said:

That was just OA getting back into the stocks. All the stocks.
azul_rain
i hate this game
TheVarian
AG
Alright, first time post in here, but Joining the gang in purchasing some stocks.

LADR and Cemex. Not much, but you gotta start somewhere. Love reading this and have wanted to do this for some time. Figured might as well pull the trigger

ETA: still no idea what I'm doing
OverSeas AG
AG
Every knee shall bow and every tongue shall confess
First Page Last Page
Page 1205 of 6379

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.