Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

21,523,798 Views | 223308 Replies | Last: 24 min ago by farmerjoe
Baby Billy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Harkrider 93
AG
hedge_zer0 said:

Thankyou for explaining it to me, i have a hard time keeping up with most of y'alls jargon. im just a dumb 24 year old
I don't know if you can do this, but if you click on OA's profile, you can see all of his posts. Between today and 3 weeks ago, he posted about the Model T with a picture.

That may help. Maybe even google it, but when I tried quickly, I couldn't really find one that helped me understand it to the degree I wanted. I also don't like reading lots of paragraphs, so they are likely helpful to those who are patient.
Harkrider 93
AG
La Bamba said:

So Model T question - is the 50% retracement more common occurrence than the 38.2% retracement? Would it be a prudent move to set a stop loss on the 38.2% once we pass through it in case it doesn't get all the way to the 50% before selling off in a major way? Or is that not how it works?
I asked this question and OA said Model T was much more accurate.

I trusted him and didn't ask anyone else or research it.
ProgN
hedge_zer0 said:

Thankyou for explaining it to me, i have a hard time keeping up with most of y'alls jargon. im just a dumb 24 year old

This 2 minutes will make you feel better bruh.
azul_rain
AgShaun00
AG
gougler08 said:

AgShaun00 said:

impact of this?

Oil -5.02% fell as the U.S. cancelled its plan to buy oil for the Strategic Petroleum Reserve.

When did that happen?
It was in a commentary I received as an end of day summary
ProgN
Remember when I posted that Manic said if TLRY closed over $5 it would run? It closed over $5 yesterday, yeah good times. Should have listened.
ProgN
McInnis 03
AG
Carlo4 said:

Anyone watch this guy:

Scenario 1 - bull market rally ends between 2720 and 2800. Would be the model T being discussed here.
Scenario 2 - bull market rally ends around 2635... so today!

This video was done a few hours before close.

I like this guy's presentation. Thanks for posting.
CuriousAg
hedge_zer0 said:

So which one are you?!
gig em 02
Prognightmare said:

Remember when I posted that Manic said if TLRY closed over $5 it would run? It closed over $5 yesterday, yeah good times. Should have listened.

.9 to 3.9, keep em comin! Today was one of those days where I just kept winning and wanted to take a huge shot, I play very small positions so it gets hard to stay conservative but one day I'll be Irish level.
azul_rain
A combination of both
MOCO9
AG
I bought BXMT (Blackstone Mortgage Trust) today at $23.46/share and now I'm worried this was a mistake... Hope it has another run in it...
HustlerAggie
Harkrider 93 said:

hedge_zer0 said:

I don't know if you can do this, but if you click on OA's profile, you can see all of his posts. Between today and 3 weeks ago, he posted about the Model T with a picture.

That may help. Maybe even google it, but when I tried quickly, I couldn't really find one that helped me understand it to the degree I wanted. I also don't like reading lots of paragraphs, so they are likely helpful to those who are patient.
Excellent suggestion. I just clicked his profile and spent 20 minutes reading things he says and learned a lot.

Direct link: https://texags.com/account/profile/76890

You don't have to click through to every post on the actual board, you can click the little downward pointing arrow and it reveals each post for you to read.
Hustle Harder
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Touchless said:

hedge_zer0 said:

in layman's terms ?
I literally asked this earlier today as it's discussed a lot around here and I was just wanting to know the math. From my understanding, the Spy high was at $339.08 and the low from recently was $218.26. That's a decrease of $120.82. Divide that by 2 to get $60.41. Add the $60.41 to the low of $218.26 and you get $278.67.

$279 is has been mentioned as the top of the Model T so, in theory it should approach that mark and then retrace quickly back towards the lows. Likely within the next week or two.

That's just my understanding of the math of it. I'm not smart enough to say that's right or wrong, but OA seems to swear by it.

Someone correct me if that is wrong.
Okay I've been trying to avoid asking dumb questions but I'm gonna go ahead and ask this one because it got so many stars. I didn't think the bolded part was the model T, I thought it could go either way, but the idea of Model T was just that it was always going to revisit that halfway point, who knows what happens after that.* No?

*preferably down to fill that 230 gap for a hot minute...tomorrow or Monday but most likely tuesday after my put expires
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Prognightmare said:

AgShaun00 said:

impact of this?

Oil -5.02% fell as the U.S. cancelled its plan to buy oil for the Strategic Petroleum Reserve.

I believe that the dems put into the stimulus bill a provision that Trump wasn't allowed to make that purchase. I'm busy and can't research it but it's something I've run across.
TD Ameritrade must have called Pelosi and let her know that I was loaded up on UWT
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Hey all you aholes bragging that you just started investing this week: The first one's free :p
gig em 02
oldarmy1 said:

Harkrider 93 said:

For the you and others asking on should I sell and capture profit:

OldArmy can correct me, but the reason why he has been so successful is that he follows the rules he made. Once the stock hits his target (model T, etc) he sells.

You need to do the same. If you try to use gut/emotion for every buy and sell, you will likely do worse than following the rules.

I don't know what I am talking about right now. I am working on building rules for myself.

Amen. I can't tell you how many times you see "I should have sold" in this profession.

Prices move up and down. When a target is reached you follow the discipline and don't care about further action. Amazing how many times those continuation pushes fall hard and you're left saying "what was I thinking?!".
I've found that a set of rules for entering a position has been just as helpful for me. I don't buy if I can't buy at least 2 contracts under my threshold, so that if it goes big I can go net free and ride the other a little longer. My threshold is low so that means I miss out on bigger plays because I don't have the stomach or the account for it. This also means I am not usually looking for a 30% or even 40% return, even the phrase "this could be a double" is limiting for me, so I usually don't buy. These rules may be terrible in the long run but I am not broke yet!
Harkrider 93
AG
Love your username but hustler to my age group likely means something different than you are meaning.

I hope not!

Would love it more if you lived in the Puryer (sp?) dorms.
Touchless
AG
NRD09 said:

Touchless said:

hedge_zer0 said:

in layman's terms ?
I literally asked this earlier today as it's discussed a lot around here and I was just wanting to know the math. From my understanding, the Spy high was at $339.08 and the low from recently was $218.26. That's a decrease of $120.82. Divide that by 2 to get $60.41. Add the $60.41 to the low of $218.26 and you get $278.67.

$279 is has been mentioned as the top of the Model T so, in theory it should approach that mark and then retrace quickly back towards the lows. Likely within the next week or two.

That's just my understanding of the math of it. I'm not smart enough to say that's right or wrong, but OA seems to swear by it.

Someone correct me if that is wrong.
Okay I've been trying to avoid asking dumb questions but I'm gonna go ahead and ask this one because it got so many stars. I didn't think the bolded part was the model T, I thought it could go either way, but the idea of Model T was just that it was always going to revisit that halfway point, who knows what happens after that.* No?

*preferably down to fill that 230 gap for a hot minute...tomorrow or Monday but most likely tuesday after my put expires
I'm not the best to answer as I'm not sure how the math works on when to anticipate the downward side. I got the math to figure out how you calculate the initial 50% reversal, but I don't know where the second bottom would be.

I also don't know what point the the Model T becomes 'triggered' which is some point below the 50%.
oldarmy1
AG
At least it's Jimbo talk and not that other guy from Cajun Country.

Errbody grab ya sum ergegegege and less ride!
lb3
AG
AggiePeeps06
AG
News: US now leads the world in coronavirus case count

Market: RALLY UP!
tam2002
AG
Trump again just mentioned on helping out the cruise lines. I want to get back in on RCL but I'm still convinced it's gonna find the 20s again. Am I crazy to think that?
12thMan86
AG
Carlo4 said:

Anyone watch this guy:

Scenario 1 - bull market rally ends between 2720 and 2800. Would be the model T being discussed here.
Scenario 2 - bull market rally ends around 2635... so today!

This video was done a few hours before close.

Like his analysis. Are his vids free?
Jevertson
AG
Am I crazy to think cruises will take a looooooong time to rebound if at all. It's one thing to jump on an airplane after this is all over and feel generally good about it. It's another to get on a boat for a week with nowhere to go and the fear of being possibly quarantined 30 days. Flight is also a necessity on many levels whereas cruises are not... my 2 cents
thirdcoast
AG
Yes, youtube "game of trades" subscribe.

Like most of us he thought COVID wasn't as big a deal, if you look at his vid 3 days ago. He did call this bull trap, but looks like he is not totally confident on the top.....
McInnis 03
AG
Welcome back bulls!!!

Bocephus
AG
Sold PENN at 15.25 then bought again at 13
Talon2DSO
AG
I'm waiting for it to get below $10 again...at least that's my hope in the next week or so
Bocephus
AG
Gonna try to sell at 15 tomorrow. We will see what the weekend brings
khaos288
AG
Holy cow. How insane.

Lockdown in effect still. No treatment. No cure. Daily news of full hospitals.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
Someone on here posted daily changes in ownership for an index, I think either S&P or Dow, divided by institutional investors, individual investors, etc. The takeaway was that at the time individuals were buying the dip but institutional investors were still selling. It would be interesting to see that over this week. Can whoever posted that post more of the charts or even where that data is located?
OverSeas AG
AG
Every knee shall bow and every tongue shall confess
Grown Pear
AG
Bob Knights Liver said:

Someone on here posted daily changes in ownership for an index, I think either S&P or Dow, divided by institutional investors, individual investors, etc. The takeaway was that at the time individuals were buying the dip but institutional investors were still selling. It would be interesting to see that over this week. Can whoever posted that post more of the charts or even where that data is located?
This would be fascinating to see and track.

I am also so curious how "the market" has changed - when you factor in the big money institutional investors, fed decision-making (recent decades vs past), and the computer-based algorithmic trading. Can we really compare apples to apples now vs. the 1980's vs the 1930's? Heck, just throw in the ability we as individual investors have now with computers and apps to trade vs. 20 years ago
First Page Last Page
Page 1207 of 6381

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.