Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

22,106,847 Views | 224617 Replies | Last: 52 min ago by bmoochie
docaggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
So, mine is structured weird, where I have half in Empower and half in TDA.
The empower portion I didn't touch.
My TDA 403B is all cash, pulled out before the big dip. I'll push it all back in soon. Waiting to see if we go down to 2350 or below.
My TDA 401k was about half cash, though I've been buying as things go down. Didn't expect even cheaper deals. My current woe is there's so much I want to buy and not enough cash!
My accounts will see red in the short term as a result, but I'm 43. This is an opportunity for my retirement accounts.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
azul_rain
Best stocks to buy and hold for right now ? No airline
YouBet
AG
PneumAg said:

YouBet said:

Fitch said:

One of the EVP's in our shop close to retirement pulled out and went all cash Wednesday last week. I'm in early 30's and haven't sold anything in my portfolio. Last couple days have been a painful learning experience.
You are early 30's. Your learning experience will be that it was smart not to sell and stay in this.

I dunno dude. I'm 32. Been in the market since I was 24 and have obviously never seen anything like this. Between 401k, Roth IRA, and TD Ameritrade account, I've lost over $200,000 in the last 7 days. Fortunately I keep quite a bit in cash and also a decent amount in real estate, plus I hit some good shorts yesterday, today, and hopefully tomorrow.....but damn. I don't see how you can say it's good for me to be in right now having only really significantly gotten in during the last 8 years.
Because your investment horizon is decades. I went through the mild recession in 2000 and then the major recession in 2008. I made 40% coming out of 2008 because I kept investing all through that mess. You are buying low. Don't give into the fear. Even if this takes several years to get out of you are fine.

You only see me question it because I'm a little older and it's a little more close to home because of that. My mix is more conservative than yours (or should be), but I've lost more than you and while it's stomach churning I still have at least 10-15 years left.
leoj
AG
Boat Shoes
AG
Sophie Gregoire Trudeau, wife of Canada PM Justin Trudeau, tests positive for coronavirus
ProgN
gougler08
AG
Futures bright red so far...wouldn't mind OA's green prophecy coming true overnight
Boat Shoes
AG
leoj
AG
Lol. Amazing
YouBet
AG
Boat Shoes said:

What a world.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
OverSeas AG said:

My one large position has beaten the crap out of me... and has lost 50% in 3 weeks. 1) I am thankful I got rid of the 1/2 that I got rid of when I did. 2) I am very unhappy that I left that thing hanging around my neck now... and it is down 50%. I should have gotten rid of the entire damned thing. (Shoulda, woulda, coulda...). Not sure what to do about it now, but think that someone might come in and buy it the company and maybe that will help. Pays a good dividend.

So what's this position?
RebAg13
McInnis 03
AG
Based on pictures I'm seeing, Kroger, Costco, and other grocers may be reporting phenomenal Q1 results
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
ETH - Extended Trading Hours --- RTH - Regular Trading Hours
ORH - Opening Range (1st 30min) High --- ORL - Opening Range Low
R1, R2, R3 - Resistance 1, 2, or 3 --- S1, S2, S3 - Support 1, 2 or 3
FriscoKid
AG
Boat Shoes said:

I figured it was someone like that when he did it. Not a good sign.
FriscoKid
AG
Why is the treasury sec calling a network news station in a panic??? Let the free market do what it's going to do.
claym711
AG
PPT. All guns blazing. Calling news anchors trying to get retail to buy. Even the Fed with trillions in pump today couldn't turn the market.
the last of the bohemians
Perfect storm for online gaming- biggest demographic - college kids- have more time now, high schools are closed for a few weeks, no sports on TV , and of course bored adults.
ProgN
FriscoKid said:

Why is the treasury sec calling a network news station in a panic??? Let the free market do what it's going to do.
I believe they worked together at Goldman Sachs a long time ago.
"Someday and that day may never come, I'll call upon you for a service ". . So Cramer answered
Boat Shoes
AG
the last of the bohemians said:

Perfect storm for online gaming- biggest demographic - college kids- have more time now, high schools are closed for a few weeks, no sports on TV , and of course bored adults.

Hell im an adult and will need something to do. What games do you recommend?
riley290
AG
Made a commitment in 2018 that I am young (mid 30's), have a salary that is good and my job is essentially recession proof so I was willing to risk a significant portion of my portfolio (40%) in higher risk moves in order to try to become financially independent. 60% of my portfolio is cash right now and 40% remains in short positions until next week when I'll exit and sit on cash until the VIX calms down and then I will be long.

Since my July 2018 decision I am up 8,600% in my portfolio (mostly calls but quite a bit of futures trading as well) and I am up 2,300% since Feb 16 (puts on SPY, TQQQ, RCL, WWE, LVS, WYNN since that time). I was playing XOM short since May 2019 which has paid well.

Exiting most of my short positions next week and will then start to enter long LEAP calls on tech stocks for 2022 expiry starting this summer. Every time I hit $250k profit in my options account it gets shunted to cash/long ETF positions. If my current puts pay off I will hit my retirement number.

The CBOE is the greatest wealth generator ever invented and the investment community is willfully keeping regular joe from participating and learning how it works, I studied how options work as hard as I studied for medical school and it has paid off many times over for me.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Oh I was indirectly thinking about MSFT probably weathering this storm pretty easily
GasPasser97
AG
Posted this in a separate thread:

I have SEP/401K retirement accounts in index funds.

80% equities, 20% fixed income

Any thoughts on going 100% equities now, then back to 80/20 in several months?

Roughly 15 years from retirement
claym711
AG
Jesus Christ. Bravo!
moses1084ever
AG
Quote:

I haven't been a gamer in nearly a decade. Any names/tickers?

mm98
AG
MF Barnes???
YouBet
AG
riley290 said:

Made a commitment in 2018 that I am young (mid 30's), have a salary that is good and my job is essentially recession proof so I was willing to risk a significant portion of my portfolio (40%) in higher risk moves in order to try to become financially independent. 60% of my portfolio is cash right now and 40% remains in short positions until next week when I'll exit and sit on cash until the VIX calms down and then I will be long.

Since my July 2018 decision I am up 8,600% in my portfolio (mostly calls but quite a bit of futures trading as well) and I am up 2,300% since Feb 16 (puts on SPY, TQQQ, RCL, WWE, LVS, WYNN since that time). I was playing XOM short since May 2019 which has paid well.

Exiting most of my short positions next week and will then start to enter long LEAP calls on tech stocks for 2022 expiry starting this summer. Every time I hit $250k profit in my options account it gets shunted to cash/long ETF positions. If my current puts pay off I will hit my retirement number.

The CBOE is the greatest wealth generator ever invented and the investment community is willfully keeping regular joe from participating and learning how it works, I studied how options work as hard as I studied for medical school and it has paid off many times over for me.
1. F^ck you.
2. I only halfway understand what you are talking about and I'm probably in the top 1% of people that understands investing....which is scary.
3. Congratulations.
4. F^ck you.
riley290
AG
Since my inbox has a lot of messages. My next play is VIX puts for September 45 strike and November 30 strike. It is literally free money right now to get a put on VIX for any time period after June and less than $55 strike.

Disclaimer: I am not your investment advisor and I take no responsibility nor claim no expertise on this, do your own research and make your own decisions. I am willing to lose every cent on every option trade I make, it is not a stock and the value is literally $0 if you make a bad bet and don't exit early. That being said, there is a safe and smart way to play options and it will grow your wealth faster than any stock investment you can make.
EngrAg14
AG
Post removed:
by user
Boat Shoes
AG
riley290 said:

Since my inbox has a lot of messages. My next play is VIX puts for September 45 strike and November 30 strike. It is literally free money right now to get a put on VIX for any time period after June and less than $55 strike.

Disclaimer: I am not your investment advisor and I take no responsibility nor claim no expertise on this, do your own research and make your own decisions. I am willing to lose every cent on every option trade I make, it is not a stock and the value is literally $0 if you make a bad bet and don't exit early. That being said, there is a safe and smart way to play options and it will grow your wealth faster than any stock investment you can make.

And how are you trading the VIX?
leoj
AG
Wow, congrats

New call of duty is fun, as is apex. Both shooting games, Apex is free to play and the new cod game mode might be?
riley290
AG
the amount of halts we've seen on futures and circuit breakers during open hours is insane. I have not been in the game very long but the volatility right now is out of control. Until the virus calms down and the extent of the affect is known I think the rollercoaster continues.

I'm the inpatient medical director of a hospital in a southeastern city, I'll let everyone know when I think we're nearing the end of the uncertainty cause I feel like the market will snap back once that is known. The fed here and around the world as well as the executive and legislative departments around the world are preparing unseen relief and stimulus packages which will have a long term affects to the world economy over a discreet and finite event. The virus will likely be old news by 2022 but the policies being put in place won't be so I suspect there will be a rocket ship to ride once the uncertainty calms down. If the oil market uncertainty calms at a similar time frame hopefully people can get back to work and make this thing take off quickly.
riley290
AG
thinkorswim through TD Ameritrade, some people will try to trade VXX or UVXY but you have to know about backwardation and contango on the vix and monitor multiple futures markets so that is something I don't have enough understanding of to put 6 figures on.

Disclaimer: people are getting too excited about this. What I did was gambling and your financial advisor will tell you as much, i'm just very excited about it and probably should tone it down some. But if you ask your FA if they wish they could trade options unrestricted from the SEC they'd all be licking their chops cause they know. options trading smartly is a financial tool that is risky but I believe should be much more exploited by everyone as part of their portfolio. If you're willing to risk a small portion and are smart and set good entry and exit rules it is a significant wealth building tool.

How I got into this was noticing that congressman have to publish their investments on a regular basis and I noticed almost all of them are heavily in options. I also read from multiple sources that they outperform essentially every index or trader due to the inside information they have, when I looked into it I I noticed it was true they absolutely destroy on their options trades. So I started learning options...
riley290
AG
I will definitely make no claims of being cool. I'm kind of a loser, I live alone and have never been married and likely won't be and am pretty boring. If you're east of Texas and on the gulf shore shoot me a message if you want to play golf and you can see its true.
First Page Last Page
Page 1097 of 6418

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.