Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

22,100,721 Views | 224562 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by jagvocate
oldarmy1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
We're down here and going to retest. Economics aren't in control with technical for now
Talon2DSO
AG
Sell the 305c???
claym711
AG
PPT will likely come in near the close today if we are down.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Got in on DIS at $110.75.
gougler08
AG
Anyone costing down on CVET? Seems like a $3 drop in a couple days after strong earnings means its way oversold right now
IrishTxAggie
AG
SDC 3/20 7.5C. 101K $1.10

Know a lot of y'all tinker with this. First time I've seen any flow to it in awhile
UpstateAg
AG
PLAN has taken almost a 50% haircut in the last month or so. Wow. I'm sitting on the sidelines minus a few long term (5+ year) positions.
mrad85
AG
Come on. Somebody prime the pump today. We need to get this pipeline filled back up.
IrishTxAggie
AG
OPEC ends with no deal. Oil getting destroyed. Russia most likely the lead culprit
FriscoKid
AG
Prognightmare said:

I won't be surprised if we go positive today

No way I'm taking a long position here. No way at all.
oldarmy1
AG
CVET moving
oldarmy1
AG
Prognightmare said:

We may get that "flush" at the open that we're looking for, right OA.
We dropped but SPX above 2930 is the key mark. Quick push back above. We have a gap at 3000 now. There are no downside gaps within 1000 points so nothing on that side to measure. The great unkown if we fail.
oldarmy1
AG
FriscoKid said:

Prognightmare said:

Great time for straddles, spreads and such. Look at ADBE. It well have 50 point directional move on either a failure or a rebound. Inflection points are when option combos are THE THING
TXAG14
In at .65 XOM APR 17 37.5 PUT
McInnis 03
AG
The mouse, the mouse is on the move!
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
ETH - Extended Trading Hours --- RTH - Regular Trading Hours
ORH - Opening Range (1st 30min) High --- ORL - Opening Range Low
R1, R2, R3 - Resistance 1, 2, or 3 --- S1, S2, S3 - Support 1, 2 or 3
Trolley Problems
oldarmy1 said:

FriscoKid said:

Prognightmare said:

Great time for straddles, spreads and such. Look at ADBE. It well have 50 point directional move on either a failure or a rebound. Inflection points are when option combos are THE THING

Need to do some reading on that type of options trading. I still don't fully understand the strategy.
Bonfire1996
AG
Went long VLO about 10 mins after open. 6.5% div yield!
McInnis 03
AG
Oof, seems TDA doesn't let me do Call spreads in the IRA.....this is handcuffing.
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
leoj
AG
Trolley Problems said:

oldarmy1 said:

FriscoKid said:

Prognightmare said:

Need to do some reading on that type of options trading. I still don't fully understand the strategy.

Tasty trade is great for this, they have videos for all types of combo strategies.
aggiedaniel06
AG
This market is a trader's wildest dream come true! Hello volatility my old freind.

IrishTxAggie
AG
TXAG14 said:

In at .65 XOM APR 17 37.5 PUT
If these go ITM, the economy is gonna be in deep *****
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
NRD09 said:

gougler08 said:

I'm very confused on CVET after the earnings they posted 2 days ago
wow looks primed for a sharp correction this afternoon or maybe tomorrow. Might pick up $10 calls when it starts to flatten out (or before close if it it doesn't)
wish I'd done this
oldarmy1
AG
Long tail forming on macro markets. Hold or rise and that chart will invite some buyers. But I still say continue the spreads on SPY near end of day until this Corona crap is settled.
oldarmy1
AG
CVET shook for a longer run up. It's pure evil by institutions but its what they do.
jmcfar_98
AG
claym711 said:

gig em 02 said:

claym711 said:

A lot of bravado about that "Biden bounce"

Yup and obviously 9/11 didn't have any impact on the market either since the market is higher than it was on 9/10. The idea that news and human psychology play no role in daily market movements is asinine.

I nailed the engineer part didn't I? Must have been my charts telling me that.

No, I'm not an engineer or TA trader. I am a quant trader and do my best to remove emotion from positions, so you're right in that regard.
Since your a quant trader do you follow Keith McCullough at Hedgeye? Just curious he's a huge quant guy.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
george1992 said:

Whitetail said:

george1992 said:

I'm going to put you guys, gals and in-betweens onto a stock that has made me a lot of money. It is Texas Pacific Land Trust. I'm part of a group that owns around 10% of the company. It trades under TPL. There is a lot of articles on the going ons lately for this company (considering converting to a c-corp, big fight over a trustee position etc). Things have settled down and our group has a representative on the Conversion Committee and that same person will likely be a board member once the company converts to a C corporation.

There is a lot of upside potential in this stock. It has traded as high as $915 recently and is currently trading around $620. There was a bad earnings report Q2 as a result of excessive legal fees. The majority of those fees are now gone and all lawsuits have been settled. The Q3 report was much better and now the stock appears to be back on a upward swing. I think it could hit $900 per share and then $2000 per share at the end of next year. At that point we will diversify away from this holding but still maintain a large position because we feel it can go much higher.

You can find some quick background on this company here:

http://www.tpltrust.com/

There is also a blog that keeps track of the comings and goings with the trust:

https://tpltblog.com/

It is a very lightly traded stock and the price of oil does affect the price of the stock. But its not an operating company is very different from the other mineral trusts out there. They have a water company, own a ton of land and most of the mineral interests of the trust have yet to be tapped.

22% run since this post...
TPL continues to climb. Its at 800 so far today. Up 29% since my original post. I'm thinking it will hit $900 before it finds a resting spot until the next earnings release.
TPL increased dividend to $10, declared special dividend of $6. Eases the sting a bit
Trolley Problems
leoj said:

Trolley Problems said:

oldarmy1 said:

FriscoKid said:

Prognightmare said:

Tasty trade is great for this, they have videos for all types of combo strategies.

Thanks. Being a newb on spreads, I guess I'm having trouble seeing what's the best strategy in this market.
McInnis 03
AG
The Illustrations and explanations at Options Brohelp me to keep things straight.

B&I Key:
Whitetail
AG
I'm still holding because of their water rights.
59 South
AG
oldarmy1 said:

Prognightmare said:

We may get that "flush" at the open that we're looking for, right OA.
We dropped but SPX above 2930 is the key mark. Quick push back above. We have a gap at 3000 now. There are no downside gaps within 1000 points so nothing on that side to measure. The great unkown if we fail.

There's a small one at 2718...
Trolley Problems
McInnis 03 said:

The Illustrations and explanations at Options Brohelp me to keep things straight.

That is super helpful with how the math works, thanks. I'm a visual guy. Just need to read more about how and when to employ them.
khkman22
AG
McInnis 03 said:

Oof, seems TDA doesn't let me do Call spreads in the IRA.....this is handcuffing.
I think you need higher than Level 2 to sell naked calls and I don't think IRAs allow you to be Level 3 or 4. It's not a TDA limitation.
oldarmy1
AG
RUBI/TLRA moved below 50 DMA. Be slow to accumulate as RUBI it could see $8's which puts TLRA in low $9's or below. If you went net free just sit on it. I will likely sell a lot of April naked $7.50 Puts once RUBI comes under $9.

Ebbs and flows of hard runners.
McInnis 03
AG
khkman22 said:

McInnis 03 said:

I think you need higher than Level 2 to sell naked calls and I don't think IRAs allow you to be Level 3 or 4. It's not a TDA limitation.
Yeah, it appears that you can't do a naked call of any type, even if you're synthetically good on it due to timelines and strikes due to the potential for an early exercised option.

I can do all the put action I want but this limits the ability to capitalize on high IV I think.

B&I Key:
McInnis 03
AG
oldarmy1 said:

RUBI/TLRA moved below 50 DMA. Be slow to accumulate as RUBI it could see $8's which puts TLRA in low $9's or below. If you went net free just sit on it. I will likely sell a lot of April naked $7.50 Puts once RUBI comes under $9.

Ebbs and flows of hard runners.
Remind me the relations, is TLRA = 1.08 x RUBI?

B&I Key:
First Page Last Page
Page 1059 of 6417

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.