Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

21,521,926 Views | 223304 Replies | Last: 3 hrs ago by ProgN
ProgN
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I know. I've only read a few pages and never commented on it. The hysteria of some people is too much to take.
thirdcoast
AG
Quest diagnostics DGX about to sell a bunch of COVID-19 tests/services...

https://newsroom.questdiagnostics.com/2020-03-05-Quest-Diagnostics-to-Launch-Coronavirus-Disease-2019-COVID-19-Test
Brewmaster
AG
punching through all time highs after hours it looks like! wish I owned some.

IBIO is an interesting one as well - they're working on a vaccine, they even have a facility here in Aggieland. They built it in 2010 with the sole purpose of a fast vaccine (FastPharming, their term), with funding from DARPA (part of the defense department).

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/ibio-cc-pharming-initiate-joint-211510278.html
Brewmaster
AG
The last time DIS was this cheap... it went on a tear to 141 in 5 weeks. Granted it started that tear at 107 (and disney plus I think was the catalyst). That was 11 months ago

After 107, you have to go all the way back to 2016 to get to $90. I know covid is scaring investors, but dayum that's a long way to fall! and will be a heck of a bargain.

and on ROKU, what happened to the, "We're all going to be avoiding the zombie apocalypse by watching tv and using our roku devices?"
59 South
AG
This thread has taken quite the emotional turn. Not a good look for traders.

Also, where tf did all the engineer hate come from across the board? I bet a large % on here have a technical background.
GreasenUSA
AG
59 South said:

This thread has taken quite the emotional turn. Not a good look for traders.

Also, where tf did all the engineer hate come from across the board? I bet a large % on here have a technical background.
None of what you just said is true.
59 South
AG
Prove it Nancy!
oldarmy1
AG
Futures -31. On pace for retest that has to happen.
gig em 02
thirdcoast said:

Quest diagnostics DGX about to sell a bunch of COVID-19 tests/services...

https://newsroom.questdiagnostics.com/2020-03-05-Quest-Diagnostics-to-Launch-Coronavirus-Disease-2019-COVID-19-Test

Bought the Aug 120C for $1.43 and sold for $5.79 today, never settle for the 4x
moses1084ever
AG
Bought a June crude (/CL) 46 put @ 3.69
claym711
AG
Fair requests.

I usually only frequent the thread when things are getting interesting to bounce thoughts and gauge sentiment. Day to say I run a long short low frequency systematic strategy In futures with trade duration avg around 120mins. I'm 60/40 long short over the past 2 years.

I've only made suggestions here when I have high confidence in a more macro move that this thread trades and it looks like no one is quite ready for that direction, which is usually short.

I'll share some intraday high probability set ups when I can.
the last of the bohemians
Which companies thrive if people are sheltered for a month?
Netflix subscriptions?
Video games?
And is also a good company once this passes?
badharambe
AG
Thanks for recently following me! (I think it was just the hat)

Here's my thoughts as of last Saturday on this week.

They have slightly changed as the week has gone on. I believe we are at this level in 1998-esque trading. I wasn't double digits years old then but understand there was a financial crisis in Russia. Imo, the extreme responses of the governments to prevent the spread of COVID (By shutting down cities) could be far more detrimental than Russia financial crisis.

My thoughts have been developing all week and agree that we test lows tomorrow.

No idea if we are in "98" or "00" tho.
moses1084ever
AG
Quote:

Netflix subscriptions?
Video games?

Any kind of entertainment... ROKU?
E-commerce
Last mile logistics companies... delivering stuff that people would normally pick up themselves

What do you do when you get bored?
Watch TV
Listen to music
Play games.. card games, board games, video games
Gamble
Read
Cook
Drink
Have s*x

There are mini baby booms that coincide with people getting snowed into homes. Covid-19 baby boom? Some evidence to support idea:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2515967/Record-winter-snowfall-sparked-biggest-baby-boom-20-years-months-later-couples-got-close-beat-big-freeze.html
Brewmaster
AG
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8076395/Leading-doctor-claims-coronavirus-isnt-deadly-feared-death-rate-1.html

Harvard doctor was quoted in this article above... Doesn't sound any worse than an influenza outbreak!

moses1084ever
AG
Sold my June crude 46 put at 4.44. Big red candle down while I was at dinner, decided to get out. Left some cash on the table. Oh well.
ProgN
We may get that "flush" at the open that we're looking for, right OA.
gig em 02
the last of the bohemians said:

Netflix subscriptions?
Video games?

PTON? I'm not a huge fan long term but this isn't good for gyms
tailgatetimer10
AG
Honestly I think you've been more insightful since the last time I was critical of your posting, for what it's worth.

Since I got on your case before, I feel I should come out and say this as well.
IrishTxAggie
AG
Know some of y'all mentioned travel/tourism stocks and going long.
Carlo4
AG
Thanks for sharing. I have them saved to get in once the dust settles to go long for retirement portfolio. No clue when that is, but not this week.
El Chupacabra
Can someone explain what the complete collapse in the 10 and 30 year rates means for stocks?
khaos288
AG
Sold my 298 puts yesterday
12thMan86
AG
IF we get a flush to 2850 today, I have a 50 wide butterfly I put on for a BUCK two days ago. I've got a limit order at 35 as I'm on a plane till 9. Turn $100 into $5000? We shall see. Sometimes I don't close these until late in the day for a pin!
oldarmy1
AG
khaos288 said:

Sold my 298 puts yesterday

Buy a call side for a cheaper spread with 1 day expiration to stay in the game.

Spreads continue to be the big winners. Total for a spread $4000-$4200. SPY down $10 = $5.80 to $6+ net per share win. Buy shares against $298 Puts would be $7/share profit.
IrishTxAggie
AG
Whoa!! 100K beat on jobs!
HoustonAg2014
AG
Someone will find a way to turn this into something negative.

Great news btw.
WestTexAg12
AG
IrishTxAggie said:

Whoa!! 100K beat on jobs!

Soo... calls at the open?
"Give me an army of West Point graduates and I'll win a battle. Give me a handful of Texas Aggies, and I'll win the war.”
- General George S. Patton
ProgN
I won't be surprised if we go positive today
ProgN
I'm looking at calls
oldarmy1
AG
Anyone watching the minute chart on SPY:? That was weiredly crazy. Popped to $293.50 and then went a full 6 seconds without a trade. No buyers at all so the sellers quickly took it back below $293. Either a shakeout or this will melt.
IrishTxAggie
AG
With this morning gap down, today's value is to the upside I think. Shorting after a 3% gap down just doesn't seem like the value. Remember what happened last Friday the end of the day.
McInnis 03
AG
Futures did NOTHING on that jobs report. Bears are in full swing right now, before a weekend, USA is getting virus action at higher levels, today doesn't smell good from an emotional standpoint. People may want to hold some cash over the weekend, may be a good day for me to start learning how to apply the vertical spreads with a bearish mentality.
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
ETH - Extended Trading Hours --- RTH - Regular Trading Hours
ORH - Opening Range (1st 30min) High --- ORL - Opening Range Low
R1, R2, R3 - Resistance 1, 2, or 3 --- S1, S2, S3 - Support 1, 2 or 3
moses1084ever
AG
Quote:

Can someone explain what the complete collapse in the 10 and 30 year rates means for stocks?

Something wicked this way comes.
claym711
AG
Plan is scalp open long if there's a surge. Then short to below the AH low. Short pending some post open stats

If surge down at open, limit down rules may come into play today.
First Page Last Page
Page 1058 of 6381

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.