Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

22,088,670 Views | 224479 Replies | Last: 10 min ago by sts7049
IrishTxAggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
It is at a 5yr low... But I'm not sure the travel/tourism stocks are done getting their teeth kicked in yet.
Barty Dont Hedge
DIS Has had better days....
claym711
AG
A lot of bravado about that "Biden bounce"
Post removed:
by user
Hendrix
AG
thump
Cromagnum
AG
Barty said:

DIS Has had better days....

Yep. I got in in the 113s today finally.
IrishTxAggie
AG
claym711 said:

Jesus Christ you're insufferable. We're still over 1300 points off of last weeks lows on the 28th..
ranchag04
AG
IrishTxAggie said:

claym711 said:

Jesus Christ you're insufferable. We're still over 1300 points off of last weeks lows.

I wouldn't pay attention to that ********...he's more suited for Stocktwits.
Post removed:
by user
IrishTxAggie
AG
jayelbee said:

I mean, that's only ~2% and almost every trading day in the last 2 weeks has had a trade range of twice that. With the way things are going we could blow past those lows tomorrow or be back up at 3150
Precisely! Then why try to take a victory lap? Anyone that thinks the Biden's primary win and complete flip of the Eastern states in a matter of two days didn't play into yesterday's market reaction is lying to themselves.
IrishTxAggie
AG
ProgN
Jack sucks
ryanhnc10
AG
IrishTxAggie said:

A lot of companies should just go ahead and do this and get it out of the way.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Just jumped in on DIS.
Post removed:
by user
gig em 02
claym711 said:

Yup and obviously 9/11 didn't have any impact on the market either since the market is higher than it was on 9/10. The idea that news and human psychology play no role in daily market movements is asinine.

I nailed the engineer part didn't I? Must have been my charts telling me that.
ProgN
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Just jumped in on DIS.

I like DIS down here. It might set a new 52 week low but will bounce back when this virus nonsense plays out.
OverSeas AG
AG
Every knee shall bow and every tongue shall confess
DON'T TREAD ON ME
moses1084ever
AG
I haven't seen any mention of the Fed's recent repo operations. Since September there's been some correlation between the Fed's balance sheet and equity markets.

On the days we had the "Biden Bounce", coincidentally, the Fed had two very large repo operations... even after the 50 bps rate cut. Definitely something funny going on behind the scenes.
ProgN
I'm not worried about that but people will grow tired of selling and when it turns, a company like DIS will rocket off these levels.
YNWA_AG
AG
The FAA is having an agency wide telecon tomorrow about corona so take that for what it's worth.
Bonfire1996
AG
A lot of DIS profit and growth last ten years is from theme parks and movies. Those are two things that are going to get shellacked by COVID 19. I'll buy it post vaccine, but it's got a long way to fall.
claym711
AG
IrishTxAggie said:

claym711 said:

Jesus Christ you're insufferable. We're still over 1300 points off of last weeks lows on the 28th..

This thread is a good oscillator for when to short and long. Euphoria, short. Everyone bitter, long.

Seriously though, what benefit does anyone gain from a bulltard echo chamber?

Oct/nov I said buy any dip in the wake of fed pump and free retail trading.

Jan I said we are going lower. (Same for last Aug)

Last week I called what is currently the bottom, and have said we are going lower. I'm sure we will.
claym711
AG
gig em 02 said:

claym711 said:

Yup and obviously 9/11 didn't have any impact on the market either since the market is higher than it was on 9/10. The idea that news and human psychology play no role in daily market movements is asinine.

I nailed the engineer part didn't I? Must have been my charts telling me that.

No, I'm not an engineer or TA trader. I am a quant trader and do my best to remove emotion from positions, so you're right in that regard.
ProgN
Bonfire1996 said:

A lot of DIS profit and growth last ten years is from theme parks and movies. Those are two things that are going to get shellacked by COVID 19. I'll buy it post vaccine, but it's got a long way to fall.
Define "long way to fall"?
oldarmy1
AG
Prognightmare said:

Bonfire1996 said:

Define "long way to fall"?

Remember I said DIS looks like it's going to do what ROKU did before its crazy run? That was back in the $140's. I think it's happening. And ROKU to $85 area is possible.
ProgN
You see DIS at $85?
YNWA_AG
AG
AmD up almost 5% after hours during their investors days. Lisa Su said she expects no significant impact to Q1 and FY 2020.
jtmoney03
AG
Personally, I think we need the bear thoughts and opinions on this thread, as it helps us all to become better traders. However, your posting style is one that comes off as doom and gloom, with no real advice on what to do. When the going is great, as it has been for a year before last week, you rarely post. When you do, it's basic trading knowledge, like buy the dips on days where we go lower. That isn't helpful here. Calling out shots like I think we go lower, isn't terribly helpful either. I'm not expecting you to post your algos and all your indicators, but your model seems to only care about bear moves. Is that the only time you trade? Not that there is anything wrong with that, just curious. What do you do when the markets are bullish? I've not seen any posted trades or thoughts when it's all euphoria, as you mentioned earlier.

Are you willing to help further the discussion and learning, by maybe posting a trade based on your indicators, or a strategy you are moving to as the market turns red? And what you do or how you handle when it's red and your indicators start turning green?

That's the kind of stuff that goes a long way in learning. We're all at different levels, don't pull the same type of data you're pulling on a daily basis, and may not see what you are seeing. But what's the harm in sharing some of that, for the benefit of those that are here to learn and hopefully make some money along the way with our fellow Ags?

I want to be clear that I'm not attacking, just pointing out what I think is the perception of your posting by some of us here. Not looking for you to post all your trades...just looking for knowledge. Especially since you are more plugged into bearish sentiment when most of us here are bullish.
UpstateAg
AG
The real doom and gloom is found on the politics forum, the thread about the coronavirus. It's unreal. Like a train wreck I cannot take my eyes off of. Everyone knows you go to the outdoors board for real corona discussion.
Hendrix
AG
Prognightmare said:

You see DIS at $85?

will back the truck up
ProgN
UpstateAg said:

The real doom and gloom is found on the politics forum, the thread about the coronavirus. It's unreal. Like a train wreck I cannot take my eyes off of. Everyone knows you go to the outdoors board for real corona discussion.
HoustonAg2014
AG
I've seen Roku estimates to $120+ and Roku estimates now to $85... I am so mind boggled lol. I'm not sure what to think.
Ragoo
AG
Aggiesincebirth said:

I've seen Roku estimates to $120+ and Roku estimates now to $85... I am so mind boggled lol. I'm not sure what to think.
sell the $90 Put, sell the $120 Call.
UpstateAg
AG
That thread. It's real, and it's spectacular
First Page Last Page
Page 1057 of 6414

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.