Business & Investing
Sponsored by

ORIG...a nice, risky oil play

65,985 Views | 398 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by The Wonderer
FriscoKid
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Looking at this chart makes me want to hit the slopes.

Stan Crowch
AG
Just read this thread for the first time...very entertaining
FriscoKid
AG
quote:
Where did you gather that the $5k + $5k was "everything" I wanted to put into play?

Again I've got about $100k to play with by Dec. '15.

So the option play would only be 10%.

this was painful to read.
CapCityAegisAg
quote:
quote:
Where did you gather that the $5k + $5k was "everything" I wanted to put into play?

Again I've got about $100k to play with by Dec. '15.

So the option play would only be 10%.

this was painful to read.
Agreed. Although I have to admit I do kind of miss the exploits of gadget/maysaggie. It did have entertainment value.
IrishTxAggie
AG
I wonder if The BBQ Kid managed to turn $100K into $10K?
FriscoKid
AG
apparently he still has 20K left.

quote:

What you should do (besides purchase $200k worth of ORIG of course) is put the $200k in an index fund. Grow it at 8% a year on average and strongly reconsider your stance on paying off your kids education.

-burnt ends
http://texags.com/forums/57/topics/2647009/replies/43653503
ATM9000
AG
Under a buck!
IrishTxAggie
AG
quote:
Under a buck!
FriscoKid
AG
quote:
Under a buck!
a doe?
oldarmy1
AG
Price target of zero. Ask next time.

http://quotes.freerealtime.com/dl/frt/N?NewsStory=1
IrishTxAggie
AG
aggiedaniel06
AG
The fate of ORIG and all other offshore drilling contractors basically hangs on the pace of oil's recovery. Many still have solid contracts and are also operating profitably. However their stock prices are all down big due to the fact that people are betting that oil prices will stay lower than 60-65 (the price at which producers will again consider giving out long term contracts at decent day rates) for a long enough time to where their current contracts will expire and there will be a whole bunch of brand new rigs with no work. IMO if oil hits 60 by December, orig will be above the $3 mark.
And longer term (2-3 years) once the dust settles, the offshore contractors still standing are at a once in a decade type of bargain. Question is which ones will be the ones still "floating"?
Satellite of Love
First JPLosman with SD
Now Brisket with ORIG....

Who will be the B&I board's next great stock guru?!!???
RangerRick9211
AG
Arson's UGAZ.

I'm sure someone didn't get out of SUNE soon enough.
TriumphForks
AG
Any FTCH veterans in the house?
0708aggie
AG
Don't forget about Third's HDY.
oldarmy1
AG
BTW - A classic historical warning is mass volume on first few days of March. That's when re-balancing by large fund managers is occurring. The large volume draws attention from the day traders which allows the fund manager to dump into the artificial rally that they themselves create.

Put that in your notes on any small stocks you are considering. I call it the "March of death".
ATM9000
AG
The pace matters most for producers. Price matters as much if not more for many of the smaller off shore drillers. The economic rent everyone in oil and gas benefitted from for the last decade or so is gone and it doesn't return at $60 a barrel. Further, I'm not sure price rises as quickly on a run up as fast as it dropped since the market was reminded that all of these supposed iron clad contracts weren't so iron clad after all.
aggiedaniel06
AG
The way I look at it is, at some point once the daily supply numbers fall below demand and we start to have steady draws into the crude stockpiles, drilling activity will ramp up again. Now how much of that happens in the Shale sector v/s Offshore is what remains to be seen. If we see the producers investing more in offshore v/s Shale then I see these many of these offshore drilling contractors coming back strong. But if shale is where the production companies are going to focus on then it is going to come at the expense of Offshore.
gvine07
AG
But what companies are going to survive?

I think it's safe to say most people agree prices will rebound one day. Nobody knows when that will be or which companies make it to the other side
LostInLA07
AG
I can give you a list of companies that will definitely survive, but you won't get rich buying their stock today,
SACR
AG
Quarterly rebalance?
oldarmy1
AG
quote:
Quarterly rebalance?

You know it! And 1st qtr/last qtr are the largest. Check the accumulation/distribution reading on those days and the story becomes even clearer.
aggiedaniel06
AG
ORIG absolutely demolished 1Q earnings! Their EPS was $2.07 vs $0.67 estimate.

Brisket- I hope you're hanging in there. This puppy is looking good.
5C
AG
Didn't he get in at like 5.15?
aggiedaniel06
AG
I think that's where he initially got in. If he had averaged down all the way to 0.70 cents, he should be able to break even pretty soon. But looks like he has bowed out of this thread...
aggiedaniel06
AG
quote:
The fate of ORIG and all other offshore drilling contractors basically hangs on the pace of oil's recovery. Many still have solid contracts and are also operating profitably. However their stock prices are all down big due to the fact that people are betting that oil prices will stay lower than 60-65 (the price at which producers will again consider giving out long term contracts at decent day rates) for a long enough time to where their current contracts will expire and there will be a whole bunch of brand new rigs with no work. IMO if oil hits 60 by December, orig will be above the $3 mark.
And longer term (2-3 years) once the dust settles, the offshore contractors still standing are at a once in a decade type of bargain. Question is which ones will be the ones still "floating"?
Didn't want to quote myself here, but that prediction is looking good. There was a lot of money to have been made here if you got in the low 1's.
Boiling Denim
Wow reading this thread sure took me down the rabbit hole all the way to MaysAggie2015 scamming people out of tickets on the Ticket Exchange forum.

It's also pretty clear MaysAggie was taking credit for his rich daddy's accomplishments including that 60K ring lol
aggiedaniel06
AG
$3.25 this morning!
SquirrellyDan
AG
quote:
$3.25 this morning!
And climbing....I got in at 1.40....watched it dip below 1.00, then sold yesterday at 2.92.

No huge investment or anything, just a bit to play around with as I was reading through this thread last year.
pootiessock
How's this going?
IrishTxAggie
AG
I bought 50,000 shares at $1.75...

/TexAgs
Westi
AG
OP might have had a heart attack by now.
SW-14
AG
Down 61.57% on Friday. Not bad.
IrishTxAggie
AG
Sounds like someone overcooked their BBQ...

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.