Business & Investing
Sponsored by

ORIG...a nice, risky oil play

65,967 Views | 398 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by The Wonderer
gvine07
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
After the oil peaks in '57 and '80 it took over 15 years for the price to bottom out.

When do you think oil will rebound? What do you think it will rebound to? Why are you all-in on this?

Plenty of other ways to earn high rewards...
aggie_wes
AG
Don't put any money in until the end of Q1 2016 at the earliest.
burnt ends
stage coach,

I've put 33.4k (~30k stock, 3.4k options) in and am sitting at ~27k today. Probably down about 19%.
burnt ends
gvine,

I can't tell you when oil will rebound to be honest. I do feel its a good bet it starts its ascent in the next 6-12 mo. at the latest. I think we see at least $70 in the next 12 mo.

I haven't put 100% of my money in ORIG. I have a good sized 401k that is very well diversified. And my hope is the money that I have put into ORIG thus far is just the beginning. I'll be pretty pissed if I only get 33k in when its all said and done. Decent chance ORIG hasn't bottomed and if it hasn't I'll have more opportunities to buy stock/options moving forward.

Yes, there are plenty of other ways to earn high rewards. This is my bet.
ATM9000
AG
Making flirty eyes at the 2-handle today.
cheeky
AG
closed at $2.93

charge the paddles
pootiessock
quote:
closed at $2.93

charge the paddles
oldarmy1
AG
Thats a dying chart. Large block sales in June when stock broke down through support. Two big volume "goal post" bottom attempt and fail (end of July 1st week of August) shown means bottom not hit.

ATM9000
AG
quote:
stage coach,

I've put 33.4k (~30k stock, 3.4k options) in and am sitting at ~27k today. Probably down about 19%.

It's cute that he's valuing his options at $0.34 in his calculation here still.
pootiessock
I need an update
grd89
AG
burnt ends, how are things going?
I've been following the stock as well and even took a small position a little over a month ago at $3.92. I'm contemplating whether I should buy some more now that the price has dropped even more or wait
MrJonMan
AG
At sub $3 it's intriguing
aggieiniowa
AG
I bit and have bought a little at varying prices in the low $3's and high $2's. Nothing huge but still interesting.
grd89
AG
hit new 52-week low today
P/E ratio down to 1.11
new buying opportunity?
SquirrellyDan
AG
Closed at 2.17 yesterday.
ATM9000
AG
1-spot is thinking about asking orig to dance.
IrishTxAggie
AG
Sure is quiet from the BBQ genius...
ATM9000
AG
I'm sure he stopped out a while ago... Hope he did at least.
Bayou City
ROFL. He lost his ASS.
IrishTxAggie
AG
Probably still leveraging in...
Bayou City
I wonder how he is valuing his options now... Sorry, but the guy deserved it. A lot of other good calls on the thread. ATM, any option advice?
grd89
AG
I wonder if he's still around. He hasn't reported in a while
ATM9000
AG
On this piece? At this point, I'd say hell no unless you've got some of the underlying of this coiled spring that just keeps coiling. Probably too much work to set up a multi-leg structure or to find buyers for this thing. Really, the only thing I MIGHT do is still attempt to set up a costless 1x2 call spread if I owned ORIG, but the vols are priced at rip your face off levels so that's probably not even possible anymore.
I had some success last month gamma scalping the 192/195 SPY Oct30 Strangle. Haven't had time lately to do anything with specific equities. Likely to not have the bandwidth to follow the market much the next week or so so I closed it today. Like selling condors and put trees around the money over the next couple months and hope to leg into some when I'm back around.
TriumphForks
AG
Why did this take such a huge hit today?
ATM9000
AG
Orig announced that they might mothball like a third of their fleet and also disclosed a material default on one of their contracted rigs. The second thing is why I'd avoid service companies still like the plague. Cash is going to become a big problem for many of them and likely the only way to fix is more equity dilution.
cheeky
AG
IrishTxAggie
AG
Brisket?? Burnt Ends?? Anything? Nope... That's what I thought...
AustinAG
AG
Bueller? Bueller? Bueller?
TriumphForks
AG
Everything I know about trading I've learned from TexAgs. Main thing being, if a relatively unknown stock has it's own thread dedicated to it several pages deep, stay the f away. Unfortunately for me, long ago I learned that nugget of advice the hard way.
Skillet Shot
Poor b***tard
IrishTxAggie
AG

One month bump. Closed at $1.41. Still no signs of The Barbeque Kid.
Bayou City
Heismanziel sock....
lead
quote:
Everything I know about trading I've learned from TexAgs. Main thing being, if a relatively unknown stock has it's own thread dedicated to it several pages deep, stay the f away. Unfortunately for me, long ago I learned that nugget of advice the hard way.
Gnvc ! That damn Holden.
Dr. Nefario
quote:
Heismanziel sock....

#gadgets/MaysAggie2015 sock...
pootiessock

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.