2024 Postseason Thread

15,879 Views | 386 Replies | Last: 9 hrs ago by cone
BCSWguru
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Costas sucks
RED AG 98
AG
Nifty 4-6 twin killing. Let's go Mets! But mostly screw the Phillies.
dabo man
AG
Loved the shot of the eight year old Mets fan yelling at the Phillies.
mwm
Go figure. Stanek with the shut down 9th inning.
htxag09
AG
How's that not interference?
Edit: Machado running into the grass to get in the throwing lane.
TAZ99
AG
I can't root for the Dodgers, but god I hate Machado.
fullback44
AG
Dodgers screwing up..I like it

Yeah Machado is not likable .. but LA is worse
tjack16
AG
It's the padres year
AgRyan04
Machado should have been out

But I was very glad to see Rojas screw up that double play
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Project Gemini
AG
Nuked. Padres came to destroy the evil west coast empire and I am absolutely here for it.
fullback44
AG
AgRyan04 said:

Machado should have been out

But I was very glad to see Rojas screw up that double play
Yeah just rewatched … Machado was over on the grass.. he should have been out. not sure why LA didn't ask for that to be reviewed ? Maybe not reviewable?

Anyway.. screw LA
TAZ99
AG
These guys are saying there are no restrictions on running in the basepath there? Not sure I believe that.
tjack16
AG
The might be the best collection of LDS games we've ever had… from every series
htxag09
AG
TAZ99 said:

These guys are saying there are no restrictions on running in the basepath there? Not sure I believe that.

I know the rules are weird about when the baseline is established and it's not until making a play on the runner. So maybe that's why? Not sure. All I know is that should, based on common sense, be an out.
Project Gemini
AG
Yeah, there's an "intentionally interfering with a thrown ball" rule IIRC. Unsure what the standard for that is but no call, umpire discussion, or challenge certainly makes it seem like it wasnt obvious to anyone. Dave Roberts might have just been asleep though since he already won the regular season pennant again.
Project Gemini
AG
htxag09 said:

TAZ99 said:

I know the rules are weird about when the baseline is established and it's not until making a play on the runner. So maybe that's why? Not sure. All I know is that should, based on common sense, be an out.
I was curious and found this:

It's important that a base path only exists when a fielder is attempting to make a tag. At all other times there is no base path (no such thing) and in fact the runner is free (at his peril) to run pretty much anywhere he wishes. There are limits to this (see Rule 5.09(b)(10) regarding "making a travesty of the game"); however, the central point remains: the base runner creates his own base path.

umpirebible.com

RED AG 98
AG
What a pick!
TAZ99
AG
Gotta love postseason baseball. Yesterday the Cle-Det game goes scoreless into the 9th inning. This game has 11 runs thru 2 1/3, and nothing since.
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
Padres win

That was a fun game.
RED AG 98
AG
Go Friars!
The Porkchop Express
AG
Big shoutout to the Dodgers' pitching staff holding Tatis under .600 for the series so far.
tjack16
AG
Don't see that very often… 10 runs in back to back frames and then a 6 inning shutout to close by both teams
Wabs
AG
Anybody think Robertson gets canned if the Dodgers lose tonight?
tjack16
AG
I think both NLDS end tonight
jkag89
Four games today!
Final: Guardians 0 - Tigers 3 (Det leads the series 2-1, Cle has been shutout in back to back games)
Final: Phillies 1 - Amazins 4 (NYM win the series 3-1)
Final: Damn Yankees 3 - Royals 2 (NYY leads the series 2-1)
Final: Effin' Dodgers 8 - Friars 0 (Series tied at 2-2)
Fuzzy Dunlop
AG
tjack16 said:

I think both NLDS end tonight

I can see the Dodgers blowing it again tonight.

I think the Phillies hang on and put up a good fight in Phillies for game 5.

I really think the Phils win this series but I'm feeling a Cleveland/San Diego showdown in the WS.
Double Talkin' Jive...
RED AG 98
AG
Wabs said:

Anybody think Robertson gets canned if the Dodgers lose tonight?
I can't see it but I do think it's one of those damned if you do damned if you don't deals. Clearly they have underperformed in the post season relative to regular season and payroll but man it's tough to fire someone with that track record (1 WS title, 3 WS appearances, 1st in division 8 of 9 years), even if you think they've underperformed in the post season...
cone
AG
he'll look extremely weak here if they lose after he complains about Machado to the media but won't even leave the dugout to argue interference
cone
AG
two things can be true at the same time

machado could have been absolutely called out for interference. could have is the key - being that it's a judgement call by the umps.

it's was a very very smart baserunning move - given that he was going to not make it on time to avoid the force out. so it's either an automatic out and a potential double play OR a fast-moving judgement call interference call and the batter-runner makes it safely to first.
Wabs
AG
I was very surprised that Robertson didn't come out and argue about that call. Machado clearly ran out of the baseline. He was clearly in the grass. I don't blame him for it - it was a very smart play. But why wouldn't Robertson argue it when it was so obvious?
Project Gemini
AG
The last name of the Dodgers Manager is Roberts not Robertson.
Fuzzy Dunlop
AG
The Tigers are playing with house money right now. I keep expecting them to fall apart but they just haven't done it yet. My Indians to the WS prediction may be trash.
Double Talkin' Jive...
chick79
AG
Wild card teams dominating again this postseason!
AgRyan04
The MLB playoffs have definitely turned into a "who is hottest at the end of the season", rather than a "who was the best over the whole season"
chick79
AG
Yup. However, the Rangers last year just barely limped into the playoffs after blowing the AL West title and went on an improbable run to win the title.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.