2024 Postseason Thread

21,797 Views | 483 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by dixichkn
dabo man
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
We have the Dodgers, who I hate more than any team in baseball against the Yankees, who I hate more than any team in the American League. Funny thing is I started hating them because of George Steinbrenner, but he's been dead for years, and my hatred carries on.

There is no good outcome for this series (outside of an unexpected players' strike/cancellation), and I won't be watching.
EliteElectric
My first Dodger game was a surprise from my grandfather whom I adored. It was September 12th, 1977, my grandfather had asked me and a half dozen of my cousins if we wanted to help him do some work around his place. I was 7 and all of my older cousins declined. I volunteered. After we finished up my grandfather says "I know a pretty good place to get a hotdog, you hungry?" I said yes and off we went. I knew something was up when we turned onto "Stadium Way" We pulled up and I was on cloud 9, back then you could walk up to the ticket box and buy tickets. We walked in and promptly got us a couple "Dodger Dogs" and hunkered down for the game. I thought every fly ball was going out lol. Sutton started for us and I don't remember who pitched for the Padres, except Ron Cey hit a walk off in the 10th or eleventh off what was then the premiere closer in MLB Rollie Fingers. Burned. Into. Memory. RIP Pappou RIP Fernando and LFG BTHO those damned Yankees

www.elitellp.net/

dabo man
AG
I want to visit Dodger Stadium (day game, so I'd feel safer walking back to the car). I want to try a Dodger Dog, see the Think Blue hill, walk the concourse, etc. I think it's a beautiful ballpark.

But I loathe the Dodgers. I'm going to be an opposing fan.
DallasAg 94
dabo man said:

But I loathe the Dodgers. I'm going to be an opposing fan.
Just a warning... enter with SFG garb at your own risk. I suspect SDP is likely as contentious. Inside the stadium, sure they throw baseballs. Outside they have metal objects... like knives and guns.
jkag89
Baseball Today!

First and foremost Fall Ball at Olsen Field!
Final: Cougar High 1 - Fightin' Texas Aggies 13

And that other thing, I think they call it the World Series
Final: Damn Yankees 3 - Effin' Dodgers 6 (10) (LA leads the Series 1-0)
Wabs
AG
What time is the meteor expected to arrive?
Trajan88
AG
Saw a Dodger game at Dodger Stadium circa '97 (vs St. Louis).. had to have a couple Dodger Dogs. Yes, they were good.

I wasn't wearing any team logo cap or apparel (full disclosure: I'm a Yankees and Giants fan)... while walking out of the stadium a group of punks were trying to find out what team I was a fan... didn't say a word and walked to my car and got the hell out of there ... back to San Diego where I was staying on vacation.
Enzomatic
Trajan88 said:

Saw a Dodger game at Dodger Stadium circa '97 (vs St. Louis).. had to have a couple Dodger Dogs. Yes, they were good.

I wasn't wearing any team logo cap or apparel (full disclosure: I'm a Yankees and Giants fan)... while walking out of the stadium a group of punks were trying to find out what team I was a fan... didn't say a word and walked to my car and got the hell out of there ... back to San Diego where I was staying on vacation.

Harassment is pretty par for the course at dodgers games. The only question is, do they stop at harassment? Or does it turn to a physical confrontation? Normally, games at other stadiums stop with giving other fans ****, which to normal fans is nothing more than some fun ribbing. But dodgers games, I'm legitimately concerned for the safety of anyone stupid enough to wear the other team's colors. Last time I was there a group of aggressive thugs followed a cubs fan after the game (that's who they were playing, and he was wearing a cubs jersey and hat like an idiot), verbally going after him, literally all over him inches away. I truly hoped he made it out ok, but these are easily the most dangerous and garbage fans in our country. Im sure that soccer fans in Europe can get worse with some alcohol in them, but I don't have any first hand experience there.

I made my ex not wear cubs stuff to that game, and I obviously wouldn't wear my giants stuff (even though I was out of clean clothes during the trip). I would assume that those punks wouldve seen her in cubs stuff, followed her and scared the **** out of her, then turned on the guy she was with. Or at least I would hope that any physical attacks wouldn't go beyond me, but knowing the quality of thugs who go to those games, I wouldn't be surprised by anything. So it was a little self serving by not letting her wear her cubs stuff, but I didnt want her verbally accosted, as much as I didn't want to get beaten to a pulp outside of dodgers stadium.

Literal trash fans, which fits the trash organization.
TarponChaser
Enzomatic said:

Trajan88 said:

Harassment is pretty par for the course at dodgers games. The only question is, do they stop at harassment? Or does it turn to a physical confrontation? Normally, games at other stadiums stop with giving other fans ****, which to normal fans is nothing more than some fun ribbing. But dodgers games, I'm legitimately concerned for the safety of anyone stupid enough to wear the other team's colors. Last time I was there a group of aggressive thugs followed a cubs fan after the game (that's who they were playing, and he was wearing a cubs jersey and hat like an idiot), verbally going after him, literally all over him inches away. I truly hoped he made it out ok, but these are easily the most dangerous and garbage fans in our country. Im sure that soccer fans in Europe can get worse with some alcohol in them, but I don't have any first hand experience there.

I made my ex not wear cubs stuff to that game, and I obviously wouldn't wear my giants stuff (even though I was out of clean clothes during the trip). I would assume that those punks wouldve seen her in cubs stuff, followed her and scared the **** out of her, then turned on the guy she was with. Or at least I would hope that any physical attacks wouldn't go beyond me, but knowing the quality of thugs who go to those games, I wouldn't be surprised by anything. So it was a little self serving by not letting her wear her cubs stuff, but I didnt want her verbally accosted, as much as I didn't want to get beaten to a pulp outside of dodgers stadium.

I think it was a Giants fan who Dodger fans beat and put into a coma outside Dodger Stadium a few years ago and he ended up dying.

edit: check that, he survived with permanent brain damage. It was 2011.
https://abc7.com/bryan-stow-giants-fan-attacked-dodger-stadium-beaten-at-the-ballpark/13756451/
Enzomatic
TarponChaser said:

Enzomatic said:

Trajan88 said:

I think it was a Giants fan who Dodger fans beat and put into a coma outside Dodger Stadium a few years ago and he ended up dying.

edit: check that, he survived with permanent brain damage. It was 2011.
https://abc7.com/bryan-stow-giants-fan-attacked-dodger-stadium-beaten-at-the-ballpark/13756451/

Yep. I was in SF when Stow came back from years of rehab and they introduced him at the stadium to a huge ovation. Im sure dodger fans thought it was hilarious. That's the type of people those animals are. They're barely human.
amercer
AG
Wabs said:

What time is the meteor expected to arrive?

This sucks
dixichkn
AG
https://babylonbee.com/news/satan-not-sure-which-of-his-two-favorite-teams-to-root-for-in-world-series
mwm
Will MLB ever check on Stanton's use of steriods?
Wabs
AG
mwm said:

Will MLB ever check on Stanton's use of steriods?

Will this be the first title NYY have won without a known roider since the 80s? (If they win it).
Aston 91
AG
Idiot Dodgers fan is lucky they called fan interference there. Could been Bartman 2.0.
94chem
Aston 91 said:

Idiot Dodgers fan is lucky they called fan interference there. Could been Bartman 2.0.

I'm not 100% sure that ball stays in. Glove momentum was headed down. That ball may have been headed for a direct hit on the edge of the wall. From there, who knows where it bounces. I THINK they got it right, but not totally sure.
94chem,
That, sir, was the greatest post in the history of TexAgs. I salute you. -- Dough
amercer
AG
Aston 91 said:

That dude grabbed his kid and ran out of the stadium.

Adults shouldn't take gloves to baseball games. You are a full grown man give the glove to you damn kid.
jograki
AG
Aston 91 said:

For real. Surprised people beside him didn't yank his shirt back.
Aston 91
AG
I'd forgot about the Jeffrey Maier play until they showed the replay. Ridiculous the umps missed such an obvious call on that one. And that one was in Yankee Stadium and benefited the (Damn) Yankees, so they shouldn't have given them the benefit of the doubt. Not a Dodgers fan by any stretch, but hope they finish this one off in the 9th.
94chem
Aston 91 said:

I'd forgot about the Jeffrey Maier play until they showed the replay. Ridiculous the umps missed such an obvious call on that one. And that one was in Yankee Stadium and benefited the (Damn) Yankees, so they shouldn't have given them the benefit of the doubt. Not a Dodgers fan by any stretch, but hope they finish this one off in the 9th.

Always liked the Maier play because the Orioles deserved the karma for building LF in Camden Yard the way they did.
94chem,
That, sir, was the greatest post in the history of TexAgs. I salute you. -- Dough
Danny Vermin
This is some great drama.
amercer
AG
Well that was a f up on what should have ended the inning
amercer
AG
It's too bad they can't both lose, but I do hate the Dodgers more
Aston 91
AG
Ohtani walkoff would be a nice ending to this one. Don't like either team, but can't root for the Yankees under any circumstance.
tjack16
AG
FOX might send assassins to Tommy Edman's house if he strands Ohtani on deck with a DP
Aston 91
AG
Jesus what a terrible call by blue for strike one. How is this guy calling a World Series?
amercer
AG
Oh my
tjack16
AG
Throwing a guy who hasn't pitched in a month against Ohtani with the winning run on base… No way this backfires on Boone
AustinAg2K
I wonder what sort of odds Ohtani got that he would win Game 1 with a HR...
RED AG 98
AG
Ok Japanese Jesus -- whattiya got?
RED AG 98
AG
Dammit K i k e. That was not the script.

ETA: K i k e is censored?
tjack16
AG
Lux may have cost them by tripping rounding second
amercer
AG
tjack16 said:

Lux may have cost them by tripping rounding second

It would be tied now
AustinAg2K
As great of a catch as that was, it was very anti-climatic.
amercer
AG
AustinAg2K said:

As great of a catch as that was, it was very anti-climatic.

Probably not if your a Yankees fan

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.