2024 Postseason Thread

15,939 Views | 386 Replies | Last: 9 hrs ago by cone
jkag89
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Today's Slate of Games Times CDT
Final: Tigers 3 - 'Stros 1 (Det. leads the series 1-0)
Final: Royals 1 - Orioles 0 (KC lead the series 1-0)
Final: Amazins 8 - Brew Crew 4 (NYM lead the series 1-0)
Final: Braves 0 - Friars 4

Post your observations here . . . or not.
jkag89
The Mets so far are playing like they have a clinching hangover (no real surprise), down 2-0 going to the 2nd.
jkag89
Spoke too soon, NYM answer with two so far in the T2, still batting runner on third no outs.

The O's with two on, two out B8 down 1-0.
dabo man
AG
Let's go Royals!!

I went to three games this season. Playoff tickets are too rich for my blood though.
jkag89
Ah abandoning the Redbirds for the cross state "rival" I see. What a fickle fan you've become dabo.

EDIT: I'd be OK if Wacha got a Ring if the Astros falter.
dabo man
AG
I'm fedup with the Cardinals. Their front office assembles teams that are too old to compete for 162 games season after season. The last really good team they had was in 2015. The best coach they've had in my time here was Mike Schildt, and he left because of disagreements with GM/Pres of Operations John Mozeliak. John M. needs to go.
jkag89
Home teams are 0-2 so far this post season.

Mets up 3-2 on the Brewers T4.
jkag89
The Brew Crew are the team looking like they played a DH yesterday and had to fly halfway across the country to play a latish afternoon game the next day.

Mets up 8-4 T6.
jkag89
Home teams are now 0-3 today. Does the trend continue tonight and San Diego?
TAZ99
AG
Yankees fans probably pretty happy with the results so far.
agproducer
AG
King is flat out nasty tonight.
jkag89
Today's Games
Final: Tigers 5 - 'Stros 2 (Astros eliminated)
Final: Royals 2 - Orioles 1 (O's eliminated)
Final: Amazins 3 - Brew Crew 5 (Series Tied)
Final: Braves 4 - Friars 5 (Brave eliminated)
OriolePete
DOA
agproducer
AG
Win or lose today -- I kind of feel like the WC series needs to be 5 games instead of 3 and eliminate the travel day.

For example, the lower-seeded team gets 2 at home (2nd game a getaway day), then 3 games at the higher-seed.

I understand that it would cause the top seeds to sit on the sidelines a little longer, but after 162, a week could give the top seeds extra rest.
tjack16
AG
I would pick the Padres to win this year, but it's just so hard to imagine the Dodgers losing three years in a row in the NLDS to a division rival. It would be hilarious… But that would be insane if it happened three years in
dabo man
AG
Not feeling great about the Royals today. They didn't finish the regular season strong. They had two seven game losing streaks late in the year. They just weren't hitting.

Kind of how I'm feeling today after they won 1-0. They're not hitting. Id feel better if they'd won 8-7 yesterday. Hoping they put up runs early today.
dabo man
AG
Loved the Astros rainbow unis as a kid, but the solid fluorescent orange is hideous. Still pulling for them, but my eyes hurt.
OriolePete
Why are all of these matchups keeping the same time slot? The Astros and Tigers play every weekday at 1 and the Os and Royals play every day at 3. So we all have to play day games in the sun (for us) with half our fan bases working? Every day? Bah
South Platte
Pucker meter in Baltimore has to be redlining. This is absurd. It's not this hard to score runs in baseball.
tjack16
AG
I'm thinking it's finally the year the Yankees get back to the World Series
jkag89
OriolePete said:

Why are all of these matchups keeping the same time slot? The Astros and Tigers play every weekday at 1 and the Os and Royals play every day at 3. So we all have to play day games in the sun (for us) with half our fan bases working? Every day? Bah

I get that it sucks to have day games in the middle of the week during the postseason but are you really complaining about a sunny day with temps in the 70s? That seems to be ideal baseball weather to me.
jkag89
tjack16 said:

I'm thinking it's finally the year the Yankees get back to the World Series
Only to lose to the Friars. That would be fun although it would be even more fun if they tripped up again in the ALCS.
jkag89
Home teams are 1-5 so far this postseason.
dabo man
AG
I hate Milwaukee. Bud Selig's team, which should be in the AL. Was hoping they would be swept.
jkag89
Only one game today
Final: Amazins 4 - Brew Crew 2 (Mil. Eliminated)
OriolePete
I just thought it was weird and unnecessary. It wasn't going to change anything for the O's. I knew we got just good enough at the break to be swept in our first series again. I thought we would need to score 6 or more runs in each game to give us a chance. Turns out we couldn't score 2. Total.
dabo man
AG
I finished work at 4 PM yesterday, turned on the TV, and was asleep within 15 minutes. Missed the rest of the game.
Iraq2xVeteran
AG
It's crazy how 3 of the 4 wildcard rounds ended in sweeps, and 2 of the 3 sweeps were by the road team.
tjack16
AG
Iraq2xVeteran said:

It's crazy how there are 3 out of the 4 wildcard rounds ended in sweeps, and all of the sweeps were by the road team.

Home field seems to be very overrated in baseball.
BCSWguru
Hot teams continue to be hot. Thought the Mets would win, the Brewers comeback might have done them in, we shall see.
dabo man
AG
I wouldn't say the Royals are hot. They lost 18 of the last 29 regular season games.
Out in Left Field
Out in Left Field
toucan82
Damn, that's rough
MAROON
AG
Wow - Phil Maton is the happiest guy in the dugout now

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.