***** 2023 Houston Astros Season Thread *****

6,457,314 Views | 114825 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by texasaggie2015
Lonestar_Ag09
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Let's play a game…

Worst lineup possible with dusty brain

Dubon-4
Pena-DH
Tucker-9
Bregman-5
Abreu-3
Grae-6
Julks-7
Myers-8
Maldonado-2
EastCoastAgNc
AG
Dies Irae
EastCoastAgNc said:

Dusty still back in 1971 playing stratomatic baseball
Project Gemini
AG
All of this could be easily solved if Julks went down and Salazar came up. And if JV prefers Maldy, we'll that's just how it is as far as I'm concerned.
Farmer1906
AG
This is pathetic. Tony Adams just proved Dusty wrong.

Also Jake is light years better in CF than Dubon.
Eso si, Que es
Dies Irae said:

EastCoastAgNc said:

Dusty still back in 1971 playing stratomatic baseball
What's his excuse for copy and pasting the top part of the lineup from our non productive games?

Altuve
Peña
Tucker
Bregman
Yordan

Is a f/cking middle finger to his superiors as far as I am concerned, it is certainly a middle finger to me and if he doesn't want me to watch his sh/t this is the perfect way to ensure that
Prosperdick
AG
EastCoastAgNc said:

OK, what does Yordan hit against lefties? Why TF is he 5th in the order and not 3rd like last night. What is Pena hitting against lefties? Why is he second in the order?

I just wish one of these reporters would ask him that but I guess they're afraid to or that they'll get their access pulled.
Prosperdick
AG
Project Gemini said:

All of this could be easily solved if Julks went down and Salazar came up. And if JV prefers Maldy, we'll that's just how it is as far as I'm concerned.
You know Diaz's wife is pulling her hair out...I remember her meeting Donkey (OK, Dusty) and telling him "play my husband more!"

If Diaz goes on in the next few years to become one of the best hitting catchers in the league we will look back at how criminally underused he was in his first year with us.
Billy Baroo
AG
EastCoastAgNc said:

The same Grae Kessinger that botched an easy throw to first and allowed the Angels to walk us off recently?
tjack16
AG
JV is a fly ball pitcher. So yeah gotta have your best infield today
JABQ04
AG
Anybody feel like meeting up East Pearland/League City/Webster area to watch the game?
Eso si, Que es
JABQ04 said:

Anybody feel like meeting up East Pearland/League City/Webster area to watch the game?
Can't do it today, but I'm definitely down for another day
Hulla Baller
AG
JABQ04 said:

How do y'all do that if you have 3 kids under 6?
Johnsy3
AG

SIAP
Boiling Denim
Dusty the kinda manager to lowkey sandbag for the wild card because rust over rest with the bye
Wabs
AG
So Dusty wants the "best" defense out there? Why is Dubon in CF? Literally makes 0 sense.

Also, you think it might be important to give JV some ****ing run support in his first start back? That lineup is hideous. We went from solid to **** in less than 24 hours. Unreal.
redline248
AG
texasaggie2015 said:

JV's call.
I can't f-cking believe this. You're telling me JV would rather have a guy that can't cover half the ground Meyers can b/c he has a stronger arm
gambochaman
AG
Dusty is a freaking stubborn idiot and has 100% been solely responsible for at least 8 losses this year

There is a reason he didnt win anything prior to last year and it took an al time pitching staff and lineup for him to finally win

After seen what the lineup last night did, to put this one out today is flat out an eff you to fans
EastCoastAgNc
AG
Rally Kate is going to be desperately needed today
redline248
AG
Shohei - 1 home run every 10.2 AB
Judge - 1 every 9.7 (wow)
Yordan - 1 every 11.5 AB
Alonso - 1 every 12.1 AB
Betts - 1 every 13.8 AB
Tucker - 1 every 20.9 AB

Yainer - 1 every 16.5 AB

"He isn't a good defender at 1B and can't hit lefties."
Mathguy64
AG
Welcome back JustIn and Kate.

ttha_aggie_09
AG
"That's cause he's had all that rest and his legs are fresh"

Dusty, probably
redline248
AG
Yainer ranks in the top 20 for Barrels per Plate Appearance. Let's make sure we don't maximize how often he hits
redline248
AG
...and before I forget

You know how else isn't a good defender and can't hit lefties? Martin Maldonado
cc10106
During the pre-game show on ATT Dusty said Dubon playing CF was his preference and that "I'm the manager, you know" (followed by belittling the reporter). JV's preference had nothing to do with it according to Dusty; it's all him. At least he's taking full responsibility.
tremble
AG
Dana needs to give Chandler full permission to go off-leash and make Dusty uncomfortable.

Something has to happen because in no universe are these bizarre lineup constructions acceptable in the middle of a heated race.
Mathguy64
AG
Quietly, Seattle had jumped Boston and Da Jankees in the WC race. Seattle were sellers in July.

Crazy
West Roxbury
We are probably at the end of the Dusty regime and his comments to media show the strains of it all. That said, the biggest reason I would like a change next season is so that this annual thread can change the subject. Having every third post about Dusty is really a drain.
JABQ04
AG
Hulla Baller said:

JABQ04 said:

How do y'all do that if you have 3 kids under 6?

I have a couple alibis:
A) wife doesn't want to do **** today so I can go as I please today. (Helps I've been up since 0600 knocking out the honey do list)
B) kids are 16,11,&4. I have a reasonable expectation they'll all be alive and house still standing if we go out for a couple of hours and relatively close
C) we only live 10 mins from my in-laws.
Prosperdick
AG
gambochaman said:

Dusty is a freaking stubborn idiot and has 100% been solely responsible for at least 8 losses this year

There is a reason he didnt win anything prior to last year and it took an al time pitching staff and lineup for him to finally win

After seen what the lineup last night did, to put this one out today is flat out an eff you to fans
And people get upset that I call him Donkey.

I really hope at some point, perhaps the playoffs, he will go with the lineup of death. Problem is you got to MAKE the playoffs first.
Prosperdick
AG
Mathguy64 said:

Quietly, Seattle had jumped Boston and Da Jankees in the WC race. Seattle were sellers in July.

Crazy
They might be finally putting it all together...they always scared me and I was hoping they would fade.
AustinCountyAg
Lonestar_Ag09 said:

So I take it you'd rather see Grae at SS and Abreu back at first. You're right, that would definitely make it better

If Peña must start that's fine but he doesn't need be in the top half of the order.
J Peterman
AG
West Roxbury said:

We are probably at the end of the Dusty regime and his comments to media show the strains of it all. That said, the biggest reason I would like a change next season is so that this annual thread can change the subject. Having every third post about Dusty is really a drain.

We have to vent somewhere…it's unreal. Insiders saying he's back next year so get ready for our window to be waisted yet again. How do the players accept this?
astros4545
AG
Farmer1906 said:

This is pathetic. Tony Adams just proved Dusty wrong.

Also Jake is light years better in CF than Dubon.

Also a better hitter
Mr President Elect
AG
EastCoastAgNc said:

Well, at least a lefty is on the mound this time.
First Page Last Page
Page 1505 of 3281

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.