***** 2023 Houston Astros Season Thread *****

6,456,925 Views | 114825 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by texasaggie2015
jkag89
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Bregxit said:

Your Donkey schtick doesn't help at all.
I regret I have only one Blue Star to give this post. The constant weeping, wailing and gnashing of teeth about how Dusty manages the club makes this thread a chore to read at times.
gougler08
AG
Yainer, you hit a HR? Bench for you
Yordan, you hit a HR? Back to the 5 hole for you
Peña, you didn't do Jack ***** 2 hole seems right
Mr.Bond
AG
texasaggie2015 said:

07ag said:

Yay more whining from everyone about dusty and lineup construction

Ummm it's pretty warranted today. This just abysmal. In the heat of a division race no less.

I'm hoping it was 6 ranger fans who starred that post.....
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

MAGA

Prosperdick
AG
Bregxit said:

I'll start calling him Dusty when he stops being a stubborn ass. I happily called him Dusty yesterday when he FINALLY put his two best hitters back-to-back and ensured the one of the best hitters in the league would actually get to bat in the first inning.

I also gave him props on how he handled Framber's no no. He's a great player's manager, always has been but these lineups are a complete ****ing joke.
gougler08
AG
jkag89 said:

Bregxit said:

I regret I have only one Blue Star to give this post. The constant weeping, wailing and gnashing of teeth about how Dusty manages the club makes this thread a chore to read at times.

The problem is it's almost always warranted, it's very likely we'd be in first for the AL West if Espada was the manager
Big Al 1992
AG
Bring up Singleton and sit Dubon- or Kesinger. IIt couldn't hurt.
Mr.Bond
AG
jkag89 said:

Bregxit said:

Facts don't care about one's feelings. And facts are dusty puts together lineups like I'd expect a 4 year to....
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

MAGA

texasaggie2015
AG
I agree that the Donkey bit and the constant complaining gets old.

But.. the complaints are absolutely warranted sometimes. And today is one of those days. This is just unacceptable.
Boiling Denim
This lineup looks so easy to attack.

Altuve won't see anything in the zone. Pena will be attacked into GIDPs or Ks. Tucker walked. Bregman attacked based on his performance against lefties this year. Yordan will be leading off or hitting with no one on. Solo shots are fine. Chas will be pitched like Altuve. 7-9 lol
Ag_07
AG
Welcome back JV!!!
jkag89
Mr.Bond said:

jkag89 said:

Bregxit said:

Facts don't care about one's feelings. And facts are dusty puts together lineups like I'd expect a 4 year to....
And the constant *****ing about is not going to change it one iota.
texasaggie2015
AG
It's a message board. People are going to celebrate wins, mourn losses, and whine when they feel is necessary. I completely agree it's over the top sometimes, but man, today is a day where I don't blame them at all.
Sex Panther
AG
The lineup is unacceptable and I don't know how Dana and Crane can look at it - especially after last night - and think the team is being handled properly. And I don't know how Diaz continues to find ways to not play. At a loss for words at this point.

Can someone remind me of the "personal centerfielder" thing for JV? Is that JV (can't imagine) or Dusty's call, and what exactly is the reasoning?
texasaggie2015
AG
JV's call.
JDUB08AG
AG
Normally I roll my eyes but this is egregious and legit made me angry
n_touch
Harry Dunne said:

So Castro and McCann are the ones really behind this. They had to protect their legacy
Dies Irae
jkag89 said:

Bregxit said:

It has always been so my friend. This year it might be warranted. Tell me you don't remember the claim of "hinched" from season's past.

That's what fans do in forums. They complain and armchair quarterback
maca1028
Could y'all image the media barrage that Dusty would get if he managed an east coast team? **** lineup plus the news that one of our best pitchers over the last two months is getting moved to the pen.
texasaggie2015
AG
The more we complain the more I expect this lineup to somehow score 8 runs so y'all keep it up
Daddy-O5
AG
texasaggie2015 said:

It's a message board. People are going to celebrate wins, mourn losses, and whine when they feel is necessary. I completely agree it's over the top sometimes, but man, today is a day where I don't blame them at all.

I don't post a lot in general on this thread, and completely agree it can get old at times. (But as an adult I can choose to ignore it, until it inevitably passes)

But today is objectively terribad, and coming off a night where what everyone has been screaming for worked. Just mind blowing.
ttha_aggie_09
AG
Exactly! Kessinger hits a bomb, Yordan gets an AB with bases loaded and delivers, and Dubon goes 2-4
Sex Panther
AG
texasaggie2015 said:

JV's call.

That's pretty strange but whatever JV wants is fine with me
Daddy-O5
AG
ttha_aggie_09 said:

Exactly! Kessinger hits a bomb, Yordan gets an AB with bases loaded and delivers, and Dubon goes 2-4

Can't wait to be proven to be a complete imbecile.
Kashchei
AG
gougler08 said:

jkag89 said:

Bregxit said:

The problem is it's almost always warranted, it's very likely we'd be in first for the AL West if Espada was the manager

This is the most frustrating part of this season. With as much as the team has struggled, we would be leading the division if our manager had an IQ above room temperature.
jkag89
I get that. Still the constant complaints about Dusty and certain players makes this thread a huge drag at times.
Boiling Denim
Dies Irae said:

jkag89 said:

Bregxit said:

It has always been so my friend. This year it might be warranted. Tell me you don't remember the claim of "hinched" from season's past.

That's what fans do in forums. They complain and armchair quarterback

I would have taken any armchair QB in this thread during Game 7 of 2019 over getting Hinch'd
Ag_07
AG
What do Yanier's numbers project to over a full 162?

I'm just curious how he'd stack up in ROY candidacy if he was playing regularly. Imagine he'd be up there
tjack16
AG
Ag_07 said:

What do Yanier's numbers project to over a full 162?

I'm just curious how he'd stack up in ROY candidacy if he was playing regularly. Imagine he'd be up there

Probably 30 HR and 85-90 RBI.
AustinCountyAg
Peña shouldn't even be in the lineup right now. With his bull**** jogging down the line last night when he could've beat it out combined with his absolute terrible at bats he needs to sit for a few days, much less hitting in the ****ing two hole. And yordan 5th?

**** YOU DUSTY YOU OLD SACK OF *****
Farmer1906
AG
Can we retire the Yainer struggles vs lefties thought? Dusty swings and misses again.

AustinCountyAg
*******it I'm pissed. Dusty is a moron. It isn't that tough to construct a lineup with our team.

Altuve is a first pitch hitter so with him battling lead off you need someone in the two hole who will work the count as well as a contact to guy who puts the ball in play in the instances that Altuve reaches. Well what do you know? We have a guy in Bregman who's one of the best in league in working counts and who's a solid contact guy. BUT Nooooo, let's slide Peña in that spot who's second on the team in strikeouts with Maldy.
Lonestar_Ag09
AG
So I take it you'd rather see Grae at SS and Abreu back at first. You're right, that would definitely make it better
jkag89
texasaggie2015 said:

The more we complain the more I expect this lineup to somehow score 8 runs so y'all keep it up
Then carry on!
Eso si, Que es

Unacceptable
Aggie8587
AG
EastCoastAgNc said:

Game 112 and Dusty STILL has not once put his best lineup on the field. Not a single time.

How is that even humanly possible? You'd think even once he'd accidentally trot his best 9 out there
First Page Last Page
Page 1504 of 3281

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.