***** 2023 Houston Astros Season Thread *****

5,922,895 Views | 114825 Replies | Last: 3 mo ago by texasaggie2015
AggieDub25
How long do you want to ignore this user?
The Porkchop Express said:

stoneca said:

You know we're in the golden era of Astros baseball when people are disappointed in an ALCS finish. Especially when we had 2 of our main pitchers out for the year by May (McCullers and Garcia) and went through most of the year without Tuve or Yordan. Ready for Title #3 next year! Go Stros!
Somebody hacked stoneca's account.

I blame game 7 loss on him because he was posting with a lot more positive vibe than usual
AggieDub25
texasaggie2015 said:

They were actually open to moving him at the deadline if the right move presented itself

Perhaps that had something to do with his performance. He seemed to have been pressing all year. I have a hard time accepting moving on from Peña after last year unless it's a true upgrade at SS though.

I think we just need a better hitting coach and get this team back to a more patient approach at the plate. I really miss the days where it was unheard of for a starting pitcher to pitch beyond 5 innings against us.
Aggie Therapist
AG
You’re not alone—the Veterans Crisis Line is here for you. You don’t have to be enrolled in VA benefits or health care to call.

Dial 988 Press 1
Jet Black
Go get an everyday centerfielder.
redline248
AG
Jet Black said:

Here we go again
Jet Black
redline248 said:

Jet Black said:

Here we go again

Sorry
n_touch
redline248 said:

Jet Black said:

Here we go again
What is wrong with what he is saying? Chas does not look like an everyday center fielder and they traded away Straw
Farmer1906
AG
n_touch said:

redline248 said:

Jet Black said:

Here we go again
What is wrong with what he is saying? Chas does not look like an everyday center fielder and they traded away Straw

lol what?
redline248
AG
Step 1 is remembering that n_touch lives and breaths sarcasm
n_touch
redline248
n_touch
Farmer1906 said:

n_touch said:

redline248 said:

Jet Black said:

Here we go again

lol what?
If all fairness I believe I read on here that the manager at the time said that he did not believe Chas had the look of a major league center fielder so I can not take credit for this one.
Hornbeck
stoneca said:

Hornbeck said:

Thinice said:

Danwell Home said:

I like my fake jerseys

DG Gate FTW!!!!

DHGate. Get it right. I've got several, and a couple Aggie baseball jerseys too
I've been looking for jerseys. Is this the best website for buying jerseys in your opinion? TIA

If you want authentic ones > $100, fanatics or mlbshop.com You can get good fakes for about $35-$40 shipped, DHGate.
GhostWipe15
AG
How fake are we talking?

Like it says Astors instead of Astros?
cc10106
Where da Houston Asteroids jerseys at?
bmac_aggie18
AG
Larry Hagman said:

of course we couldnt' win this game..this team comes home looks like they never played baseball before.
Hornbeck
GhostWipe15 said:

How fake are we talking?

https://m.dhgate.com/product/2-alex-bregman-yordan-alvarez-houston-baseball/884689729.html
Mr.Bond
AG
Hornbeck said:

GhostWipe15 said:

How fake are we talking?

https://m.dhgate.com/product/2-alex-bregman-yordan-alvarez-houston-baseball/884689729.html

My wife bought a altuve Gold jersey from here and it's pretty damn close if I'm honest
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

Hornbeck
I've got a few Aggie baseball jerseys from them and a couple of the old throwback Astros Jerseys as well. I'm pretty happy with them.
vbl
Did the last three hours of TexAgs just disappear? What the **** is going on here?
McInnis
AG
Yes it did.

??
Marvin
AG
Guys, you are missing all the new conversation on the offseason thread. This one is basically archived.
I love Texas Aggie sports, but I love Texas A&M more.
texasaggie2015
AG
Nm
Farmer1906
AG
texasaggie2015 said:

They like Salazar a lot for some of the same reasons they liked Maldonado. He's very sharp and puts a lot of time into game prep. If I had to guess, he's the backup catcher next year. But don't rule out the possibility of signing a veteran for cheap. Victor Caratini for example.
Farmer1906
AG
texasaggie2015 said:

Diaz will be an every day player next season. He's been working out tirelessly at both first base and left field to increase his versatility. He'll be behind the plate a lot but they want there to be as many ways for him to get in the lineup as possible when they want to rest his knees.

I think they'll either roll with Cesar Salazar (they love his game prep and IQ and is the cheapest possible option) or sign a cheap vet like Victor Caratini or Luke Maile as a backup.
texasaggie2015
AG
texasaggie2015 said:

Josh Hader will be the Astros #1 target this off-season
Never a doubt.

Oops... forgot this was a different thread lol
First Page Refresh
Page 3281 of 3281

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.