***** 2023 Houston Astros Season Thread *****

6,142,006 Views | 114825 Replies | Last: 5 mo ago by texasaggie2015
aggie813
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Raising right hand for '78
Marvin
AG
Farmer1906 said:

This postseason has me losing faith Brown's impact.

That was my point from yesterday, although I probably could have narrowed the focus a bit.

EastCoastAgNc
AG
EastCoastAgNc
AG
Marvin
AG
The Porkchop Express said:

Who besides me was alive for that WS?

I was in junior high school, but still old enough to already hate Tommy Lasorda.
BadAggie
AG
Pray for six scoreless from Javier this afternoon.

EastCoastAgNc
AG
Wabs
AG
BadAggie said:

Pray for six scoreless from Javier this afternoon.

The Porkchop Express
Marvin said:

The Porkchop Express said:

Who besides me was alive for that WS?

I was in junior high school, but still old enough to already hate Tommy Lasorda.
I was 4. Had gone to my first Astros game in 1977, joined Astros Buddies, and had gotten Cesar Cedeno as my player (before I realized he had probably killed someone).

I had also only seen Star Wars 8 times in my life at that point.
Boiling Denim
EastCoastAgNc said:

Dubon 3 run jack confirmed
EastCoastAgNc
AG

You are wrong sir
JYDog90
AG
EastCoastAgNc said:

Farmer1906 said:

We benched Chas...

He has not been great recently. Really fallen off a cliff since that hot month.

Chas has looked like he's swinging a 27" bat. Can't seem to reach that outside edge of the plate.
EastCoastAgNc
AG
gambochaman
AG
EastCoastAgNc said:

You are wrong sir

Oh ok

Same question with maldy
1836er
AG
Sigh... I told myself not to be frustrated/disappointed when the lineup came out today... that didn't work.

redline248
AG
Chas still not one of the big boys.
jetch17
AG
Bonnettecj1 said:

Lineup

Dubon's hard face has me laughing for a PR release like that
Farmer1906
AG
jetch17 said:

Bonnettecj1 said:

Lineup

Dubon's hard face has me laughing for a PR release like that
Do most teams use their 6th and 8th hitters in the promo graphic?
EastCoastAgNc
AG
redline248 said:

Chas still not one of the big boys.
Hasn't been eating his banana puddin
The Porkchop Express
Chas is 2 for his last 15, 6 for his last 40 and hitting .222 over his last month with more strikeouts than hits. He hasn't homered since September 23rd and hasn't stolen a base since September 17th.

Chas is in an extended slump. Dubon has proven to be better at slapping the ball into places where the fielders aren't and getting on base. Dubon hit .339 with a .919 OPS in August and .303 with an .849 OPS in September.

It's OK to hate Dusty but still see that this is not a bad move given what these 2 players have done the last month and change.

The Porkchop Express
EastCoastAgNc said:

Reminds me of RC Slocum one year talking about the roster before the season and saying that tight end James McKeehan was "A good looking kid, the guy of guy you'd like your daughter to bring home." and we were all like "Uhhh, how about you know, blocking and catching the ball, though?"
JDUB08AG
AG
I equate it though to timing the market. May be a bad analogy, but in the end, everything regresses or increases to the mean. George Springer is the perfect example of this in 2017.
The Porkchop Express
JDUB08AG said:

I equate it though to timing the market. May be a bad analogy, but in the end, everything regresses or increases to the mean. George Springer is the perfect example of this in 2017.
Yeh but George was already a superstar in 2017. That analogy is more appropriate for them not pulling Altuve last year in his prolonged slump. At worst, you've got Chas off the bench if you need some late-game muscle.
Farmer1906
AG
JDUB08AG said:

I like that comparison.

Remember in 2021 with Keke was the best player in the world for 2 weeks. Then we shut his ass down.

Maybe Chas does stay cold. Altuve did last year. Did anyone want Dubon over Altuve?
iBrad
AG
iBrad said:

Dubon was 2-7 against Gray with a 2B. Chas was 0-3 with 3 Ks. We could see a change in CF.

Not trying to pat myself on the back, but you could see this coming.
Legett79
AG
I was in my third year at A&M
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
The Porkchop Express
Legett79 said:

I was in my third year at A&M
jkag89
astros4545 said:

If we don't score in the first

It looks like our next opportunity to score will be the 4th inning

Love these lineups
You know what this means. the bottom half of the order is going to produce the bulk of the offense this afternoon.

I'll take the blame (or credit if either Doobie or Butter Knife or both have an excellent game) since I placed both (and Dusty too on the archived grid) on my Immaculate Grid today!
Farmer1906
AG
Got lucky today. Only 2 guesses and it's not an Astro.

https://www.mlbpickle.com/
Farmer1906
AG
Mathguy64
AG
Farmer1906 said:

Mathguy64 said:

Phil is a normal split guy this year. WHIP of 1.60 and 5 HR against LHH, 0.74 and 1 HR against RHH and hes got more IP against RHH. All of the numbers are skewed to the normal split.

One of our issues is we dont have a LH reliever or split guy. Hector is almost equal, Montero is not reverse. Staney has way more K against RHH and also given up way more HR against RHH.

We have been rolling this righty pen for 2 plus years. It works but maybe its because we dont care?
Our staff vs LHH.

The best bets are Neris, Abreu, & Stanek to get lefties out.
No way you blow Hector or Abreu in the 1st. Stanek would be a roll of the dice. It could work. It could go Kablooie.
jkag89
Quote:

Impressive. Most Impressive.

I didn't see Star Wars for the first time till sometime that fall. I do remember seeing the long lines on the pedestrian bridge over the Loop at the Gulf Gate Mall on the way to the Dome to see the 'Stros.
Mathguy64
AG
Chas needs to remember that he made his mark going to RF. Hes become a pull hitter lately
Farmer1906
AG
Mathguy64 said:

Farmer1906 said:

Mathguy64 said:

Phil is a normal split guy this year. WHIP of 1.60 and 5 HR against LHH, 0.74 and 1 HR against RHH and hes got more IP against RHH. All of the numbers are skewed to the normal split.

One of our issues is we dont have a LH reliever or split guy. Hector is almost equal, Montero is not reverse. Staney has way more K against RHH and also given up way more HR against RHH.

We have been rolling this righty pen for 2 plus years. It works but maybe its because we dont care?
Our staff vs LHH.

The best bets are Neris, Abreu, & Stanek to get lefties out.
No way you blow Hector or Abreu in the 1st. Stanek would be a roll of the dice. It could work. It could go Kablooie.
Stanek has been an opener before.
The Porkchop Express
jkag89 said:

Quote:

Impressive. Most Impressive.

I didn't see Star Wars for the first time till sometime that fall. I do remember seeing the long lines on the pedestrian bridge over the Loop at the Gulf Gate Mall on the way to the Dome to see the 'Stros.
That's where I saw it the first time. The fateful weekend it came out in May '77, my dad got my brother and I from school and took us right to it after hearing about it on the radio. He was working as an oil tanker mate back then and had to go back to the ship for 3 months about 2 weeks later, so he took us to see it 7 times in those 2 weeks. My mom was thrilled.
First Page Last Page
Page 2745 of 3281

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.