***Official Houston Astros 2022-23 Offseason Thread***

1,016,284 Views | 12340 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Beat40
Beat40
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Farmer1906 said:

Man, as someone who HAS kept up with this closely until now, this is just… odd.

I'm starting to wonder if they didn't see eye to eye on JV earlier this year.
Mr.Bond
AG
EastCoastAgNc said:

MarathonAg12 said:

Which one of you is this?
If you buy them through the chronicle's site, it's $30 + $10 shipping. Sadly it's not that big of a ripoff

30 for a poster or the actual paper
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

MAGA

screw-tu
Seattle definitely earned the crown of most whiny ass fan base this year. With some stiff competition from Philadelphia.
AstroAggie15
AG
EastCoastAgNc said:

MarathonAg12 said:

If you buy them through the chronicle's site, it's $30 + $10 shipping. Sadly it's not that big of a ripoff

This is the chronicles only time to actually make money off print these days
EastCoastAgNc
AG
Mr.Bond said:

EastCoastAgNc said:

MarathonAg12 said:

$30 for all the covers of the paper.

https://houston-chronicle.myshopify.com/products/2022-set-of-all-3-november-6th-newspaper-editions
Mr.Bond
AG
EastCoastAgNc said:

Mr.Bond said:

EastCoastAgNc said:

MarathonAg12 said:

$30 for all the covers of the paper.

https://houston-chronicle.myshopify.com/products/2022-set-of-all-3-november-6th-newspaper-editions

The pictures in link certainly don't look like newspaper quality. I'm guessing those are on more of a cardstock?
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

MAGA

jopatura
AG
Beat40 said:

Farmer1906 said:

Man, as someone who HAS kept up with this closely until now, this is just… odd.

I'm starting to wonder if they didn't see eye to eye on JV earlier this year.

I think it was the Myles Straw trade, done solely to piss off Dusty. Click drew a line in the sand and at the end of the day, Crane chose Dusty. It happens in business sometimes.

It also doesn't make sense to me that Dusty vetoed Contreras for being in his contract year when Vazquez was also in a contract year… unless he really just wanted to keep Urquidy, but he's still most valuable now as trade bait.
Mr.Bond
AG
You don't give up a solid starter with 3 years of ARB left for a rental catcher

MAGA

jopatura
AG
I get that, but that was not the whole point of floating that story out there. Someone wanted us to know Click & Dusty didn't see eye to eye on rental players. Then Click got another rental catcher, even if the terms were more favorable to us.
EastCoastAgNc
AG
Buck Compton
AG
EastCoastAgNc said:

Sounds like paralysis by analysis to get as sure as possible vs. acting on the best info you have, even if it's only 75%.

I definitely side with Crane there. Analytics is only as good as the decisions it supports. If you just keep analyzing and never get to the decision point, it's useless.

You have to marry the art and the science.
bearkatag15
AG

I'd prefer him split time at DH.
texasaggie2015
AG
Big Al 1992
AG
n_touch said:

Marvin said:

n_touch said:

BeowulfShaeffer said:

Ragnar Danneskjoldd said:

heard orbit's contract is up. Junction jack just waiting in the wings.
Can anyone dig up Chester Charge?

He may need to go on a tumbler with the Dome logo

Now you can take my money!

That's awesome!Link for this one?
Beat40
jopatura said:

I get that, but that was not the whole point of floating that story out there. Someone wanted us to know Click & Dusty didn't see eye to eye on rental players. Then Click got another rental catcher, even if the terms were more favorable to us.
3 points:

1) Make Click look silly for presenting to Crane a trade offer of Urquidy for Contreras
2) Dusty being a better manager of people
3) Crane siding with Dusty
Big Al 1992
AG
I'd say Houston is a baseball town. This is crazy. And I love it!

tjack16
AG
So a big key for next season IMO is can Jeremy Pena get his OBP up.

135 strikeouts vs 23 walks. Those numbers need to get closer together. If he can do that in front of Yordan/Bregman… watch out. He could be looking at an all star game or silver slugger if that OBP gets higher and the slugging stays the same
Wabs
AG
screw-tu said:

Seattle definitely earned the crown of most whiny ass fan base this year. With some stiff competition from Philadelphia.
Yankees?? Assume you overlooked them because they're always #1.
MaxPower
Any word on Yordan's hand? I'd almost prefer there was word about a surgery vs guessing whether it will be recurring another year.
dshedd41
S
I went to the academy by our house and the selection was so much better than at Dick's Sporting Goods. Got some new gear too.
Gig’em Aggies!
MarathonAg12
Very nice. Academy for the win.

Also, my new low profile 5950 is fits a tad loose and it's the same size as my 2017 WS cap which is almost TOO tight.

I guess that's a good thing haha
EastCoastAgNc
AG

This is the best one yet
dshedd41
S
We're a baseball town and have been for awhile.
Gig’em Aggies!
n_touch
I would have thought Freeman was an LA guy. Good for him
Harry Dunne
Mr.Bond said:

Correct.

Because of our embarrassment of pitching riches for so many years now, Urquidy has been undervalued by fans.

He's probably the #3 or 4 on every playoff team but ours. Combine that with the team control and it's a no-brainer to keep him. While he doesn't have the stuff Framber has, they are on the same type of career trajectory. I wouldn't be surprised to see Urquidy have a breakout season in 2023 and either way IMO the best is yet to come for him.
scd88
AG
Hell yes that was awesome.
Farmer1906
AG
Mr.Bond said:

The rest of baseball didn't bat an eye when they read deal.
AustinCountyAg
jopatura said:

I think Yuli stays and becomes the utility infielder. He's played a handful of 2B & 3B over the years.
hell to the no. This is a terrible idea. Yuli is 38 years old (supposedly). Absolutely insane to think you want to let him see significant time at SS, 2b, 3b. Not to mention with no shifts next year having infielders with range becomes a huge asset, and yuli does not have range anymore.
EastCoastAgNc
AG
n_touch said:

I would have thought Freeman was an LA guy. Good for him

It's not him, it's an impersonator
EastCoastAgNc
AG
Farmer1906
AG
AustinCountyAg said:

jopatura said:

I think Yuli stays and becomes the utility infielder. He's played a handful of 2B & 3B over the years.
hell to the no. This is a terrible idea. Yuli is 38 years old (supposedly). Absolutely insane to think you want to let him see significant time at SS, 2b, 3b. Not to mention with no shifts next year having infielders with range becomes a huge asset, and yuli does not have range anymore.
Yup. If anything we should want to upgrade on defense to cover more on the right side this season. Altuve is getting older and doesn't have the greatest range.

People are thinking with their hearts. We all love Yuli. He's meant a ton to this franchise and fanbase for the last 7 years.
Farmer1906
AG
EastCoastAgNc said:

EastCoastAgNc
AG
k20dub
All I do is Nguyen
Damn. I was really hoping we bring him back
No matter what
First Page Last Page
Page 10 of 353

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.