***** Official Houston Astros 2019 Season Thread *****

6,848,597 Views | 74452 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by PSully97
Ags #1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Reminds me of jason lane. Guy would pop homeruns when we were up or down by 10.
Ags #1
AG
Stasis sucks so bad. Wish we had anyone else that was worth a crap as a backup catcher
JABQ04
AG
Stassi blows.
JABQ04
AG
I'm really just hanging on to see Jake bat next inning
Marvin
AG
Stassi is making Maldonado look like a silver slugger. He's terrible with a bat.
JABQ04
AG
Atta boy Jake.
Beat40
Seriously. What the hell Springer.

Edit for I know he smoked the ball, but at least watch a pitch.
bearkatag15
AG
Well that was a **** inning
W
AG
for the folks that love the "run differential" statistic...

the A's will have a better season run differential than the Astros after tonight
Ags #1
AG
Alvarez is human
W
AG
Cahill with a near head shot at White
Beat40
F the Angels.

Gotta start taking advantage of those men on base!
W
AG
Angels are now 5-0 post-all-star break.

the A's move to within 4 games in the loss column.

obviously a huge start for Cole tomorrow
W
AG
one month ago on June 16th...the Astros had a 12-game lead in the standings over Oakland.

it's down to 4 1/2.

Homer Bailey makes his debut for the A's on Wednesday
bearkatag15
AG
Ags #1
AG
To talk about how they have a 3 man rotation and Jv, Cole and Miley will need to pitch on 3 days rest?
iBrad
AG
Hats off to the pitching staff after Rondon's suckage. I want to blame the offense, but sequencing is not a skill. We moved 18 guys into scoring position last night and just couldn't buy a hit when needed. It wasn't for lack of hard contact, either. Sometimes you just need a little luck to fall your way. Keep swinging it like we did last night and we'll be fine.
tremble
AG
Team is in a funk thanks to the pitching chaos. Hard to have a short memory and play when you are giving up 5 runs in the first two innings. Guys are pressing and it shows.
Ag_07
AG
Damn I called it a night before the fireworks.

A) That's some Busch league bullshlt. Plunk his in the hip, hell throw completely behind him but throwing high and in is a uncalled for.

B) I would hope the Astros wouldn't let this die. You have to stand up for Jake and back your guy. Suspension, ejection, whatever. No way you let them get off the hook or that. Pujols or Upton or someone should wear one tonight. Hell go all Nuke Laloosh and let fly into the dugout towards Ausmus.

With all that said it's probably over. With what we're dealing with and the way AJ handles things this is probably done.

Hmmm...Maybe AJ isn't done

Quote:

"I mean, the entire industry was probably expecting it," Hinch said. "Our guy got suspended for an unintentional act, and they got a free shot. ... We'll see if there's discipline. And without discipline, there's not going to be any issue doing it the next time. If retaliations are in, cool. We're well aware."

"He knew he was gonna get hit," Hinch said. "Their guys talk about it, our guys talk about it. This was not a surprise. I wish they would've handled it better. It was too high. If they're gonna hit guys, they need to hit guys the right way. They don't need to throw two sliders, and then throw a guy a neck ball. That's not right. That's not the right way to do it, even if you're allowed to do it, which apparently you are nowadays."
superaggie73
AG
Hinch's words say it perfectly. Let's just hope he keeps his word if MLB doesn't step up with an ejection.
n_touch
Quote:

Hell go all Nuke Laloosh and let fly into the dugout towards Ausmus.
Would have already done this. and have been saying this. This whole situation is on Ausmus. From the minute this happened he was painting Jake as this dirty player and that fed into all of this. Ausmus playing it off after the game like it was an accident that Jake was hit was crap. It should have happened on the first pitch that Jake saw last night. Instead he knew that Joe Torre said there could be no retaliation and they tried to disguise it as "accident" so there would be no punishment. Now it is up to Torre to see if he is going to be true to his word.

AustinCountyAg
For all y'all calling on a retaliation for throwing at Jakes head need to calm down. If the Astros did that 100% chance benche will clear and fists will fly. Not sure about y'all but I don't want to see Bregs, Altuve, etc suspended or get hurt over something stupid like that. We are already sucking enough right now. Can't afford to have stupid suspensions or injuries over this.
Frok
AG
I think hitting a guy with a pitch is a pretty passive-aggressive retaliation. If you don't like what he did then approach him face to face about it. Pegging him is childish.
Kashchei
AG
superaggie73 said:

Hinch's words say it perfectly. Let's just hope he keeps his word if MLB doesn't step up with an ejection.

MLB ain't gonna do ****
EastCoastAgNc
AG
They also had runners sliding way off the basepaths at altuve on double plays last night. This series is gonna get ugly. The Astros pitchers can't really go after the angels hittters because the first guy who does is gonna get tossed and suspended, and with the state of our bullpen/rotation, we can't afford that. Unfortunately, I don't think we've seen the end if this.
EastCoastAgNc
AG
superaggie73 said:

His verbiage was slightly more colorful than the content filters would allow.
Farmer1906
AG
Let's not have Cole send the message. We can't afford him getting tossed or suspended.
carpediem13
AG
Sounds like the perfect opportunity for Tyler White to take the mound. We send a message, he gets ejected/suspended. I see it as a win/win.
Ag_07
AG
At the rate we're sending guys back and forth to RR there someone who come in and throw a heater into someone's hip.

However, they suck and I'm not sure they could that their spot. That's a chance you have to be willing to take.
Farmer1906
AG
carpediem13 said:

Sounds like the perfect opportunity for Tyler White to take the mound. We send a message, he gets ejected/suspended. I see it as a win/win.
What message would that be? What's it like to get hit with a fastball from a 15-year-old?
Ag12thman
AG
What a joke. Marisnik did nothing intentional and was trying to win the game. Angels are just crybabies. Let's finally get a win over these jackasses tonight.
CFTXAG10
AG
This needs to end the suspension of Jake by MLB. If they have the stones to do it they should let him win his appeal and everyone be done with it.
Unemployed
AG
Ironic that Ausmus is now arguing that the pitch was unintentional so there shouldn't be any repercussions.

EAD Ausmus. You were a sht player and now you're a sht manager.
Wabs
AG
Ag12thman said:

What a joke. Marisnik did nothing intentional and was trying to win the game. Angels are just crybabies. Let's finally get a win over these jackasses tonight.
This. First, Jake should have never been suspended for an unintentional collision. All you have to do is look at the replay and its clear it wasn't intentional. But, he was suspended. Was that enough for the Angels? No. They have to throw a neck ball to him. That's some bush league BS. The MLB should suspend that pitcher for an INTENTIONAL act.
Deluxe
AG
I kinda hope we just go out and take care of business tonight. Then when Hinch is inevitably asked about it after the game, I hope he says something really condescending like:

Look, we've won 100 games back to back years and will likely do the same this year. They've made the playoffs once in, what, 10 years? They're clearly an organization desperate for a spark. Desperate for relevance. We're not interested in dropping to their level to "even the score". We're looking forward to remainder of the season and playing baseball deep into October, again.

EDIT: This is assuming Ramirez gets suspended. If he doesn't, I can see more credence in a retaliation.
First Page Last Page
Page 621 of 2128

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.