***** Official Houston Astros 2019 Season Thread *****

3,743,716 Views | 74451 Replies | Last: 25 days ago by PSully97
W
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
payback will have to wait until the Angels next trip to MMP in late August.

as previously mentioned the Astros cannot afford to have Cole or Miley suspended. The team desperately needs to win these next 2 games and slow down both the A's' and Angels' momentum
W
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
and looking at LAAA's upcoming schedule...

after the series vs. the Astros...10 of their next 12 games are against the Mariners, Orioles, and Tigers.

they will have a shot to make a playoff run
Ags #1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
After reading the espn article I hate Ausmus even more. "First pitch was a strike so if her would have hit that we would even be talking about it". Bs brad
Teddy Perkins
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Covers both sides of the argument pretty well.

https://www.mlb.com/video/mlb-tonight-marisnick-hbp
astros4545
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Ags #1 said:

After reading the espn article I hate Ausmus even more. "First pitch was a strike so if her would have hit that we would even be talking about it". Bs brad


Deluxe
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
A batter going to the plate looking for heat inside is never going to swing at a first pitch breaking ball away.
Frok
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Ausmus is a coward. Why not just admit you are trying to send a message?
Beat40
How long do you want to ignore this user?
astros4545 said:

Ags #1 said:

After reading the espn article I hate Ausmus even more. "First pitch was a strike so if her would have hit that we would even be talking about it". Bs brad



They just have to say stuff to try to drum up plausible deniability.

Everyone with a brain knows Noe had control all night. Also, the only Astro player to get HBP is Jake, in the first game he plays in the series? Yeah, everyone knows the intent.

I wish Noe would just come out and say he intended to hit him like Cole Hamels did. None of this, the ball slipped out of my hand garbage.
Beat40
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Teddy Perkins said:

Covers both sides of the argument pretty well.

https://www.mlb.com/video/mlb-tonight-marisnick-hbp
Don't really have time to watch - what's the jist of the arguements?
Ag_07
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Basically what we're all saying.

One of those idiots says the Astros needed to shut up and had no right to chirp after Jake got plunked.

Brynes says they did because Jake's collision with Lucroy was a baseball play that happened in a split second and was the result of a bad play and bad decision but throwing high at him is unacceptable. As players on the team they have every right to (and should) get Jake's back.

Idiot ass continues to think that our guys were whining and needed to sit back and basically let it play out because it's part of the game and Jake had it coming.
cpsencik04
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Teddy Perkins said:

Covers both sides of the argument pretty well.

https://www.mlb.com/video/mlb-tonight-marisnick-hbp


The commentator came off really bad in that discussion in my opinion. The two former players I thought did a great job of breaking it down and they did everything except say the word Torre was wrong but they definitely believe that. And they believe everything after it as it happened was justified. I'd love to hear their take on Ausmus' chick s**t response to it being an accident.
Water Turkey07
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
And if they don't at least chirp a little bit it sends the message that throwing at the earholes of their teammate is okay.

I think Byrnes also said if he catches one in the hip then they shouldn't really be chirping, but he took one to the head area.
Ag_07
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Yep. And I think Eric Brynes is a major tool and I'm not a fan at all, but I agree with him 100% on this.

That other idiot was trying to argue that you can't assume he was trying to throw at his head and that if you're assuming the throw was intentional then you have to assume Jake mowing over Lucroy was intentional.

That whole take by that Amsinger dude was Skip Bayless/Stephen A Smith level stupidity.
DVC2010
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
AustinCountyAg said:

For all y'all calling on a retaliation for throwing at Jakes head need to calm down. If the Astros did that 100% chance benche will clear and fists will fly. Not sure about y'all but I don't want to see Bregs, Altuve, etc suspended or get hurt over something stupid like that. We are already sucking enough right now. Can't afford to have stupid suspensions or injuries over this.

This. We have so much more to lose than the Halos.
Deluxe
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Ag_07 said:

Yep. And I think Eric Brynes is a major tool and I'm not a fan at all, but I agree with him 100% on this.

That other idiot was trying to argue that you can't assume he was trying to throw at his head and that if you're assuming the throw was intentional then you have to assume Jake mowing over Lucroy was intentional.

That whole take by that Amsinger dude was Skip Bayless/Stephen A Smith level stupidity.
Yep. He basically tried to claim you can't prove he threw at his head because it hit his shoulder, but the only reason it hit his shoulder is because his shoulder moved up to block it from hitting his head. If Jake had just stood there and not made an effort to get out of the way, it would have hit his head.

And trying to equate the intentionality of the two plays is nothing more than laughable.
EastCoastAgNc
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG

Ag12thman
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I think we have a new #1 rival in the ******* Angels at this point. And can we remove Ausmus from all historical Astros records at this point, too? He's trash.
Ag12thman
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
It's now a top thread for the morning in the Premium forum. Lotta Rangers haters saying ridiculous stuff it seems:

https://texags.com/forums/25/topics/3046118/replies/54582619
EastCoastAgNc
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
https://sportstalk790.iheart.com/featured/houston-sports-news/content/2019-07-17-jeff-luhnow-the-best-way-to-get-revenge-is-to-win-tonight/
Keeper of The Spirits
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
How about Altuve ditching the bat to get ready to brawl?

This is exactly the way it was supposed to happen. To be fair, they should have hit him with the first pitch of his first at bat. Don't be a ***** and try to have an excuse. And yes suspension should be over turned, debt paid. Hopefully this puts some fire under our ass.
rosco511
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
If MLB wants to discipline Jake, then it better also discipline their guy for hitting Jake. Angels should not be able to have it both ways. Collisions at the plate were always part of the game (and were even celebrated at times, see Pete Rose in allstar game) and were not penalized in anyway until Posey got hurt, so I consider this reaction from the Angels to be very whiny, especially after MLB already stepped in with discipline.
Ag_07
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Apparently MLB told AJ back when they suspended Jake that retaliation on either side would result in suspension.

If they don't then they have egg on their face and this is gonna get ugly for them.
Deluxe
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
EastCoastAgNc said:

https://sportstalk790.iheart.com/featured/houston-sports-news/content/2019-07-17-jeff-luhnow-the-best-way-to-get-revenge-is-to-win-tonight/
I like that he said we need to pick up "at least" one more starter.
JABQ04
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Ag12thman said:

It's now a top thread for the morning in the Premium forum. Lotta Rangers haters saying ridiculous stuff it seems:

https://texags.com/forums/25/topics/3046118/replies/54582619



Paraphrase for those of us poors who don't have stars.
Keeper of The Spirits
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Acknowledging that Albert Pujols is a great player, seemingly good guy, statesman for the game, and it would be cheap and classless but if Tyler White would have knocked his teeth down his throat when he started jawing, I'd have given him a spot on the 40 man until Bonilla is done getting paid

Also if Jakes suspension isn't overturned or No Dick Rameriz isn't suspended by game time, start Devo and drill the first batter. Then bring in Cole
Jackal99
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
carpediem13 said:

Sounds like the perfect opportunity for Tyler White to take the mound. We send a message, he gets ejected/suspended. I see it as a win/win.


And the 70 mph ball wouldn't hurt that much
Ag12thman
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
JABQ04 said:

Ag12thman said:

It's now a top thread for the morning in the Premium forum. Lotta Rangers haters saying ridiculous stuff it seems:

https://texags.com/forums/25/topics/3046118/replies/54582619



Paraphrase for those of us poors who don't have stars.
It's up to page 4, so that would take some work. Basically, Astros fans are pointing out the facts/details of what Marisnick did (unintentional with no malice, which was evident by his showing concern for Lucroy after it happened). Rangers fans are refusing to acknowledge this and arguing with stupidity (probably trolling or just showing hate for the Astros).
Ag12thman
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
It was now locked and moved to the Premium Pub forum. It was headed for 10 pages fast as it had basically turned into a secondary Astros - Rangers trash talk thread.
Troutslime
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG

[Keep the political crap off of this thread. -Staff]
Troutslime
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Keeper of The Spirits said:

How about Altuve ditching the bat to get ready to brawl?

This is exactly the way it was supposed to happen. To be fair, they should have hit him with the first pitch of his first at bat. Don't be a ***** and try to have an excuse. And yes suspension should be over turned, debt paid. Hopefully this puts some fire under our ass.


I think they waited so Jake would be focused on getting out of the way instead of hitting.
Ag_07
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Troutslime said:

Keeper of The Spirits said:

How about Altuve ditching the bat to get ready to brawl?

This is exactly the way it was supposed to happen. To be fair, they should have hit him with the first pitch of his first at bat. Don't be a ***** and try to have an excuse. And yes suspension should be over turned, debt paid. Hopefully this puts some fire under our ass.


I think they waited so Jake would be focused on getting out of the way instead of hitting.

And got him looking low and away with the first 2 pitched being 2 sliders low and off the plate.

Complete trash move
Charlie Conway
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Troutslime said:

Keeper of The Spirits said:

How about Altuve ditching the bat to get ready to brawl?

This is exactly the way it was supposed to happen. To be fair, they should have hit him with the first pitch of his first at bat. Don't be a ***** and try to have an excuse. And yes suspension should be over turned, debt paid. Hopefully this puts some fire under our ass.


I think they waited so Jake would be focused on getting out of the way instead of hitting.
Doesn't matter if he's focused on hitting if you're just gonna plunk him. Like was said above me, they wanted to change his eye level looking at low pitches and then go high on him.
mwm
How long do you want to ignore this user?
My closing (hopefully) thoughts on Jake:

1. Jake took what he didn't deserve like a man. Proud of him for that.

2. This whole thing is Torre/MLB fault. After the collision, it didn't take NY 15 seconds to review the play & reverse the outcome. Absolute knee-jerk reaction. They could have taken time, examined the whole play & ruled. They didn't do that. They wanted to make someone an example. They ruled based on emotion which rarely provides a well, thought out answer.

3. As far as I am concerned, it's over. If the "little angels" want to continue, then one of the gets a rib shot. But not up around the head.

4. Ausmus needs to grow a pair.

Just my thoughts.
Farmer1906
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG

Quote:

Rangers president of baseball operations Jon Daniels indicated today that he is not willing to rule out a trade of top starter Mike Minor, as TR Sullivan of MLB.com was among those to cover on Twitter.

While Daniels also made clear he isn't particularly inclined to move the organization's best pitcher, it's notable that he's adopting such an open stance on the subject at this point of the season. With just over two weeks to go until the trade deadline, the Rangers are still sitting just 2.5 games out of Wild Card position. Though the eight-game gap in the division likely can't be bridged, it's not inconceivable that the Texas club will be in shouting distance by the end of the month.

All things considered, it's a practical and realistic position to take for the Rangers' top baseball decisionmaker. When he addressed the club's deadline stance a month ago, Daniels said he intended to "stay true to our mind-set of trying to balance, continue to place a priority on the next few years." He wouldn't be swayed much by the standings, he further indicated, explaining: "overall we know which direction we're going in."
Minor would be an okay option if the price was low enough. He's been great this year, but he's overachieving a little. He's affordable and under contract for next year as well.

I have a hard time believing they'll want to trade inside the division, but we'd be stupid not to at least check things out.

BMX Bandit
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Minor would be a fantastic addition, but given its in-division, and rangers think they are close to being contender, the price demanded would likely be much more than the value.