***** Official Houston Astros 2019 Season Thread *****

irish pete ag06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
And don't forget that July 31 is important, but not the end. Justin Verlander was Aug 31 at 11:59 PM.
Farmer1906
AG
irish pete ag06 said:

And don't forget that July 31 is important, but not the end. Justin Verlander was Aug 31 at 11:59 PM.
I think it pretty much is this year. Didn't they change the rules?
irish pete ag06
AG
Crap, maybe they did. I have 2 kids now and man I can't keep up anymore.
n_touch
Nah, we will just tell them Irish Pete said it was ok.
Farmer1906
AG
irish pete ag06 said:

Just for reference.

Quote:

Effective Immediately

• There will be no trades after July 31. August trade waivers have been eliminated, though players can still be placed on and claimed from outright waivers, as they would throughout the rest of the year.

• All-Star voting will still be conducted by fans online, but the top three players at each position, in each league, will now participate in an All-Star Election Day. The top three vote-getters at each position, in each league, (top six in the case of outfielders) will receive bonus payments.
  • The Home Run Derby will now come with $2.5MM of prize money, including a $1MM prize for the winner.
  • The maximum number of mound visits per game will be reduced from six to five.
  • Commercial breaks between innings are reduced to two minutes in length for all games.
  • The MLB and MLBPA will form a "Joint Committee" to discuss further issues and rule changes.

gougler08
AG
Farmer1906 said:

irish pete ag06 said:

Just for reference.

Quote:

Effective Immediately

• There will be no trades after July 31. August trade waivers have been eliminated, though players can still be placed on and claimed from outright waivers, as they would throughout the rest of the year.

• All-Star voting will still be conducted by fans online, but the top three players at each position, in each league, will now participate in an All-Star Election Day. The top three vote-getters at each position, in each league, (top six in the case of outfielders) will receive bonus payments.
  • The Home Run Derby will now come with $2.5MM of prize money, including a $1MM prize for the winner.
  • The maximum number of mound visits per game will be reduced from six to five.
  • Commercial breaks between innings are reduced to two minutes in length for all games.
  • The MLB and MLBPA will form a "Joint Committee" to discuss further issues and rule changes.

There was some loophole about you could still trade for minor leaguers, but I'd assume that won't be seen often
tremble
AG
Farmer1906 said:

AustinCountyAg said:

I'm trying to remember which poster it was during spring training who kept stroking our back end starters claiming we had the best #4 and #5 starters in MLB???
That was me.

Peacock and McHugh were killing it. Both started to struggle and went to the IL.

And you weren't wrong either really. Between those two, Whitley, Framber, Armenteros, Bukauskas, etc. you probably figured at least ONE of those guys was going to be a serviceable starter. We just got hosed on Whitley's immaturity, the injury bug, and some of those guys just flat out not performing.
cpsencik04
AG
Devo and Rodon...
bearkatag15
AG

https://www.baseball-reference.com/players/m/morinmi01.shtml

Lunhow... get on this
Farmer1906
AG
bearkatag15 said:

Lunhow... get on this
bearkatag15
AG
22 IP with a 3.18 ERA and a WHIP under 1.0. Most of the bullpen now don't touch those numbers
Farmer1906
AG
bearkatag15 said:

22 IP with a 3.18 ERA and a WHIP under 1.0. Most of the bullpen now don't touch those numbers
You're looking at a 22.2 inning sample size. His ERA was just under 7 last year (4 IP) and over 7 the year before (20 IP).

cpsencik04
AG
bearkatag15 said:

Lunhow... get on this

Is he a starter or a reliever? If a starter, Let's give them white for him straight up....if they press it kemp as wel
Deluxe
AG
He's 28 years old and wasn't groomed by our minor league pitching development program. I'm in.
bearkatag15
AG
You are probably right but it's still worth looking at. To add an arm without giving up anything seems like something Lunhow would be all over.

If this guy is right then it seems this years success has basically been luck

Page 612 of 612

Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.