***** Official Houston Astros 2019 Season Thread *****

6,847,156 Views | 74452 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by PSully97
AggiEE
How long do you want to ignore this user?
MAROON
AG
Lunhow is going to get absolutely raped at the trade deadline. Every GM in the league who is selling is just waiting for his phone call

Silent For Too Long
Aggie8587 said:

Luhnow was quoted saying he was "looking for immediate pitching help", which means before the deadline. So you'd be incorrect there

Of course he is. But if no one is willing to sell at a reasonable price yet nothing is going to happen yet.
EastCoastAgNc
AG
If rondon keeps this up, he might get released before the season is over.
W
AG
Jake due up 4th
The D
AG
I remember when Martin was disappointing giving up 3 runs through 3 innings. Hell that would be incredible to have that kind is start now !
Beat40
Farmer1906 said:

Well, we got here tonight because Peacock was expected to make this start, but he reinjured his shoulder or whatever.

As a whole
  • didn't sign DK or CFM
  • LMJ had Tommy John
  • McHugh & Peacock choked rotation spots and spent some time on the IL
  • Whitley decided he wanted to party like a frat boy and waste an opportunity
  • JB & Martin aren't ready yet
  • Framer and a few others just aren't good enough
  • James was injured enough to compete for a rotation spot and just moved/stayed in the bullpen

Basically, the only things that has gone to plan is Miley being good and our two aces not getting hurt.

This is the only area where I think JL did too much wishful thinking. He had to know it was going to be difficult to replace CFM, DK, and LMJ.

A buddy of mine who no longer works for the Astros said they were pretty much out on CFM because they were concerned with his shoulder. I'm retrospect, I do bet they wish they handled that a little differently.

In my opinion, I think JL bet too much on young, unproven MLB talent.
CFTXAG10
AG
After doing a quick search of @jluhnow it's safe to say Jeff has quite a few twitter messages to sort through
AggiEE
EastCoastAgNc said:

If rondon keeps this up, he might get released before the season is over.

Yeah I dunno if we can risk using him in the playoffs. I hope Joe Smith does alright so we don't need to see Devo or Rondon at all
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno
AG
Honestly devo has come around and got his **** mostly together
Rondon can suck a dick
Farmer1906
AG
We've been pretty on point when it comes to passing on pitchers about to get injured. CFM looks like a huge miss. DK doesn't yet.

We had ana ll time great rotation last year. We don't need to replicate that. Between Miley, McHugh, Peacock, James, Whitley, JB, and Martin we should have been able to find 3 serviceable starters. We found 1.
the last of the bohemians
So again, what kind of pitcher can the astros get for tucker? Let's not pretend that is not the bait.
dshedd41
S
6-0 top of the second
Gig’em Aggies!
Beat40
Offense just needs to keep plugging away at this point.

It's disapponting that last night they said we were around 20th at hitting with runners in scoring position.
Farmer1906
AG
the last of the bohemians said:

So again, what kind of pitcher can the astros get for tucker? Let's not pretend that is not the bait.
A damn good one.

Who do you plan on starting in the OF in 2021 and after?
tamuwx
AG
This team is in a bad way right now....
agcat
AG
Probably can get a damned good one for Correa. Let some other team put him on the DL.
Aggie95
AG
There's just not going to be much pitching available I'm afraid. There are only a handful of definite sellers and their rosters are so bad they have no help to offer.
W
AG
here's Jake
Kashchei
AG
CFTXAG10 said:

After doing a quick search of @jluhnow it's safe to say Jeff has quite a few twitter messages to sort through

YellAg2004
AG
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno said:

Honestly devo has come around and got his **** mostly together
Rondon can suck a dick
Devo was terrible Sunday in Arlington.
W
AG
and the boos
W
AG
can hear fans yelling "bean him"
JABQ04
AG
I definitely heard a "Bean him"
CFTXAG10
AG
Haha a**holes
JABQ04
AG
Good on Jake for the basehit
The D
AG
Can never get the big hit anymore
n_touch
Jake with the bat
Gap
AG
A tired team will be even more tired after tonight. The bullpen is going to be destroyed. And the destruction occurs in games where the white flag was waved. At what point does recovering from the tiredness become uncertain?

I still don't understand why we didn't play to win last night with a 3-0 led knowing what pitching was coming on Tuesday. A split on Monday and Tuesday would have been great. The odds were in our favor on Monday at 3-0.

Why was Cy Sneed sent to Round Rock?
iBrad
AG
Astros have hit the ball better than the Angels this game. Just not timely with them or lucky with where they're going.
Farmer1906
AG
The D said:

Can never get the big hit anymore
We have some short memories.

cablinaggie
AG
Do we lead the league in LOBs? Because it seems like we lead the fkin universe in LOBs.
Beat40
Farmer1906 said:

We've been pretty on point when it comes to passing on pitchers about to get injured. CFM looks like a huge miss. DK doesn't yet.

We had ana ll time great rotation last year. We don't need to replicate that. Between Miley, McHugh, Peacock, James, Whitley, JB, and Martin we should have been able to find 3 serviceable starters. We found 1.

I don't disagree with you on passing on players about to get injured. I also figured we were going to let DK walk. Can't be upset with that one.

I wouldn't expect to replicate last year's rotation. However, I would expect JL to be realistic about two guys who you saw performed better in the BP in 2017 and 2018, and then relying on 3 AAA players, one who lost most of last season due to suspension.

I'm just saying I think he gambled a lot at the beginning of the season.

I still trust the guy to make the right moves.
the last of the bohemians
As much hate is going at Correa, he is the straw that makes us have infinity better defense as all infielders get to stay in the position they are comfortable playing. Who cares about 2021, when you are 1 starter from having the most talented team in baseball (aka becoming the World Series favorite). Tucker is probably getting traded if front office is serious about being a champion.
Ag_07
AG
Farmer1906 said:

the last of the bohemians said:

A damn good one.

Who do you plan on starting in the OF in 2021 and after?

That's 3 years away. We have time to figure that out.

We have 2 weeks to find pitching.

But hey...Our AAA can rake!!!
First Page Last Page
Page 615 of 2128

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.