***** Official Houston Astros 2019 Season Thread *****

StoutAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I must've been wasted on Friday night at the game when I had a hallucination that the Astros were scoring runs all over the place.
AgSportsFan89
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Rip Astros Offense, Mid April 2019 - June 16th 2019.
W
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Bregman...time to break out
Frok
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
AgSportsFan89 said:

Rip Astros Offense, Mid April 2019 - June 16th 2019.


I'm sure this will age well
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
And straw just picking daisies again
W
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
there we go!

we have a ballgame
bearkatag15
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
W said:

Bregman...time to break out


Boom
spadilly
How long do you want to ignore this user?
S
Alex!
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Frok said:

AgSportsFan89 said:

Rip Astros Offense, Mid April 2019 - June 16th 2019.


I'm sure this will age well


Still fresh
dlance
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Bregxit!
AgSportsFan89
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Frok said:

AgSportsFan89 said:

Rip Astros Offense, Mid April 2019 - June 16th 2019.


I'm sure this will age well
Whatever it takes!
dshedd14
How long do you want to ignore this user?
S
FanSided-House of Houston Contributor
http://houseofhouston.com/author/dshedd/
n_touch
How long do you want to ignore this user?
That kid was awesome
cap-n-jack
How long do you want to ignore this user?
0 fer 10 goes yard
W
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Alex with a clean 20 HR & 50 RBI
spadilly
How long do you want to ignore this user?
S
MB, Professional Hitter.
Gap
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Beat40 said:

Problem is, who should lead off if not bregs?
With what is available today, I would say Straw, Marisnick, or Kemp. None are perfect. I just want there to be a better chance he bats with runners on base and the NL park lineups with the pitcher batting 9th really changes it.
Frok
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
AgSportsFan89 said:

Frok said:

AgSportsFan89 said:

Rip Astros Offense, Mid April 2019 - June 16th 2019.


I'm sure this will age well
Whatever it takes!


What you did there, I see it
W
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
brutal game for Chirinos.

0 for 2 w/RISP and a GiDP in another at-bat
bearkatag15
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Well it'll be up to White, Kemp and Reddick.
Gap
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
The 2 pitches Chirinos swung at in that K were a foot off the plate. Why throw a strike if he is going to swing at pitches that aren't close.
Gap
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
bearkatag15 said:

Well it'll be up to White, Kemp and Reddick.
And if we get to a 4th batter, Stubbs (.182) and Mayfield (.143) are all that is left on the bench. I guess it would be Mayfield as he hit well over the weekend and I'm sure they want to save the backup catcher for an emergency.
Farmer1906
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Gap said:

The 2 pitches Chirinos swung at in that K were a foot off the plate. Why throw a strike if he is going to swing at pitches that aren't close.


Posts like this crack me up. You've never been in the box against as half way decent pitcher, have you?

I would recommend you follow Rob Friedman (Pitching Ninja) on Twitter. See just how nasty these pitches are.
Farmer1906
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Random thought: without looking at the #s, is Joey Votto a HOFer?
Buck Compton
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Farmer1906 said:

Random thought: without looking at the #s, is Joey Votto a HOFer?
**** no.
W
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
bearkatag15 said:

Well it'll be up to White, Kemp and Reddick.
gotta get it to Bregman
Farmer1906
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Bang bang. Let's got some runs.
Buck Compton
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Buck Compton said:

Farmer1906 said:

Random thought: without looking at the #s, is Joey Votto a HOFer?
**** no.
And yes, I know this was likely a trap, but last time I looked, he hadn't accumulated stats at the right level and definitely hasn't had any signature moments.
mathguy86
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Farmer1906 said:

Random thought: without looking at the #s, is Joey Votto a HOFer?


If Fat Elvis couldn't garner 5% and stay on the ballot and Joey Votto gets in the HOF, I will personally volunteer to lace that building with C4 and shoot off the det cord.
bearkatag15
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Weird defensive alignment for the reds
Gap
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Farmer1906 said:

Gap said:

The 2 pitches Chirinos swung at in that K were a foot off the plate. Why throw a strike if he is going to swing at pitches that aren't close.

Posts like this crack me up. You've never been in the box against as half way decent pitcher, have you?

I would recommend you follow Rob Friedman (Pitching Ninja) on Twitter. See just how nasty these pitches are.
Actually, I have. Just in the senior season playoffs, I faced 2 guys that made the bigs. I don't think I had a hit against the first one but scored the winning run after working a walk and stealing 2nd. Against the second one, I led off the game with a single. I think that was my only hit against either of those 2 guys. We lost the state championship game btw.

With that said, why is any of this relevant to me recognizing a bad at bat by Chirinos?
W
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Kemp might be cut before White at this rate
titanmaster_race
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Gap said:

Farmer1906 said:

Gap said:

The 2 pitches Chirinos swung at in that K were a foot off the plate. Why throw a strike if he is going to swing at pitches that aren't close.

Posts like this crack me up. You've never been in the box against as half way decent pitcher, have you?

I would recommend you follow Rob Friedman (Pitching Ninja) on Twitter. See just how nasty these pitches are.
Actually, I have. Just in the senior season playoffs, I faced 2 guys that made the bigs. I don't think I had a hit against the first one but scored the winning run after working a walk and stealing 2nd. Against the second one, I led off the game with a single. I think that was my only hit against either of those 2 guys. We lost the state championship game btw.

With that said, why is any of this relevant to me recognizing a bad at bat by Chirinos?


Safe at Home
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
With Altuve coming back tomorrow, is there any chance that was White's last at bat is an Astro? God I hope so.
W
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
lost a series to the Reds
Page 418 of 628
 
×
Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.