***** Official Houston Astros 2019 Season Thread *****

6,847,066 Views | 74452 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by PSully97
Buck Compton
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Going out with a whimper tonight. Pop out, soft grounder to the pitcher, ground out to third.

Another one run loss to a **** team from the NL. Rough night at the plate, but sometimes you need your ace to stop a skid. Verlander let the team down today and needs to fix his homer issues, STAT.
spadilly
S
Robert Ford just mentioned it's been 37 consecutive series since we've been swept. Can't let that happen tomorrow.
Gap
AG
titanmaster_race said:

Gap said:

With that said, why is any of this relevant to me recognizing a bad at bat by Chirinos?

I fully agree and I'll stress my concluding sentence noted above but apparently I couldn't call something a bad AB without additional cred for Farmer.
AgSportsFan89
AG
mathguy86 said:

Shut down by scrub pitching both nights. Have they scored any runs not via HR?
Luis Castillo was not a scrub pitcher. He could finish in top 5 for Cy Young for NL this year if he keeps it up. Tonight's guy however wasnt anything special. We just have too many black holes in the lineup at the moment.
cap-n-jack
It is not going to happen lurking arlingtoner's. We've got work to to but it doesn't concern you.
agcat
AG
When in the hell is Springer coming back?
bearkatag15
AG
agcat said:

When in the hell is Springer coming back?

My prediction is Tuesday for the home series vs Pittsburg.
bearkatag15
AG

This is good for trade discussions
Gap
AG
So, is Mayfield expected to be headed down with the Altuve call up?
W
AG
back to Votto...yes, he's on track for the Hall of Fame. Will need to keep piling up the career stats for another 3 or 4 seasons.

won the 2010 NL MVP and has 2 other top 3 MVP finishes.

career .308 BA

his road OPS is actually a few points higher than his home OPS, so he won't get a deduction for playing his entire career in Cincy's bandbox.

and for the Reds' sake...he better keep producing. Owed $25 MM per season thru 2023. That's a ton of money for Cincinnati
bearkatag15
AG
Gap said:

That's what my money would be on
W
AG
Gap said:

I would think so.

then things get interesting when Springer returns...Kemp or White?
Mathguy64
AG
W said:

Gap said:

I would think so.

That move will almost certainly be Straw. Unless Lunhow can send one of them or both in a trade package for a starter.
bearkatag15
AG
W said:

Gap said:

I would think so.

It would have to be Kemp at that point. White would still be just 1 of 2 potential 1st basemen until Diaz gets back. Diaz's return is probably White's judgement day
bearkatag15
AG
Verlander on Sunday vs NY is a scary thought right now. They might hit 6 HRs off him
Ag_07
AG
I wouldn't just automatically assume it's Mayfield tomorrow.

I think he has quite a bit of value in that he can play SS. Without him we're handcuffed playing Tyler White because Breg has to play SS and Yuli has to play 3B.

Mayfield gives us quite a bit more flexibility and I could see him staying until Carlos gets back.
W
AG
2 weeks ago I would have thought for sure that White was a goner.

but he has picked up his production somewhat. His on-base % is .343 which is pretty good.

by contrast Yuli's on-base % is just .297. Yuli's struggles will help keep White around.

on the flipside...Kemp's stock has nosedived in June. His OBP is .295. His numbers are really bad away from MMP
Farmer1906
AG
bearkatag15 said:

Verlander on Sunday vs NY is a scary thought right now. They might hit 6 HRs off him

JV gives zero ****s about NY. He's going to go out there and deal like he does.
Silent For Too Long
Farmer1906 said:

bearkatag15 said:

JV gives zero ****s about NY. He's going to go out there and deal like he does.

Amen.
Ags #1
AG
Springer to start rehab assignment Thursday in corpus
Harry Dunne
Tyler White OBP nearly .500 over the last 10 games.

bearkatag15
AG
Harry Dunne said:

Tyler White OBP nearly .500 over the last 10 games.

In those 10 games he has gotten on base 20 times (11 hits and 9 walks) he has accounted for 3 runs scored while being on base 20 times. Seems low to me. Oh and with all those hits, he's drove in all of 2 runs.

Produce more runs and then talk him up.

His fatass can't get around the bases fast enough for Hinch to feel good about JV laying down a bunt. Hinch literally used White being on 2nd as the slowest baserunner on the team as a reason why they had JV swing away.
Fightin' Texas Aggie and Sam Houston State Bearkat
Harry Dunne
RBIs and runs aren't meaningless, but they are largely dependent on others. IDK if you noticed, but no one else is hitting. I know it's only 10 games, but after his abysmal start, let's not nitpick when he finally shows signs of life.

If we're going to throw "literally" around, people that can't appreciate a guy whose slash line is .344/.458/.563 & OPS is 1.050 during said stretch are literally haters.
JABQ04
AG
Looking forward to seeing Altuve back on the lineup today. Hoping he gives a spark to this team and we can take this last one in Cincy. I'd hate to be swept by these guys.

And friendly reminder it's a Day game today. I'll have the Gamecast on here at work
Ag_07
AG
11:35 CST start time means long lunch somewhere
Frok
AG
Harry Dunne said:

RBIs and runs aren't meaningless, but they are largely dependent on others. IDK if you noticed, but no one else is hitting. I know it's only 10 games, but after his abysmal start, let's not nitpick when he finally shows signs of life.

If we're going to throw "literally" around, people that can't appreciate a guy whose slash line is .344/.458/.563 & OPS is 1.050 during said stretch are literally haters.

Tyler White actually hitting would be a great development for this team. I'm still skeptical but it's good to see some sign of life.
dshedd41
S
He's Baaaaaaaaaccckkkkk!!!!!!
Gig’em Aggies!
ChAg1799
AG
You guys sticking up for Tyler White have me seeing:

https://images.app.goo.gl/tQuo5ripaCpnb1X39

AustinCountyAg
Which one of you dumbasses was the one who called into 790 while ago suggesting we trade kemp and white to the Nats straight up for Max S?
Deluxe
AG
White - .235/.343/.342, 87 OPS+, $580k this year with three more controllable years
Yuli - .263/.297/.398, 86 OPS+, $10.4mm this year, $8.4mm next year
Farmer1906
AG
AustinCountyAg said:

Which one of you dumbasses was the one who called into 790 while ago suggesting we trade kemp and white to the Nats straight up for Max S?

Is that not fair?
bearkatag15
AG

Fightin' Texas Aggie and Sam Houston State Bearkat
AustinCountyAg
Defense or not I'd be playing Alvarez over white at 1B all day every day. Have they not watched Moneyball?
n_touch
He's got a broken nose from bunting practice. I think we would be paying to much with White and Kemp. May White, a splint, and a rhinoplasty.
Ag_07
AG
The thing about White is I feel like he's just running into hits.

He's still flinching and check swinging at called strikes, swinging with a slow massive uppercut, and still gaining weight by the day.

Yeah he's on a bit of a run but I don't see any indication that it's a result of him making changes or improving one thing in particular. Count me as a hater I guess but I'm just over seeing him in the lineup.
First Page Last Page
Page 419 of 2128

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.