***** Official Houston Astros 2019 Season Thread *****

1,736,172 Views | 36572 Replies | Last: 3 min ago by Baseball-Junkie
mathguy86
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
You knew that was going to happen. You all did.

June 2.
mazag08
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
How does that man still have a job? Just awful to end a game on a literal awful pitch that wasn't close.
AggiEE
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Fitting end

Our team is too injured to deal with having a wasted bat like White in the lineup

I hear Yordan can play 1B
Gap
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Oof

fouled out to catcher
groundout to pitcher
K looking
Buck Compton
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I don't like White, but that was a horse**** final strike call.
mwm
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Is that the final nail in his coffin?
mazag08
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
If White swings at that y'all would criticize him endlessly.
AgDoc03
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Ag_07 said:

Buddy just bet me that White would bat over .350 for his next 20 ABs.

White will either be on an epic tear or I'm making money. It's a win-win.


Looks like you're going to get PAID!!
mathguy86
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
On the good side, we just went 6-3 against the Red Sox and Cubs. The last 6 with a AAA team. I'll take it.
Ag_07
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Buck Compton said:

I don't like White, but that was a horse**** final strike call.

Just sped up the inevitable

If he didn't hit the first called strike 92 mph meatball down the middle he wasn't hitting anything.

Dude is straight awful.
agproducer
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Strike 3 was obviously not a strike, but it was close. White has to get his bat off his shoulder in that AB.
Frok
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
mazag08 said:

If White swings at that y'all would criticize him endlessly.


So?
mathguy86
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
mazag08 said:

If White swings at that y'all would criticize him endlessly.
He didn't swing at the meatball right down the pipe either.
Ag_07
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
mazag08 said:

If White swings at that y'all would criticize him endlessly.

I just want a swing. Foul it off, battle, have an AB

The fact that they're not even competitive ABs is telling.

Give me something. Anything.
AggiEE
How long do you want to ignore this user?
On 0-2 that ball was too close to watch

Foul it off and be defensive

If he wanted a good pitch to hit he shouldn't have let that first meatball go by just to get down in the count
bearkatag15
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
mathguy86 said:

On the good side, we just went 6-3 against the Red Sox and Cubs. The last 6 with a AAA team. I'll take it.
Isn't it 4-2 vs Red Sox and Cubs and 2-2 vs White Sox?
mathguy86
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I was counting the last road trip against the Red Sox and trying to ignore the White Sox.
willjohnathan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Ag_07 said:

Buddy just bet me that White would bat over .350 for his next 20 ABs.

White will either be on an epic tear or I'm making money. It's a win-win.
I kind of hope this is one of those 10 year bets where he gets a couple of ab's sprinkled in with a lot of minor league assignments.
JABQ04
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Who would you rather have at 1B. Chris Carter or Tyler White?
Texaggie7nine
How long do you want to ignore this user?
JABQ04 said:

Who would you rather have at 1B. Chris Carter or Tyler White?


Carlos Lee
bearkatag15
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
R-Dog
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Failing to even put the ball in play on almost 40% of his at bats. K's 39.5% of the time. That's awful.
AggiEE
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I hope White continues to tank

Even if him raking for a brief period would help us win in the short term, he's shown no sustainability and I want him gone. I'm sick of seeing him in the lineup being largely unproductive defensively, offensively, and on the rare occurrence that he gets on base as a base runner.

As far as I understand it, Super 2 has passed. Bring a Yordan up for crying out loud
Oyster DuPree
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
agproducer said:

Strike 3 was obviously not a strike, but it was close. White has to get his bat off his shoulder in that AB.

This. Too close to let CB ****nor determine the outcome
bearkatag15
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Where is Harry at? Dude needs to try to defend this piece of ****
Buck Compton
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
AggiEE said:

On 0-2 that ball was too close to watch

Foul it off and be defensive

If he wanted a good pitch to hit he shouldn't have let that first meatball go by just to get down in the count
I hate that you guys are making me defend Tyler ****ing White...

It wasn't 0-2, it was 2-2 and a solid 3-4 inches off the plate. Independent of what happened earlier, you can't blame for watching that pitch. The earlier one? Sure. But not the last one
titanmaster_race
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Buck Compton said:

AggiEE said:

On 0-2 that ball was too close to watch

Foul it off and be defensive

If he wanted a good pitch to hit he shouldn't have let that first meatball go by just to get down in the count
I hate that you guys are making me defend Tyler ****ing White...

It wasn't 0-2, it was 2-2 and a solid 3-4 inches off the plate. Independent of what happened earlier, you can't blame for watching that pitch. The earlier one? Sure. But not the last one


This.

That last pitch was nowhere near the zone. It was a Bucknor special.
Marvin
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Series record in 2019 sitting at 11-4-3, and that's after losing the first two. That'll play.
mathguy86
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
21 guys have 120 or more ABs as a DH. Only one is in single digits in RBI's. Only one is in single digits in runs scored. Only 1 has less that 2 HR. Only one strikes out 34% or more.

It could be worse. He's not last in BA/OBA/SLG. But he's on the short list for those.
dshedd14
How long do you want to ignore this user?
S
http://houseofhouston.com/author/dshedd/
AggiEE
How long do you want to ignore this user?
mathguy86 said:

21 guys have 120 or more ABs as a DH. Only one is in single digits in RBI's. Only one is in single digits in runs scored. Only 1 has less that 2 HR. Only one strikes out 34% or more.

It could be worse. He's not last in BA/OBA/SLG. But he's on the short list for those.


I'd be fine with White if he had any other redeeming skill set.

But...

He's fat
He's slow
He's poor defensively
He can't run well on base

Hes not a Jake with a golden glove defensively, he's not Fisher with good base speed, he doesn't have versatility to play any other positions.

He's a wasted spot with no future holding back a guy in AAA absolutely crushing it right now that should be weened into the bigs
R-Dog
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Once the service time thing passes, there's really no excuse for not bringing up Alvarez. I don't care if he is a liability in the field. We show no urgency towards the regular season (and shouldn't) in regards to our injuries.

So why be so concerned if Alvarez is a liability defensively? Who cares if you lose a game or two because of his defense if you're willing to give away games here and there out of an abundance of caution on injuries? Get him up here and find out whether he can take the next step and be someone you can count on in the postseason. White's LCS strikeout last year without taking the bat off his shoulder...just like tonight ..proves he cannot be counted on.
R-Dog
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
The only reason I'd accept for not bringing him up now is if you intend to trade for a real DH.
bearkatag15
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG


Not Astros related but damn this is embarrassing for a title contending team
tjholley16
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
bearkatag15 said:



Not Astros related but damn this is embarrassing for a title contending team


I'm pretty sure the crowds at Olsen on any given SEC weekend outnumber that
Page 296 of 1046
 
×
Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.