***** Official Houston Astros 2019 Season Thread *****

6,848,860 Views | 74452 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by PSully97
titanmaster_race
How long do you want to ignore this user?
bearkatag15 said:

Not Astros related but damn this is embarrassing for a title contending team

Prior to last night, their lowest attendance was about 6500. And that was with a hurricane in the forecast and a garbage team. This is truly embarrassing for that franchise.
irish pete ag06
AG
titanmaster_race said:

bearkatag15 said:

Prior to last night, their lowest attendance was about 6500. And that was with a hurricane in the forecast and a garbage team. This is truly embarrassing for that franchise.

Florida deserves no baseball teams
expresswrittenconsent
irish pete ag06 said:

titanmaster_race said:

bearkatag15 said:

Florida deserves no baseball teams

They care more for the Yankees spring training team (which has a stadium that is actually in Tampa as opposed to the dump in st pete).
W
AG
the Angels beat the A's again, so the 'stros head to Oakland with a 7-1/2 game lead.

Khris Davis is on the IL. Could be activated for the series finale.

Peacock vs. Fiers in the series opener
JW_TXAG13
AG
Pretty frustrated with Correa which sucks, I've always had faith in the guy.

At first I thought the story was BS but I'm thinking his girl wanted to do some romantic BS massage at their house with a non staff member and cracked his fragile ribs by trying to crack his back or something.

I saw correa's fiance post a prayer on instagram shortly after the news leaked yesterday. So between that and how mad luhnow/hinch were in their interview, it could make sense due to correa letting a non staff member mess with his body.
McInnis
AG
Quote:

I'd be fine with White if he had any other redeeming skill set.

But...

He's fat
He's slow
He's poor defensively
He can't run well on base

It's only fair to point out that his ERA is 0.00.
redline248
AG
Someone should suggest that White imagine the ball is a pinata filled with candy
Harry Dunne
bearkatag15 said:

Where is Harry at? Dude needs to try to defend this piece of ****
Everyone knows my stance on White, I don't think anyone really wants to hear more of the same.

n_touch
Trying to find video, remember Carlos said the one place he would be embarrassed to be seen was at Adam & Eve, maybe they went shopping over the holiday weekend?
k20dub
AG
n_touch said:

Trying to find video, remember Carlos said the one place he would be embarrassed to be seen was at Adam & Eve, maybe they went shopping over the holiday weekend?
Some joke to be made about Eve being made from a rib of Adam's...
Aggie8587
AG
Never posted something from twitter here before, but Daniella Rodriguez (Carlos's girl) posted a very interesting Instagram photo. Not speculating, just thought it was weird given the timing of her fiance's injury

Ag13
AG
Aggie8587 said:

Never posted something from twitter here before, but Daniella Rodriguez (Carlos's girl) posted a very interesting Instagram photo. Not speculating, just thought it was weird given the timing of her fianc's injury

I guess this just doesn't seem that interesting to me. Doesn't really tell us anything except that she's maybe a bit stressed that her superstar husband is hurt and can't do what he loves (and what he gets paid for)

I think I can infer what you/the tweeter are implying by this, but, I just don't see it.
Prosperdick
AG
titanmaster_race said:

bearkatag15 said:

I've actually been to a game there and it was an unbelievable value. I took my FIL and we toured the Ted Williams (the REAL Ted) HOF museum that's located there for a few innings (not Fenway since they didn't have room and pi$$ed him off). It was really cool.

I was able to buy a pair of tickets about 10 rows behind the dugout for around $30 each. Before the game we parked, and I'm not making this up, literally across the street from the stadium (I think it was $15), and took all of about 45 seconds to make it to the park entrance. I thought I was being punked, couldn't believe it.

The food was pretty good and not that unreasonable and they have a sting ray tank in left or centerfield where you can feed them.

The next day I mentioned how great my experience was to some local and he said that it had been named the overall best value of all the four major sports by some publication.

Of course the atmosphere in that domed stadium was pretty weak but everything else was fantastic.
Beat40
R-Dog said:

Once the service time thing passes, there's really no excuse for not bringing up Alvarez. I don't care if he is a liability in the field. We show no urgency towards the regular season (and shouldn't) in regards to our injuries.

So why be so concerned if Alvarez is a liability defensively? Who cares if you lose a game or two because of his defense if you're willing to give away games here and there out of an abundance of caution on injuries? Get him up here and find out whether he can take the next step and be someone you can count on in the postseason. White's LCS strikeout last year without taking the bat off his shoulder...just like tonight ..proves he cannot be counted on.
Because, despite what everyone thinks here, Astros management may not think Alvarez is MLB ready yet.
Agnzona
So who in the minors is our SS of the future when we let Correa go via FA?
Mr.Ackar07
Agnzona said:

Bregman
bearkatag15
AG
Agnzona said:

Abraham Toro is a legit 3B prospect. Bring him up and move Bregman over

Frok
AG
Beat40 said:

R-Dog said:

Once the service time thing passes, there's really no excuse for not bringing up Alvarez. I don't care if he is a liability in the field. We show no urgency towards the regular season (and shouldn't) in regards to our injuries.

So why be so concerned if Alvarez is a liability defensively? Who cares if you lose a game or two because of his defense if you're willing to give away games here and there out of an abundance of caution on injuries? Get him up here and find out whether he can take the next step and be someone you can count on in the postseason. White's LCS strikeout last year without taking the bat off his shoulder...just like tonight ..proves he cannot be counted on.
Because, despite what everyone thinks here, Astros management may not think Alvarez is MLB ready yet.

It's about the June 2nd deadline. If they think Alvarez and Tucker aren't ready but these other guys are then they are nuts.

MAROON
AG
Correa Bobblehead China Doll giveaway just announced by the Astros

What do you boys want for breakfast BBQ ?.....OK Chili.
Beat40
Frok said:

Beat40 said:

R-Dog said:

It's about the June 2nd deadline. If they think Alvarez and Tucker aren't ready but these other guys are then they are nuts.

Hey, I'm not saying I nessecarily disagree with you, but here are two quotes from a May 25th article about Alvarez:

"Left field is what I would like to see the most progress in because that's going to be the one that gives A.J. the most options when he gets up here and he's working hard," Luhnow said on Friday. "He's really working hard on his routes, on his throws and putting himself in the right position."

"But I do see (lvarez) as being a part of this this year. There is no rush, but there is a methodical plan that we're going through to make sure that when he gets here we have him contribute and don't find out a month later that he wasn't ready or isn't able to play left field or isn't ready to hit at this level."

Article for reference: https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.houstonchronicle.com/sports/texas-sports-nation/astros/amp/Astros-stick-to-methodical-plan-Yordan-Alvarez-13896921.php

Maybe it's just posturing, but it doesn't seem like they are in a rush to bring Yordon up. They may be a little gun shy after Tucker last year.
Frok
AG
Its posturing because they aren't going to admit it's about money and team control. They cannot be picky like that when the roster is depleted with injuries.
Ag_07
AG
That was back before we were a MASH unit and before it was confirmed that Tyler White is hot garbage.

There's a need now.

But I do agree that Tucker has probably made them think twice about bringing him up.
Mathguy64
AG
I would just as soon see them sit White Friday. Put Mayfield at SS, Yuli back at 1B, Kemp at 2B and Bregman back at 3B and let Straw DH. Or Straw in LF and Brantley DH. At this point the AAA brigade will give you more than White. Not to mention is he plays he can't cover the foul territory on defense.
E
AG
bearkatag15 said:

Agnzona said:

Abraham Toro is a legit 3B prospect. Bring him up and move Bregman over

He had a very good Spring Training as well
dshedd41
S
Interesting take on Correa situation:
Gig’em Aggies!
Beat40
Ag_07 said:

That was back before we were a MASH unit and before it was confirmed that Tyler White is hot garbage.

There's a need now.

But I do agree that Tucker has probably made them think twice about bringing him up.
I still don't think they're gonna do it June 2nd or even shortly after.

They still have 5 outfielders currently and enough guys to swap around the IF.

This is just my gut feeling. Out of the next 27 games, 19 games are against teams .500 and below. I have a feeling they may try to ride it out with the young guys we currently have up with the way the pitching has been lately.
Mathguy64
AG
I know I've ragged White incessantly. IMHO he deserves it. He's just not producing. We all know of another wasted space player that we all hate and that's Rat Face. So I was bored and looked. Here's their basic line set.

White .220/.304/.303, K% 34.4%, 1 HR, 9 R, 8 RBI. wRC+ 70, WAR -0.3

Odor .166/.236/.338 K% 33.7%, 7 HR, 22 R, 24 RBI, wRC+ 46, WAR -0.6

Would you take Rat Face or White? Or more specifically, would we be as critical of White if he had Odor's line? He's worse and yet weirdly more productive.
mazag08
AG
I would take Brian Bogusevic, Angel Sanchez, or Tommy Manzella over Odor. And I wouldn't even have to think twice about it.
redline248
AG
Wonder if Corbin is hitting this mark since his call up

TMACsDaMan
Would you rather have Tyler White, Matt Dominguez, or Chris Carter
redline248
AG
I don't know he's going to fix it, but if White could cut down the K rate he'd probably have a respectable average. .343 on balls in play. Where do I find that barrel statistic?
Ag_07
AG
I think White's problem is more mental than anything.

So many times he's flinching and check swinging at called strikes. Like he sees it but can't commit and pull the trigger.

Like an insane amount of times. Does someone keep the check swing stat?
spadilly
S
mazag08
AG
Ag_07 said:

So many times he's flinching and check swinging at called strikes. Like he sees it but can't commit and pull the trigger.

He's not seeing it. If he was he would be making more contact. He's a fastball hunter. Anything else fools him which is why all the check swings.
Harry Dunne
Ag_07 said:

For sure it's mental.

Showing up to spring training looking like a beached whale is mental too - it's not like he all of a sudden developed a thyroid condition.

With a good shrink, a treadmill & a rehab assignment he could come back and rebound just like Jake did last year. It's really too bad for everyone involved that he's out of options.
First Page Last Page
Page 297 of 2128

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.