***** Official Houston Astros 2019 Season Thread *****

6,847,278 Views | 74452 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by PSully97
tjack16
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
gambochaman said:

just order stuff online and calmly wait for it to be delivered

*ships 3 weeks later*
gambochaman
AG
tjholley16 said:

gambochaman said:

*ships 3 weeks later*
yes, and?
Cromagnum
AG
Texaggie7nine said:

Farmer1906 said:

Cromagnum said:

htownag99 said:

Texaggie7nine said:

tjholley16 said:

I live in walking distance to an Academy.... I'm really hoping I get to take advantage of that tonight
We watched game 7 at Revelry in 2017. Celebrated there for about 30 or so mins then drove to academy on 59 near Kirby and the line was around the store.

Pretty sure people post up there for the game and just watch on their phones or something.
My co-worker told me that when we won in 2017, she sent her husband to Academy 30 minutes before game 7 was over to go wait in line at Academy. I was trying my hardest to hold back in telling her how terrible of a wife she was.

That's a **** wife. Academy will get more inventory z few days later. It's not like they are gonna stop making WS Champion gear if there is a hungry market for it.
Some people just have to be first.
Ya. The ones that really amaze me are the ones first in line to get ALDS and ALCS gear as soon as we advance. You are going to wear that a couple times in the next week and probably never again.

WTF waste your time and money just to get to say "1st!"

Yeah that's dumb. Wait and see how far we get and buy that one.
Eso si, Que es
Agnzona
Hopefully Kate whispered into JVs ear all night "it's top of the second and you are down 2-0".

So he can mentally just skip the 1st.
"Fort Worth where the West begins...and Dallas is where the East peters out!"
Cromagnum
AG
Are you trying to kill us all?
dshedd41
S
Gig’em Aggies!
96ags
AG
htownag99 said:

Cromagnum said:

htownag99 said:

Texaggie7nine said:

tjholley16 said:

I live in walking distance to an Academy.... I'm really hoping I get to take advantage of that tonight
We watched game 7 at Revelry in 2017. Celebrated there for about 30 or so mins then drove to academy on 59 near Kirby and the line was around the store.

Pretty sure people post up there for the game and just watch on their phones or something.
My co-worker told me that when we won in 2017, she sent her husband to Academy 30 minutes before game 7 was over to go wait in line at Academy. I was trying my hardest to hold back in telling her how terrible of a wife she was.

That's a **** wife. Academy will get more inventory z few days later. It's not like they are gonna stop making WS Champion gear if there is a hungry market for it.
I really liked her as an co-worker, until she told me that story.
Not her fault her husband is a pus##.
agdaddy04
AG
k20dub said:

I'll be in Section 106 tonight. Woke up with my stomach in knots. Feels like Christmas.

Well it looks like Christmas here in Denver, so let's get some presents to unwrap tonight.
agdaddy04
AG
Man I had forgotten about that. That would be terrible. My guess is the ump forgot he was in the outfield.
P.H. Dexippus
AG
I had not seen that before. Sickening that it was upheld.
"[When I was a kid,] I wanted to be a pirate. Thank God no one took me seriously and scheduled me for eye removal and peg leg surgery."- Bill Maher
gigemJTH12
AG
WES2006AG said:

The lines at sporting goods stores on the night of a championship has always been weird to me. Especially when everything is available online or the next day in store.
its mostly the bandwagon people who need to verify their fanhood.

I dont know a single diehard who does this.
Frok
AG
I ordered the gray championship shirt in 2017 and it is the lowest quality Astros shirt I have. So if we win I ain't buying that again.

gigemJTH12
AG
speaking of gear. Hope Dicks is ready to supply me with 6 jerseys, a hoodie, 2 polos, a hat, and a t shirt for a grand total of $120!
AustinAg2K
Verlander with the no-no tonight. Strikes out 12. Greatest WS single game performance ever.
tjack16
AG
I'm so dissapointed.... I was able to grab one of the single tickets just now, one of my students needed help. When I came back, my session timed out and I lost it.
Cromagnum
AG
Good thing MMP has a closed roof. Sucks for tailgaters though.

Texaggie7nine
tjholley16 said:

I'm so dissapointed.... I was able to grab one of the single tickets just now, one of my students needed help. When I came back, my session timed out and I lost it.
I don't understand how yall are getting these. Is it that you click on Add to Cart and it actually adds it? All I get is Invalid Information. Do you leave the page and reload it?
7nine
tjack16
AG
Texaggie7nine said:

tjholley16 said:

I don't understand how yall are getting these. Is it that you click on Add to Cart and it actually adds it? All I get is Invalid Information. Do you leave the page and reload it?

The first time I clicked it, it took me to the cart. That's how I got game 1.

I must have gotten on as soon as they uploaded and been the first to click?
Panama Red
AG
WES2006AG said:

The lines at sporting goods stores on the night of a championship has always been weird to me. Especially when everything is available online or the next day in store.
My wife is one of those people, and its weird as hell to me also.

But the items are not available in store the next day, they sell out most everything. So you have to wait 24 hours to buy a shirt.
JYDog90
AG
My kids have already asked if we can drive through the neighborhood honking the horn when the Astros win and then drive down to academy and high five folks and yell. They don't want to stand in line they just want to experience some impromptu community celebration.
suburban cowboy
AG
Tonight is going to going to be special.

Let's enjoy the moment and go win the World Series.
BrokeAssAggie
Just got tickets in a suite! Let's go Stros!
WES2006AG
AG
Texaggie7nine said:

tjholley16 said:

Just keep clicking. I clicked a couple hundred times and eventually got a single in 430.
TexAg1987
Texaggie7nine said:

spadilly said:

Texaggie7nine said:

tjholley16 said:

they released 3 singles in the upper two decks about 20 mins ago.... after trying to get them for about 15 mins they were gone
I don't understand where all the singles that pop up throughout the day come from. Do they just hold on to them for that purpose of just randomly releasing one or two at a time for some lucky fans to pick up?

They have some held back to fulfill the "buy 2020 season tickets and you're able to purchase WS tickets" guarantee. Also, I'd assume they have a set number held back for sponsor and MLB obligations. I assume those are slowly being released.
Why would they hold singles though? Whos gonna buy season tickets just to get a single?
May have been a set of three and they sold two?
Beat40
Man, I'm pretty nervous about today. I am confident in JV, so no issue there.

It's facing Strausburg where I'm nervous. Really hope we can scratch out 2-3 early runs against him. I'd really like to have him out of the game by the 6th or 7th.

Doolittle and Hudson don't really scare me - we've seem them enough times and I think we could do damage.
k20dub
AG
CrazyRichAggie said:

Username checks out.
Bobby Jimbo
AG
CrazyRichAggie said:

Relevant username.
Big Al 1992
AG
Bats don't get cold, flare up and then grow cold 2 days later. Ask the Nats - they were hot for 3 weeks. Astros will continue to mash and mash early. Much like game 7 in LA. Put up runs in 1st and 2nd, JV cruises the rest of the way.
Astros 9
Nats 2
WES2006AG
AG
I have all of a sudden become super nervous in the last 5 minutes since I've acquired a ticket.

Let's do this.
Lonestar_Ag09
AG
gambochaman said:

That has always been my mantra....I ordered my son's and my ALCS Champ shirt 5 minutes after we won and I still havent received it, damn thing didnt even ship until like 3 days ago.... If were lucky enough to pull this one out I will not be ordering online again.
crowman2010
AG
Cromagnum said:

Good thing MMP has a closed roof. Sucks for tailgaters though.

Tailgaters? Have you been to the 5th ward before?
Lonestar_Ag09
AG
Texaggie7nine said:

Farmer1906 said:

Cromagnum said:

htownag99 said:

Texaggie7nine said:

tjholley16 said:

Some people just have to be first.
Ya. The ones that really amaze me are the ones first in line to get ALDS and ALCS gear as soon as we advance. You are going to wear that a couple times in the next week and probably never again.

WTF waste your time and money just to get to say "1st!"
I wasnt planning on getting any gear less than WS....but I really liked the design this year for the ALCS Champ shirt
David_Puddy
AG
I'll be in 132 if anyone wants to send me a beer
Lonestar_Ag09
AG
I think if he did K 12 he would be the all time leader for K's in a single postseason
First Page Last Page
Page 1973 of 2128

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.