***** Official Houston Astros 2019 Season Thread *****

3,778,224 Views | 74451 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by PSully97
Frok
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Verlander has failed to clinch in all opportunities so far however all of those have been on the road. This will be the first opportunity at home I believe

crowman2010
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
David_Puddy said:

I'll be in 132 if anyone wants to send me a beer
Wait...where in 132? I'm row 27
SECond2noneAgs
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
crowman2010 said:

David_Puddy said:

I'll be in 132 if anyone wants to send me a beer
Wait...where in 132? I'm row 27

Another successful TexAgs hookup.
Texaggie7nine
How long do you want to ignore this user?
WES2006AG said:

Texaggie7nine said:

tjholley16 said:

I'm so dissapointed.... I was able to grab one of the single tickets just now, one of my students needed help. When I came back, my session timed out and I lost it.
I don't understand how yall are getting these. Is it that you click on Add to Cart and it actually adds it? All I get is Invalid Information. Do you leave the page and reload it?
Just keep clicking. I clicked a couple hundred times and eventually got a single in 430.
Welp. Don't use the refresh page method. My IP is blocked now.
Wabs
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Texaggie7nine
How long do you want to ignore this user?
David_Puddy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
crowman2010 said:

David_Puddy said:

I'll be in 132 if anyone wants to send me a beer
Wait...where in 132? I'm row 27

Not sure what row yet.....going with a friend. I'll be the 6'5" guy in the rainbow Verlander jersey
n_touch
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Should be easy to find in 50k people
wmitchell
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Just got an SRO ticket! See y'all soon! Leaving SA now.
AgsMnn
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Still looking for a couple free tickets.
gigemJTH12
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I am looking for a ticket. not paying the fee on stub hub. but if I run across a single I will pay market value!
Texaggie7nine
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AgsMnn said:

Still looking for a couple free tickets.
Tried to pull some out this morning, but it was nothing but flushables.
mathguy86
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'm going to be in my chair at home with an unobstructed view and all the free bourbon I can manage to pour down my willing throat. And if we are so fortunate to lift a trophy, a finger of my limited and dwindling supply of 2012 George T Stagg will be raised as offering to the gods. Perhaps I can get Mrs. Mathguy to flash me in the 7th inning to give me that live game feel.
Frok
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Can y'all stop talking about tickets, it's making me really jealous
Teddy Perkins
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG


Good bull.
Johnsy3
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
https://www.si.com/mlb/2019/10/29/world-series-preview-game-6

3 things I found the most interesting:

"The Astros have been throwing many more breaking pitches in the World Series than they did in the regular season (38.5% in the Fall Classic vs. 32.9% in the regular season), and the Nationals can't hit them. Washington is hitting .208 against breaking pitching through five games while all six of its home runs this series have come off fastballs."

"Reggie Jackson, Mr. October, was a .278 career postseason hitter with 18 homers and a .527 slugging percentage. His teams were 10-5 when he homered. George Springer is a .272 career postseason hitter with 15 homers and a .564 slugging percentage. His teams are 10-4 when he homers"

"Cintron then showed Alvarez a change to make in his setup. Alvarez had been setting up with a fairly erect stancewith a weak base and his head out over his toesand his first movement to the baseball caused his back leg to slide behind him before contact."
gigemJTH12
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'll offer some consolation to those not attending.

I went to Game 5 2017 and Game 6 ALCS 2019.

The one thing you miss when you are at the game(especially a huge game) is a live version of all the post game stuff.

yes, I would 10000% rather be at the game. But being in front of the TV for live version of all the celebrating and interviews is a nice silver lining.
Texas A&M
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Teddy Perkins said:



Good bull.
So if we win, what does Correa do to one-up his on-field proposal? Did they ever get married?
DriftwoodAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Johnsy3 said:

https://www.si.com/mlb/2019/10/29/world-series-preview-game-6

3 things I found the most interesting:

"The Astros have been throwing many more breaking pitches in the World Series than they did in the regular season (38.5% in the Fall Classic vs. 32.9% in the regular season), and the Nationals can't hit them. Washington is hitting .208 against breaking pitching through five games while all six of its home runs this series have come off fastballs."

"Reggie Jackson, Mr. October, was a .278 career postseason hitter with 18 homers and a .527 slugging percentage. His teams were 10-5 when he homered. George Springer is a .272 career postseason hitter with 15 homers and a .564 slugging percentage. His teams are 10-4 when he homers"

"Cintron then showed Alvarez a change to make in his setup. Alvarez had been setting up with a fairly erect stancewith a weak base and his head out over his toesand his first movement to the baseball caused his back leg to slide behind him before contact."
hoping for 11-4 tonight!
annie88
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Frok said:

Can y'all stop talking about tickets, it's making me really jealous


Do you want us to quit clapping too? Is it triggering you, should we use jazz hands?
annie88
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Let's End it tonight!
Mr.Bond
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Texas A&M said:

Teddy Perkins said:



Good bull.
So if we win, what does Correa do to one-up his on-field proposal? Did they ever get married?



Make Correa Jr right there on the field
I'm looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. I'm just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.


H-Town 2017 WS Champions
Forgiven_Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
gigemJTH12
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Forgiven_Ag said:

After we win tonight do we become a dynasty?? 2/3 is pretty good or do we need to go 3/4. Or 4/5
FIFY
Cromagnum
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Cromagnum
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Marvin
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
annie88 said:

Frok said:

Can y'all stop talking about tickets, it's making me really jealous


Do you want us to quit clapping too? Is it triggering you, should we use jazz hands?

Theory: Academia will be the ruin of this planet.
Oyster DuPree
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Marvin said:

annie88 said:

Frok said:

Can y'all stop talking about tickets, it's making me really jealous


Do you want us to quit clapping too? Is it triggering you, should we use jazz hands?

Theory: Academia will be the ruin of this planet.

The planet is more likely to be ruined by people who can't discern tongue in cheek comments
Farmer1906
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
How'd you get Stagg for free?
Teddy Perkins
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG


Pitching Ninja on the Stros.
Farmer1906
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Oyster DuPree said:

Marvin said:

annie88 said:

Frok said:

Can y'all stop talking about tickets, it's making me really jealous


Do you want us to quit clapping too? Is it triggering you, should we use jazz hands?

Theory: Academia will be the ruin of this planet.

The planet is more likely to be ruined by people who can't discern tongue in cheek comments
Or people that think Reddick should start over The TED.
Forgiven_Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
RALLY KATE LOVES DP HAS ONE MORE GAME IN HER
Texaggie7nine
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I totally forgot about the Mastercard perk thing for the WS. Did you remember to try?
mathguy86
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Farmer1906 said:

How'd you get Stagg for free?
Well, free as in already paid for it. Actually I got a Stagg, ER17 and THH all in 2013. Paid list price of like $74 each. Good luck doing that now. Still have some of the GTS and ER17. Not much but a couple of fingers worth in the bottles. They are strictly for celebrations. The last time I had the GTS was in 2017 after Game 7. The THH is long gone as I stupidly got addicted to the worlds best Sazerac with it and thought I would get more.
Marvin
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Oyster DuPree said:

Marvin said:

annie88 said:

Frok said:

Can y'all stop talking about tickets, it's making me really jealous


Do you want us to quit clapping too? Is it triggering you, should we use jazz hands?

Theory: Academia will be the ruin of this planet.

The planet is more likely to be ruined by people who can't discern tongue in cheek comments

The original comment, if I discerned correctly, was a reference to Oxford. The university recently banned clapping for jazz hands, claiming the noise from clapping might trigger some people's anxiety.