***** Official Houston Astros 2019 Season Thread *****

6,849,381 Views | 74452 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by PSully97
Ryan34
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Pahdz said:

Watching that Yuli play again, didn't realize live he had to switch the ball to his glove as he started his dive.

Guy is out of his damn mind with the leather right now

Did he really have to switch the ball though? Normally the first baseman just has a foot on the bag, which obviously doesn't have the ball.
shady
AG
Yes...just like if you have the ball in your hand and tag the runner with your glove the runner would be ruled safe.
Bulldog73
AG
But that's a tag situation vs a force out. I legit don't know the rule, but it'd make sense that he didn't have to switch the ball to the glove.
Ryan34
AG
shady said:

Yes...just like if you have the ball in your hand and tag the runner with your glove the runner would be ruled safe.

Tagging a baserunner is different because you have to use your glove (or I guess your bare hand with the ball, but that doesn't really happen). For a force out, obviously isn't the case.
crowman2010
AG
Bulldog73 said:

But that's a tag situation vs a force out. I legit don't know the rule, but it'd make sense that he didn't have to switch the ball to the glove.

As long as there's a force at the bag and the Defender has possession of the ball, he can touch the base however he wants and it's an out (empty glove, elbow, tongue, whatever)
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
tjholley16 said:

agsquirrel97 said:

irish pete ag06 said:

Man I am going to have a bump party soon from all the those game 2 bleeders.
, but I truly feel that this will be the best all-around team I will see in my life wearing an Astros uniform and maybe any uniform, even if Miley imploded.

I actually think next season could be better even if we lose Cole.

We will have all of our lineup back, and could even replace Reddick with Tucker more often since he will start on the MLB roster. We also will have Alvarez from day 1. If Correa and Springer give us both 140+ games ... this team could win 110.

Our rotation (without Cole)
1. Verlander
2. Greinke
3. McCullers Jr
4. Urquidy
5. ????

Add Cole in there and that's the best in baseball once again

Correa needs 2 years if you want him to play 140 games
Harry Stone
AG
I always felt the Astros would be 2-2 after 4, I just didnt think Grienke and Urquidy would both be starting the winning games. still feel we win in 6.
Philip J Fry
AG
crowman2010 said:

Bulldog73 said:

As long as there's a force at the bag and the Defender has possession of the ball, he can touch the base however he wants and it's an out (empty glove, elbow, tongue, whatever)

Good ball protection yo put it in the glove though. Wouldn't want it squirting out in his bare hand.
Philip J Fry
AG
tjholley16 said:

agsquirrel97 said:

irish pete ag06 said:

Man I am going to have a bump party soon from all the those game 2 bleeders.
, but I truly feel that this will be the best all-around team I will see in my life wearing an Astros uniform and maybe any uniform, even if Miley imploded.

I actually think next season could be better even if we lose Cole.

We will have all of our lineup back, and could even replace Reddick with Tucker more often since he will start on the MLB roster. We also will have Alvarez from day 1. If Correa and Springer give us both 140+ games ... this team could win 110.

Our rotation (without Cole)
1. Verlander
2. Greinke
3. McCullers Jr
4. Urquidy
5. ????

Add Cole in there and that's the best in baseball once again

???=Sanchez. You know, the other pitcher who threw a no hitter for us this year.
tjack16
AG
We always make one big offseason acquisition each season. Morton/McCann 2017, Cole 2018, Brantley 2019

So I'm assuming we make another signing or trade and go after another starter or catcher. Or maybe Whitley has a strong spring
titanmaster_race
I think he's going to miss the majority of next season because of the surgery he had.
titanmaster_race
Is there a LHRP on the market this off-season?
astros4545
AG
titanmaster_race said:

Is there a LHRP on the market this off-season?

Tony Sipp
Sex Panther
AG
Jesus... Patrick Corbin got 140 million???

Cole is going to be a billionaire
jopatura
AG
titanmaster_race said:

I think he's going to miss the majority of next season because of the surgery he had.

Plus I think we have to pick up an option and could still let Sanchez go.
Bobcat-Ag
BMX Bandit said:

lda6339 said:

The series is not going back to Houston
Any other predictions Kreskin peckerwood?

That opinion was shared by many, including me. It was not that I lost faith in the Astros, rather sometimes when a team is hot, they are really tough to beat. The Nationals seem to be really tight, and that started in game 3.

So, it was not an unreasonable opinion, just was proved wrong.
wangus12
AG
titanmaster_race said:

Yeah he is definitely out long term.
wangus12
AG
Bobcat-Ag said:

BMX Bandit said:

lda6339 said:

That opinion was shared by many, including me. It was not that I lost faith in the Astros, rather sometimes when a team is hot, they are really tough to beat. The Nationals seem to be really tight, and that started in game 3.

Buddy and I were talking last night and we agreed that it was going to be interesting to see how the Nats respond if we could punch them in the mouth. They won 8 in a row and have looked great this postseason. Now that the Astros have evened the series, do they start to overthink everything. Hope Cole comes out and shuts them down and our bats continue to warm up
Philip J Fry
AG
wangus12 said:

titanmaster_race said:

Yeah he is definitely out long term.

Ouch. Didn't realize that. Thought it was just for this season.
BMX Bandit
Bobcat-Ag said:

BMX Bandit said:

lda6339 said:

When his first post on baseball board is talking smack, he deserve to have his teeth kicked in on a terrible prediction.

As for you, get a dog.
Tyrone_The_Tuna
AG
These playoffs have been amazing. We are good enough to "survive" pitching woes and major slumps and get to a point where we found our bats again and hopefully crush the next two games. This is a special team. also, YULI!!! Dude has been a stud at first base
Farmer1906
AG
Sex Panther said:

Jesus... Patrick Corbin got 140 million???

Cole is going to be a billionaire

Did you miss his 2018? He was dominant.
Nuke LaLoosh
AG
Yuli has been on fire this whole postseason. Last night with 2 Ks was easily his worst game, but he still flashed some crucial leather.

Yes his non advanced stats suck, but he hits the ball hard damn near every time he comes up to the plate... he just hits it right at dudes.
McInnis
AG
Bobcat-Ag said:

BMX Bandit said:

lda6339 said:

You left off the part where he said "book it". He didn't state it as his opinion, he stated it as a fact that he was sharing with those of us with less insight.
8T2
BMX Bandit said:

Bobcat-Ag said:

BMX Bandit said:

lda6339 said:

When his first post on baseball board is talking smack, he deserve to have his teeth kicked in on a terrible prediction.

As for you, get a dog.
One of the better beatdowns on the thread recently.
Tyrone_The_Tuna
AG
Nuke LaLoosh said:

Yuli has been on fire this whole postseason. Last night with 2 Ks was easily his worst game, but he still flashed some crucial leather.

Yes his non advanced stats suck, but he hits the ball hard damn near every time he comes up to the plate... he just hits it right at dudes.

He has made some big time stops at first. That diving tag of the base last night was huge
Max Power
AG
tjholley16 said:

We always make one big offseason acquisition each season. Morton/McCann 2017, Cole 2018, Brantley 2019

So I'm assuming we make another signing or trade and go after another starter or catcher. Or maybe Whitley has a strong spring

I'll miss Cole, someone is going I backup a truck for him. I'd love to bring in a starting LHP like Bumgarner. Hamels perhaps, even bring back Keuchel.
Nino Brown
Zack Wheeler
BCSGrubber
AG
Can we not talk about next seasons roster until the series is over?
BMX Bandit
BCSGrubber said:

Can we not talk about next seasons roster until the series is over?

It's a hot topic on the "ranger fan" thread.

This is Astros last year to compete sadly
Bregxit
AG
So last night after Breg's slam they showed Cole and JV reacting. They both jumped up excitedly then when it got out JV was elated and Cole looked "mad"...then JV smacked Cole on the shoulder and started laughing. Anyone have any idea what that was about?

My guess is they had a bet...just curious if anyone has seen an interview that confirmed.

tjack16
AG
Score prediction tonight

Astros 6-2
Scherzer gets chased after 6 with the score 3-1 Astros

Cole goes 7 innings, 1 run, 11 K
n_touch
tjholley16 said:

Score prediction tonight

Astros 6-2
Scherzer gets chased after 6 with the score 3-1 Astros

Cole goes 7 innings, 1 run, 11 K
I think they get to Scherzer earlier than that. They were on him pretty good last time.
Bobcat-Ag
BMX Bandit said:

Bobcat-Ag said:

BMX Bandit said:

lda6339 said:

As for you, get a dog.

I have a dog. Didn't help.
Philip J Fry
AG
Bregxit said:

So last night after Breg's slam they showed Cole and JV reacting. They both jumped up excitedly then when it got out JV was elated and Cole looked "mad"...then JV smacked Cole on the shoulder and started laughing. Anyone have any idea what that was about?

My guess is they had a bet...just curious if anyone has seen an interview that confirmed.

Went into instant game mode. Cole was thinking about going up 3-2 last night as soon as Bregman hit the slam.
First Page Last Page
Page 1914 of 2128

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.