***** Official Houston Astros 2019 Season Thread *****

6,848,819 Views | 74452 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by PSully97
213 Grove
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Bregman always chokes up.

But I agree with the rest of your post
tjack16
AG
I was as critical as anybody of the bullpen during July-September

They've had great moments this postseason, but also not great. Game 4 against TB, game 1 vs NYY, game 2 this series

My issue is inconsistency with some of the arms like Osuna, James and Rondon.

But thankfully guys have really stepped up. Smith, peacock, Pressly and Harris have been awesome recently
75AG
AG
MathNewman06 said:

lead said:

FrioAg 00 said:

A-Rod back to his bullsheet about tipping pitches

He just cannot accept that the nest team won, and that was the Astros over the Yankers.
didn't watch, but all of the Nats pitchers were tipping?

Rodney was tipping his pitches. Every time his hat was crooked he threw a ball or hung a breaking ball.
Sorry that I can only give you one blue star!
Farmer1906
AG
The only way for a bullpen guy to stay consistently good is by never giving up runs. That isn't going to happen. Anyone who's dissatisfied with the bullpen performance is asking for way too much.
Harry Stone
AG
so if there's a game 7, we can conceivably have grienke, urquidy, and possibly cole for a couple of innings on short rest.
suburban cowboy
AG
President Trump will be in attendance tonight.

So happy Cole gets a shot at redemption. Can't wait for the game.
Beat40
There was a markedly different approach to our offense the past two games.

They went up there looking to just hit and were aggressive. Biggest difference in bregman. He showed he was willing to offer at the outside pitch. Fouled a couple off and forced them to come back inside.

Now, with their big boys going the next two days, it will be interesting to see what the offensive approach is.
Beat40
So I've got a question. In that rundown with Tucker the other night, it seemed like it was a little closer to home plate than normal. Rendon seemed to be closer to he plate specifically, seemed to me to be about 5-7 feet from home. I thought Tucker might have been right up on Rendon by the time Turner had thrown the ball to him for the tag.

What happens if Tucker runs him over? Can Rendon in that situation be considered blocking the plate?
FrioAg 00
AG
Pretty sure yes, and I saw it the same way. Rendon hesitated on the throw into home. If Ticker had seen it he should have gone full speed at home.

Very likely could have got an interference call, or made it too difficult to catch anyway.
BMX Bandit
That part of the rule only applies to a catcher.

https://baseballrulesacademy.com/user/official-rules/mlb/6-01-7-13-collisions-home-plate/
Farmer1906
AG
Watching MLB Net from last night.

They just called Will Harris, Will Smith....

But the stat they showed comparing Urquidy vs Verlander, Cole, & Greinke is so mind blowing. Baseball is something else.
Post removed:
by user
Farmer1906
AG
I agree. I think they'll both top their last start.

But let's not sleep on Mad Max. He was pretty average last time, but we couldn't cash in. He and Strasburg are good enough to shut down any offense.
Farmer1906
AG
HTownAg98
Beat40
Thanks.
redline248
AG
Went to a bar last night to watch the game and my phone died halfway through. It was fun to know the outcome and then come read posts from the first few innings here.
Philip J Fry
AG
annie88 said:

Well the Astros did.

Direct quote from Rudy. When will the media investigate the Nats twitter account for plagiarism?
aTm2004
AG
JJ with the shade.

Eso si, Que es
Bregxit said:

Urquidy with the best game score of any starter this WS so far with a 67.
So happy for Urquidy, that guy just dealt.

I have a strong feeling that 67 will be the 3rd best game score after tonight and 4th best at the end of the series. The Nats are a little shell shocked and I really think Cole pitches a gem tonight. Problem is, Max could also deal.

I think our gameplan tonight is to get to their bullpen (Corbin is not available to pick up Max again like game 1). At the end of 7, I think there will be less than 3.5 total runs on the board and if it is bullpen vs bullpen for 2 innings that bodes well for us IMO.
BMX Bandit
lda6339 said:

The series is not going back to Houston
Any other predictions Kreskin peckerwood?
agsquirrel97
AG
irish pete ag06 said:

Man I am going to have a bump party soon from all the those game 2 bleeders.
I think it would be an interesting exercise to compare the bleeders from game 2 who thought the series was over to the people who laughed at the media after game 4 of the ALCS who said if the Yankees win game 5 and force the bullpen game things would get interesting.

After game 4 certain people were cursing the media for even suggesting the Yankees could claw their way back into it. After game 5, they started banging the pots going as far as wanting to throw Cole on short rest in game 6.

I appreciate the people who can stay grounded during all of this and know that there is no clock in baseball and they play a buttload of games to try and find the best team, and that team is the Astros. A 7 game series may not prove Houston has the best team, but I truly feel that this will be the best all-around team I will see in my life wearing an Astros uniform and maybe any uniform, even if Miley imploded.
titanmaster_race
Farmer1906 said:

But let's not sleep on Mad Max. He was pretty average last time, but we couldn't cash in. He and Strasburg are good enough to shut down any offense.

That's who Scherzer has been post injury in 2019. I'm more concerned about Strasbourg shutting us down completely than I am Scherzer. But who knows, they're both incredible. I just don't think both Cole and Verlander will get an L again.
crowman2010
AG
BMX Bandit said:

That part of the rule only applies to a catcher.

https://baseballrulesacademy.com/user/official-rules/mlb/6-01-7-13-collisions-home-plate/

The rule would have been obstruction and the runner would have been awarded home.

We always teach our boys in a rundown situation, if you're close, run through the defender without the ball.
CoachAg19
AG
Will you save me some time and just tell me how many different threads you definitively stated that the series would not go back to Houston??? Hoping I can avoid that stupidity from now on.
Class of 2010
tjack16
AG
irish pete ag06 said:

Please do!
tjack16
AG
agsquirrel97 said:

irish pete ag06 said:

, but I truly feel that this will be the best all-around team I will see in my life wearing an Astros uniform and maybe any uniform, even if Miley imploded.

I actually think next season could be better even if we lose Cole.

We will have all of our lineup back, and could even replace Reddick with Tucker more often since he will start on the MLB roster. We also will have Alvarez from day 1. If Correa and Springer give us both 140+ games ... this team could win 110.

Our rotation (without Cole)
1. Verlander
2. Greinke
3. McCullers Jr
4. Urquidy
5. ????

Add Cole in there and that's the best in baseball once again
irish pete ag06
AG
So funny how the fans guts were both right near me in the bleachers last night. Me and my Astros bud were both saying "no no no" when we saw Josh James.

The nats fans were saying that when they saw Rodney.
titanmaster_race
I can't remember a recent World Series with better starting pitching across both teams. Between Verlander-Cole-Scherzer-Strasberg there are 18 all star seasons, 4 cy Young's (with at least 1 more to be awarded this season), an MVP trophy, and a first ballot Hall of famer.

That is incredible.

If you toss in Greinke-Corbin into the mix you end up with 27 all stars / 5+1 cy Young's / 1 MVP / 2 HOF locks
Deluxe
AG
irish pete ag06 said:

So funny how the fans guts were both right near me in the bleachers last night. Me and my Astros bud were both saying "no no no" when we saw Josh James.

The nats fans were saying that when they saw Rodney.

I was actually telling a buddy last night that Rainey is basically their James. Electric nasty stuff. Nearly unhittable when he's on. But command is lacking and you never know what you're going to get.
Farmer1906
AG
titanmaster_race said:

Farmer1906 said:

That's who Scherzer has been post injury in 2019. I'm more concerned about Strasbourg shutting us down completely than I am Scherzer. But who knows, they're both incredible. I just don't think both Cole and Verlander will get an L again.

Good point. I hadn't realize mad Max's struggle late.
Sid Farkas
AG
To be fair, game two was such an anomaly for the Stros...have never seen this crew look so lost and befuddled. Error prone..completely uncharacteristic.

The fact that loss was at home and put them at an 0-2 deficit- it's understandable some of us lost confidence (ftr, I was down and out, not angrily lashing out like some others)

My confidence is 100% back this morning...I only wish it wasn't clouded with this hangover
tjack16
AG
After game 2 I said Astros in 7

But if we win tonight I think we take it in 6.
Big Al 1992
AG
Oh by the way Uncle Mike is 6-13 this World Series.
Pahdz
Watching that Yuli play again, didn't realize live he had to switch the ball to his glove as he started his dive.

Guy is out of his damn mind with the leather right now
First Page Last Page
Page 1913 of 2128

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.