***** Official Houston Astros 2019 Season Thread *****

6,848,575 Views | 74452 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by PSully97
Prosperdick
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I love how all the promo's for tonight's game was "the Nats trying to take a commanding 3-1 lead" instead of the Astros tying it up at 2 a piece. I guess we'll get a lot of Scherzer trying to take the Nats to a 3-2 advantage tomorrow.
FrioAg 00
AG
A-Rod back to his bullsheet about tipping pitches

He just cannot accept that the nest team won, and that was the Astros over the Yankers.
n_touch
j_davis01 said:

A-Rod just can't say we hit the ball well without someone tipping pitches...

Thats ok he couldn't hit pitches without someone injecting him
DVC2010
AG
Out of the hole, and the Astros have looked like the better team in 4 out of 4 games. Let's win this thing on Tuesday!
annie88
AG
crowman2010 said:

aTm2004 said:

cap-n-jack said:

Texas Aggies win
tu loses
Astros win

Saturday Trifecta.

OU lost too
Currently a happy listless vessel and deplorable. #FJB TRUMP 2024.
k20dub
AG
lead
FrioAg 00 said:

He just cannot accept that the nest team won, and that was the Astros over the Yankers.
didn't watch, but all of the Nats pitchers were tipping?
Prime0882
AG
Best (and only) World Series game I've ever attended.
Eso si, Que es
DVC2010 said:

Out of the hole, and the Astros have looked like the better team in 4 out of 4 games. Let's win this thing on Tuesday!
Where were you on Wednesday? Let's not start talking crazy, we looked like poop on Wednesday. I agree with the sentiment, but let's not lose all credibility with white lies.
bearkatag15
AG
Fightin' Texas Aggie and Sam Houston State Bearkat
tjack16
AG

This belongs in a museum
AgHawkeye
AG
bearkatag15 said:

Who's going to tell him....wrong Jose.
agproducer
AG
Don't waste time with the FOX guys. MLB Network is where it's at.
annie88
AG
FrioAg 00 said:

He did actually say before this game tonight that the Astros would win this one and tie the series
Ag_07
AG
Y'all wanna hear something funny?

I got into an argument tonight with a buddy of mine who claims this BP has been shltty. He claims that yes Harris has been exceptionally good but he's bound to crash and burn soon. Other than Harris he doesn't trust anyone else.

He's a moron
Bobcat-Ag
k20dub said:

I love this and hate this!
bearkatag15
AG
the last of the bohemians
Bregman seems very focused in his interview
bearkatag15
AG
DVC2010
AG
Eso si, Que es said:

DVC2010 said:

Where were you on Wednesday? Let's not start talking crazy, we looked like poop on Wednesday. I agree with the sentiment, but let's not lose all credibility with white lies.

I was in the park on Wednesday. Look at the peripherals and get back to me. Nats were more lucky than good.
annie88
AG
Well the Astros did.

annie88
AG
Ag_07 said:

I got into an argument tonight with a buddy of mine who claims this BP has been shltty. He claims that yes Harris has been exceptionally good but he's bound to crash and burn soon. Other than Harris he doesn't trust anyone else.

He's a moron
Is he a sip or techtard?
byfLuger41
Frok
AG
Ag_07 said:

He's a moron

I questioned why Harris was still in the roster back in March. I missed the mark on that one
irish pete ag06
AG
Man I am going to have a bump party soon from all the those game 2 bleeders.
Philip J Fry
AG
How big was this Greinke trade now? I think today was a bit of a continuation from yesterday. We desperately needed for their timely hitting to get off track. Think/Hope Cole has a completely different putting tomorrow.
bearkatag15
AG
Tyrone_The_Tuna
AG
Just not getting to post. What a game!!! Bergman! Harris! Hell that diving play by Yuli. Great win tonight boys let's go get game 3 and 4!
Bregxit
AG
Urquidy with the best game score of any starter this WS so far with a 67.
Frok
AG
Looks like Hinch went through the same emotions as me in that moment......except I was thinking every expletive I could think of towards Hinch

But it worked out. And Urquidy just might be the CFM of this series
MathNewman06
AG
lead said:

FrioAg 00 said:

didn't watch, but all of the Nats pitchers were tipping?

Rodney was tipping his pitches. Every time his hat was crooked he threw a ball or hung a breaking ball.
AggiEE
Philip J Fry said:

How big was this Greinke trade now? I think today was a bit of a continuation from yesterday. We desperately needed for their timely hitting to get off track. Think/Hope Cole has a completely different putting tomorrow.

Greinke has been responsible for huge wins in the ALCS and now the WS. Without him, we may not make it to the WS.

So yes, especially with the end of the year implosion by Miley, his acquisition was critical. Imagine if we had also signed Morton how dominant we would have been in the playoffs this year, but I suppose it has made things interesting having a bit more of a challenge.
Shenaniganz
Just got back from the game and there was definitely something different in the air tonight. The Nats fans were never in it after the 1st inning. Some kept trying but after Bregman's slam, I'd say about 1/3 of the stands went home.

Some fans were talking about how "now we'll just have to take it at minute maid" all I'd say to them is "hey good luck tomorrow."

The Astros realized they had their back against the wall and stopped trying to hit it out of the park everytime and just focused on getting hits. Look at Bregman's hands on the grand slam, he was choked up on the bat, meaning he was just trying to put it in play.

If the Astros keep grinding at bat's and getting hits, this series is totally different than the first two games.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Sex Panther said:

MuckRaker96 said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Night_Game_(film)

If you've never seen this movie and you like the Astros, stay up all night until you can find it and watch it. If I had the money I'd rent a movie theater and invite you all to watch it.

lolol... how the **** have I never heard of this?
A buddy and I rented it from the Blockbuster in COllege Station n the mid 1990s - walking around looking at movies and thinking "Why is the Astrodome on the cover of this box?"

We watched it on a Friday night and insisted everyone we knew from the H came over to atch on Saturday. It is so terrible. Bob Allen from CH 11/13 is in it as the Astros play by play guy.

I found the trailer. If you ever wondered what's more exciting than Glenn Davis hitting a HR, it's that followed by someone getting murdered. And the music is so out of place here.

CoachRTM
AG
I was ok with pulling Urquidy. He was starting to lose command, he was about to have to start the third time through the lineup, and Chirinos gave Hinch a look that said enough.

If Urquidy has come out and had the same inning that James had, maybe he loses a bit of confidence. As is, the dude is now sitting on cloud 9, and you know the Nationals will all hang their heads a little bit if he comes out of the pen in game 6 or 7.

Now, The decision to go with Josh james leading into the heart of their order is a different story.
First Page Last Page
Page 1912 of 2128

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.