***** Official Houston Astros 2019 Season Thread *****

6,848,726 Views | 74452 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by PSully97
Deluxe
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Farmer1906 said:

Sex Panther said:

Jesus... Patrick Corbin got 140 million???

Cole is going to be a billionaire

Did you miss his 2018? He was dominant.

13th best pitcher fWAR in baseball in 2019 too
Beat40
Absolute best start tonight would be to get 2 or 3 runs in the top of the first. Allows Cole to have some breathing room and attack. If we get that 2-3 run lead, Gerrit will destroy.
Deluxe
AG
I actually think that was Cole's "this kid is just incredible" reaction. Hitting a World Series grand slam is something Bregman would do and Cole knows it.

The "lost a bet" idea doesn't make as much sense to me because why would he bet against Bregman hitting a grand slam.
aTm2004
AG
Anybody notice that after Greinke played some chin music that Soto has been so?
Texas A&M
Super pumped for tonight's game! I've been out of the country for the first four, so I'm ready for some Astros baseball.

The flight back to Houston last night was fun though. I paid for internet just to get the game tracker. When Bregman hit the grand slam, a cheer went up a few rows behind me about 20 seconds before my feed updated. I was just hoping he had knocked in a run or two.
Sid Farkas
AG
aTm2004 said:

Did that happen on Soto's 21st birthday?
Pahdz
Baseball can be slow sometimes and there is a lot of down time in that dugout especially as a SP who isn't pitching. There was definitely something on the line between those two
aggiechris06
AG
tjholley16 said:

agsquirrel97 said:

irish pete ag06 said:

Man I am going to have a bump party soon from all the those game 2 bleeders.
, but I truly feel that this will be the best all-around team I will see in my life wearing an Astros uniform and maybe any uniform, even if Miley imploded.

I actually think next season could be better even if we lose Cole.

We will have all of our lineup back, and could even replace Reddick with Tucker more often since he will start on the MLB roster. We also will have Alvarez from day 1. If Correa and Springer give us both 140+ games ... this team could win 110.

Our rotation (without Cole)
1. Verlander
2. Greinke
3. McCullers Jr
4. Urquidy
5. ????

Add Cole in there and that's the best in baseball once again

5. ???? --> Profit
Prosperdick
AG
TAKE IT BACK MOTHF*CKERS!!!!!
Sid Farkas
AG
Keeping my WS high going...chasing the dragon on satellite radio, Twitter, and tv. Just ran across Christopher Russo on mlb tv...first time to watch his show.

anyone else find his ramshackle pace and constant yelling totally exhausting? Impossible to focus on wtf he's saying. I gotta change channels or else I'll have a seizure
Texaggie7nine
Philip J Fry said:

Bregxit said:

So last night after Breg's slam they showed Cole and JV reacting. They both jumped up excitedly then when it got out JV was elated and Cole looked "mad"...then JV smacked Cole on the shoulder and started laughing. Anyone have any idea what that was about?

My guess is they had a bet...just curious if anyone has seen an interview that confirmed.

Went into instant game mode. Cole was thinking about going up 3-2 last night as soon as Bregman hit the slam.

Agreed. That was his. "This series is our's again." Face.
7nine
aggiechris06
AG
I'll bet you Cole was just pretending like nothing happened...sure he gave Alex some love eventually.... Ala when a newbie hits his first homer...

Watching Cole and Verlander's reactions was one of my favorite parts of that replay
n_touch
Sid Farkas
AG
Sid Farkas said:

Keeping my WS high going...chasing the dragon on satellite radio, Twitter, and tv. Just ran across Christopher Russo on mlb tv...first time to watch his show.

anyone else find his ramshackle pace and constant yelling totally exhausting? Impossible to focus on wtf he's saying. I gotta change channels or else I'll have a seizure
Fwiw, he's interviewing Hinch now...some of you will be happy to hear Hinch expressing minor regret for taking Urquidy out when he did.
Mr.Bond
AG
n_touch said:

BTW I want one of these to match mine from 2017 please
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

Bregxit
AG
Deluxe said:

I actually think that was Cole's "this kid is just incredible" reaction. Hitting a World Series grand slam is something Bregman would do and Cole knows it.

The "lost a bet" idea doesn't make as much sense to me because why would he bet against Bregman hitting a grand slam.

I dunno...I just picture something like JV saying "Hey bet ya a hundred grand Bregs hits a granny here" and Cole saying "Yeah man you're on!" Then Cole starts wishing the ball to hit off the wall and when it goes over JV jumps up and down like he won a hundred grand (smacking Cole on the shoulder in a "Told ya so!" Kind of way) and Cole thinking "Damn I lost half a game check".
the last of the bohemians
Taking out urquindy is somewhat understandable, but bringing in "I will walk everybody " James with top of the lineup coming up was completely off the mark. We got away with it, thanks to Harris
Deluxe
AG
Bregxit said:

Deluxe said:

I dunno...I just picture something like JV saying "Hey bet ya a hundred grand Bregs hits a granny here" and Cole saying "Yeah man you're on!" Then Cole starts wishing the ball to hit off the wall and when it goes over JV jumps up and down like he won a hundred grand (smacking Cole on the shoulder in a "Told ya so!" Kind of way) and Cole thinking "Damn I lost half a game check".

Hopefully one day we'll know the truth. To me, the "lost a bet" reaction would be to celebrate like normal and then go up to JV afterward and smile and say "you *******" or something like that. Cole's reaction seemed more like "wow, that's amazing. Can't believe Bregs always does that. LFG. Give me the damn ball tomorrow."
Threadbare
aTm2004 said:

If the Astros manage to pull this thing out, that may well be the most under-appreciated and least talked about critical moment in this series.

(Can you imagine what Bob Gibson would have done if a batter had done that bush-league, goofy crap facing him? He probably would have killed that guy and two of his teammates, and then struck out the side...)
Frok
AG
I should have taken that guy up on his hat promise. I was too upset at the time
8T2
the last of the bohemians said:

Taking out urquindy is somewhat understandable, but bringing in "I will walk everybody " James with top of the lineup coming up was completely off the mark. We got away with it, thanks to Harris
I don't know if it has been discussed, but the number of walks given up is likely pitching strategy after giving up so many homers in the first 2 games. And, it seems to be effective. Only 2 runs surrendered in games 3 and 4.
streetfighter2012
AG
Any suggestions or tips for SRO? Just got my tickets for Tuesday night!
tjack16
AG
streetfighter2012 said:

Any suggestions or tips for SRO? Just got my tickets for Tuesday night!

Get there when gates open.... pick a spot and stay there. People will take your spot if you leave

No liquids after 1 and pee before
astros4545
AG
Cole lost a bet to Jv

They are notorious wife swappers judging by how friendly Amy and Kate are with each other

I think we know JV has a threesome coming his way
Tyrone_The_Tuna
AG
astros4545 said:

Cole lost a bet to Jv

They are notorious wife swappers judging by how friendly Amy and Kate are with each other

I think we know JV has a threesome coming his way
annie88
AG
I'm ready. Just do this Astros.
Currently a happy listless vessel and deplorable. #FJB TRUMP 2024.
DenverAg91
AG
n_touch
TXMatt15 said:

Prime0882
AG
TXMatt15 said:

MOCO9
AG
No way
Andyzipp
AG
Something called "Joe Ross" is starting for the Nats.
Sex Panther
AG

Post removed:
by user
Nuke LaLoosh
AG
Mr.Bond
AG
Neck spasms
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

First Page Last Page
Page 1915 of 2128

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.