***** Official Houston Astros 2019 Season Thread *****

6,847,236 Views | 74452 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by PSully97
Bregxit
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Nuke LaLoosh said:

Deluxe said:

Before the playoffs begin, quick thanks to all the fellow posters who make this thread a good place to talk Astros and procrastinate on more important life matters:

Mazag - excellent OP
Ag07 - the voice of reason
AggiEE - I expect full on complaining that Tucker should start if Reddick doesn't go 4/4 today
Farmer1906 kind of like Gilfoyle from Silicon Valley (smart/informed takes, he's usually always right but he's kind of an ass sometimes)
Marvin - the guy you want to grab a beer and BS with

Mathguy, Harry Dunne, Teddy, CFTXAG, redline, Frok, beat40, EastCoastAgNc, Rusty, astros4545, W, willjohnathan, bearkatag15, Mr. Bond and to those unnamed

I've enjoyed reading everyone's takes this year. This is a really fun thread, made more fun by the fact that we get to follow our favorite team going through what might be its pinnacle moment as a franchise.

107 wins. JV, Cole, Greinke. Seven hitters flirting with .900+ OPS. Regular seasons don't get much better than that. Time to cash it in with a ring!

Hey man, screw you too

+1!!!!

And I just realized we got all the way through the season without me having to ignore Nuke...the world must be about to end!
wangus12
AG
Guess I'm just here to post rally tits
iBrad
AG
bobinator said:

Ag12thman said:

Miley has been so shaky for several straight outings that I think you gotta use him as a last resort.
I assume Miley is on the roster to eat innings should a game get out of hand one way or the other.
I imagine Miley made the roster because he's the lone lefty and the rays can roll out a lot of left-handed hitters.
tjack16
AG
wangus12 said:

an honorable profession my good sir
David_Puddy
AG
Heading downtown to Irma's around 11 to pregame......hoping it isn't too packed by then.
k20dub
AG
wangus12 said:

bobinator
AG
I just don't trust Miley to get anyone out. So I have a hard time imagining a scenario other than it being like 8-0 or something where you'd feel like 'okay, I'm good with Miley here.'
Farmer1906
AG

Lots of lefties
n_touch
Will be in the air during the game, really hoping the wifi works
Farmer1906
AG
JV is actually better against lefties this year.
Farmer1906
AG
Idk who that is (haven't watched SV yet) but I'm taking that as a compliment.

Add yourself to that list because you da real MVP.
Farmer1906
AG
And you didn't list Irish because he's been MIA often this year, but that guy is nails. Hopefully he's here for the postseason.
McGibblets
AG
Time to start making room on the wall for another n_touch plaque
irish pete ag06
AG
Farmer1906 said:

And you didn't list Irish because he's been MIA often this year, but that guy is nails. Hopefully he's here for the postseason.

I'm here. I'm a high school football coach, so time is scarce to post.
Marvin
AG
Deluxe said:

Before the playoffs begin, quick thanks to all the fellow posters who make this thread a good place to talk Astros and procrastinate on more important life matters:

Mazag - excellent OP
Ag07 - the voice of reason
AggiEE - I expect full on complaining that Tucker should start if Reddick doesn't go 4/4 today
Farmer1906 kind of like Gilfoyle from Silicon Valley (smart/informed takes, he's usually always right but he's kind of an ass sometimes)
Marvin - the guy you want to grab a beer and BS with

Mathguy, Harry Dunne, Teddy, CFTXAG, redline, Frok, beat40, EastCoastAgNc, Rusty, astros4545, W, willjohnathan, bearkatag15, Mr. Bond, NUKE LALOOSH!!!, Bregxit!!!!, and to those unnamed

I've enjoyed reading everyone's takes this year. This is a really fun thread, made more fun by the fact that we get to follow our favorite team going through what might be its pinnacle moment as a franchise.

107 wins. JV, Cole, Greinke. Seven hitters flirting with .900+ OPS. Regular seasons don't get much better than that. Time to cash it in with a ring!

This might be the proudest moment of my internet life... the tab is open and you boys are welcome any time!
I love Texas Aggie sports, but I love Texas A&M more.
Ag12thman
AG
The good thing is they already expired Morton until - what - game 3?
Marvin
AG
Ag12thman said:

The good thing is they already expired Morton until - what - game 3?

You'd think. I really hope the bats can light up the first few innings and get into their pen... if for no other reason than to wear them down for later in the series (if necessary).
I love Texas Aggie sports, but I love Texas A&M more.
Deluxe
AG
Farmer1906 said:

Yes. Irish Pete added
n_touch
WTF Deluxe
Deluxe
AG
n_touch said:

WTF Deluxe

Fixed
AustinCountyAg
astros need Brantley to get hot....If he does they will roll. most teams will pitch around bregman and they are gunna make alvarez and brantley beat them.
07ag
AG
if xfinity won't let you watch at work, https://mlb66.ir/
https://ts.la/eric59704
Mr President Elect
AG
BMo said:

Does anyone know if the game this afternoon will be available through the mlb app? I'm with Dish and apparently the FS1 channel is not available due dispute between Fox and Dish. Thanks.
Sign up for a free trial for a streaming service. Most of them at least give a one week free trial. I know YoutubeTV has FS1, as well as probably most of the others.
gigemJTH12
AG
$40 fee per ticket on stub hub. Lord.

Thought I was getting club seats for 130 but 175 is nuts. I never have to buy tickets so not used to this haha.

Any advice? Should I keep waiting?
n_touch
Quote:

Any advice?

Lube and relax
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno
AG
gigemJTH12 said:

Thought I was getting club seats for 130 but 175 is nuts. I never have to buy tickets so not used to this haha.

Try your luck with a scalper at the park?

Although I have heard of last minute stub hub discounts like right before the close
KC_Ag14
AG
Deluxe's post is motivation for me to not just come in after the ASB from now on. Of course, if we win the WS, I'll have no choice but continue joining the board in late July forever. Remember the name just in case!
Bregxit
AG
gigemJTH12 said:

Checked Seat Geek...100s have a $62 fee, 200s is $44, 400s is $14. What a racket!
redline248
AG
Seems like a decent post to separate regulars from the bandwagon posters that show up to complain in the 2nd inning, tonight
dshedd41
S
going to the game today!
Who else is going?
Gig’em Aggies!
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno
AG
redline248 said:

Seems like a decent post to separate regulars from the bandwagon posters that show up to complain in the 2nd inning, tonight

Or ask if we have home field locked up thirteen gajillion times
David_Puddy
AG
dshedd14 said:

going to the game today!
Who else is going?

Meeeeeeeee
redline248
AG
I saw someone ask that after Tampa beat the As, and I laughed
Ag13
AG
dshedd14 said:

going to the game today!
Who else is going?
I'll be there. Counting down the minutes at work.
Bregxit
AG
redline248 said:

I saw someone ask that after Tampa beat the As, and I laughed

I think that was Farmer being funny.
First Page Last Page
Page 1166 of 2128

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.