***** Official Houston Astros 2019 Season Thread *****

6,848,859 Views | 74452 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by PSully97
gambochaman
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
soexcitedsoscared.gif
EastCoastAgNc
AG
If I remember correctly they don't show postseason games on the app. I think you can stream the radio call but not the video.
Beat40
I'll be listening to Ford and Sparkie from the office today!

The accounting closes don't stop for anyone, even the Astros!

Let's get a lead off Springer Dinger and set the mood right!
Mr.Ackar07
mathguy86 said:

Class this morning at 8 and 9:20 and I'm done by 10:30. Finally paid off to teach a crack of dawn class.
Let me guess. You teach math don't you?
Texaggie7nine
Headed to galveston for the weekend. Gonna stop at Pluckers in Clear lake to watch.
7nine
Frok
AG
Rays pitching concerns me. They are legit. Astros lineup has got to come through and get it done.

CFTXAG10
AG
YNWA_AG
AG
I like it
redline248
AG
CFTXAG10
AG
LFG!

bobinator
AG
I hate having to be at the office during the postseason. I have no doubt like four random meetings are going to be called this afternoon.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
everybody's capable at this round, and the Rays should have a ton of confidence manhandling oakland. still it's tough to jump from one do-or-die game right into a series with a well-rested team on its home turf. It reminds me of the NBA Playoffs where your squad would win a brutal long series in Game 7, then turn around 48 hours later on the road against a higher seed and just get decimated.

over/under on innings until Correa gets "hurt" again?
Teddy Perkins
AG
Wow, Rondon made it over Abreu. Didn't see that coming. Miley on the roster too.
rosco511
AG
I wish they would have given Abreu a spot.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
i know miley was a real contributor for the first 4 months of the year, but i'd hate to see the circumstances where he gets into a game.
Deluxe
AG
Teddy Perkins said:

Wow, Rondon made it over Abreu. Didn't see that coming. Miley on the roster too.
I remember Rondon's feelings were really hurt last year when he was left off the ALDS roster. Wonder if that was a factor.

Quote:

"I gave him a little bit of space. He was very upset, and rightfully so," Hinch said Friday. "I'd never get mad at a player who was emotional at his personal situation. But we've got to set up a process to be ready to go next weekend if we advance."

Rondon did not join the Astros along the first-base line for the national anthem prior to Game 1. He was introduced along with the other Astros reserves even the ones who did not make the ALDS roster. The righthander did not run out of the dugout to join his team when his name was called.
Mathguy64
AG
Got 24/25 right. I had Devo over smith. I thought they might value his COD on lefties over Smith's motion and frisbee slider to righties.
Deluxe
AG
bobinator said:

I hate having to be at the office during the postseason. I have no doubt like four random meetings are going to be called this afternoon.
Welcome back bobinator!
Basketball and Chain
AG
Anyone want two tickets to the game today? Something came up at work. Not great seats but they're in the stadium.
KC_Ag14
AG
Soooo free? Or????
Basketball and Chain
AG
Free, as long as you're going to use them and no flip them
Aggie1391
I'll take them if no one else if ahead of me!
Nuke LaLoosh
AG
Basketball and Chain said:

Anyone want two tickets to the game today? Something came up at work. Not great seats but they're in the stadium.

Badass offer homie
bobinator
AG
I've been lurking around all season, just haven't posted as much.
Basketball and Chain
AG
Send me your contact info. They're on the MLB ballpark ap, so I'll forward them to you and you can claim them.

Gigem07ags [at] gmail [dot] com
Ag12thman
AG
Miley has been so shaky for several straight outings that I think you gotta use him as a last resort.
KC_Ag14
AG
Basketball and Chain said:

Send me your contact info. They're on the MLB ballpark ap, so I'll forward them to you and you can claim them.

Gigem07ags [at] gmail [dot] com

Would I classify as being first? If so, I'd like them.
Basketball and Chain
AG
KC Ag got them. He asked about them first.
Aggie1391
I think you were first, I emailed him already but hopefully he sends them to you instead. If not, I will
Deluxe
AG
Before the playoffs begin, quick thanks to all the fellow posters who make this thread a good place to talk Astros and procrastinate on more important life matters:

Mazag - excellent OP
Ag07 - the voice of reason
AggiEE - I expect full on complaining that Tucker should start if Reddick doesn't go 4/4 today
Farmer1906 - kind of like Gilfoyle from Silicon Valley (smart/informed takes, he's usually always right but he's kind of an ass sometimes)
Marvin - the guy you want to grab a beer and BS with
Spadily!!!! - gif machine
Agproducer!!!! - additional insights to calm people down
Charlie Conway - his selfless act during the 1994 goodwill games allowed for Russ Tyler's knuckleball to get in the lineup
iBrad

Mathguy, Harry Dunne, Teddy, CFTXAG, redline, Frok, beat40, EastCoastAgNc, Rusty, astros4545, W, willjohnathan, bearkatag15, Mr. Bond, NUKE LALOOSH!!!, Bregxit!!!!, IRISH PETE!!!!!, n_touch!!!, agsportsfan89!!!! and to those unnamed

I've enjoyed reading everyone's takes this year. This is a really fun thread, made more fun by the fact that we get to follow our favorite team going through what might be its pinnacle moment as a franchise.

107 wins. JV, Cole, Greinke. Seven hitters flirting with .900+ OPS. Regular seasons don't get much better than that. Time to cash it in with a ring!
KC_Ag14
AG
Aggie1391 said:

I think you were first, I emailed him already but hopefully he sends them to you instead. If not, I will

They're received. Thanks to Basketball and Chain & Aggie1391! I'll have enough Crawford Bocks for the three of us today... will only run me $100 Go Stros!
Nuke LaLoosh
AG
Deluxe said:

Before the playoffs begin, quick thanks to all the fellow posters who make this thread a good place to talk Astros and procrastinate on more important life matters:

Mazag - excellent OP
Ag07 - the voice of reason
AggiEE - I expect full on complaining that Tucker should start if Reddick doesn't go 4/4 today
Farmer1906 kind of like Gilfoyle from Silicon Valley (smart/informed takes, he's usually always right but he's kind of an ass sometimes)
Marvin - the guy you want to grab a beer and BS with

Mathguy, Harry Dunne, Teddy, CFTXAG, redline, Frok, beat40, EastCoastAgNc, Rusty, astros4545, W, willjohnathan, bearkatag15, Mr. Bond and to those unnamed

I've enjoyed reading everyone's takes this year. This is a really fun thread, made more fun by the fact that we get to follow our favorite team going through what might be its pinnacle moment as a franchise.

107 wins. JV, Cole, Greinke. Seven hitters flirting with .900+ OPS. Regular seasons don't get much better than that. Time to cash it in with a ring!

Hey man, screw you too
Deluxe
AG
Fixed
bobinator
AG
Ag12thman said:

Miley has been so shaky for several straight outings that I think you gotta use him as a last resort.
I assume Miley is on the roster to eat innings should a game get out of hand one way or the other.
CFTXAG10
AG
IMO you would be hard pressed to find a better place to talk Astros baseball than right here.

Now lets go win the whole damn thing!
First Page Last Page
Page 1165 of 2128

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.