***** Official Houston Astros 2017 Season Thread *****

5,322,255 Views | 60281 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by AstroAggie15
EagleAg19
How long do you want to ignore this user?
This board was so much more pleasant without you. Not giving you all the credit, but good lord, give it a rest
cone
AG
hopefully my watch will end Sunday
agdaddy04
AG
Man I'm glad I have no idea what cone is saying right now. This ignore feature is great.
agdaddy04
AG
So I was supposed to be asleep quite awhile ago but now it looks like it's going to be an all nighter. Guess I'm just getting prepared for what it's going to be like after our daughter will be born at 6:30.

See you guys on Friday. Section 124
BTKAG97
AG
Dirty Mike and the Boys said:

Premium said:

I'll probably

1. Watch Astros live
2. Record Aggies
3. Religiously follow TexAgs
4. ???
5. Profit
FIFY
I've superstitiously stayed off Texags. Go Stros!
BTKAG97
AG
cone said:

K. Giles 2017 postseason

7.2 IP

10 H

7 ER

4 BB

3 HR

8.22 ERA

i'm sorry, but he's done
Will you please go bleed some where else?
Wabs
AG
Best baseball game I've ever watched. Holy **** that was awesome
byfLuger41
AG
I'm gonna engage the ignore feature for anyone who quotes cone.

I make a motion that nobody can quote cone's posts.

Do I have a second?
agdaddy04
AG
I second that
BowSowy
AG
****in cone, insufferable *****.

I was excited to see a bunch of posts after midnight because I figured it would be a lot of fun celebrations. Nope, mostly just ****in cone.
gambochaman
AG
I dont regret going to bed...I do regret being a lil beetch

i sincerely apologize to you all

3B Paul 97
AG
Great game. Needed that split. Want to see the boys win at least 2 at home. Glad to see the bats start to come to life on the road. Let's make this a weekend to remember.
maca1028
So tired...
maca1028
gambochaman said:

I dont regret going to bed...I do regret being a lil beetch

i sincerely apologize to you all

I'm up know!
JYDog90
AG
It seems to me that Dave Roberts did the Stros a huge favor by parading that whole bullpen out there last night.

The mystique of having them all kinda hanging out behind the bullpen wall lent to a narrative, "oh, the vaunted dodger bullpen...you'll never get any runs off of them." And it seemed like that narrative was fulfilled in game 1 and since we saw very few of them it was perpetuated.

But sending all of them out there, there's no more mystery. Even Frank Thomas said that once they got to the closer, it straightened out the pitches of everybody else behind him.

I think Roberts over-managing that game may be the biggest key in the Astros winning the series.
BMX Bandit
I'd put that after line drive hitting the umpire behind 2nd base
agdaddy04
AG
You missed it??
BringJackieBack89
AG
I'd say Giles stays closer but with a VERY short leash. In fact, I expect that to be the case with all the bullpen from here on out. And I have no issue with this...go with the hot hand (or arm).
monarch
S
Line drive? How about a pick-off attempt?
Peace for Ukraine!
cone
AG

https://www.yahoo.com/amphtml/sports/astros-won-epic-homer-happy-world-series-game-2-091418878.html
BMX Bandit
monarch said:

Line drive? How about a pick-off attempt?
that too!

[need coffee]
byfLuger41
AG
At work on 2.5 hr's of sleep.

I see an extended lunch with power nap in my future.

Still chubbed up from last night though. Feel like Randy Marsh!
Nuke LaLoosh
AG
This day is not going to be fun
BowSowy
AG
BringJackieBack89 said:

I'd say Giles stays closer but with a VERY short leash. In fact, I expect that to be the case with all the bullpen from here on out. And I have no issue with this...go with the hot hand (or arm).
Agreed. Please, please no more 6 out saves.
gambochaman
AG
agdaddy04 said:

You missed it??
I had a horrible night's sleep Tuesday night, so I was very irritable most of the day and the game just made me irate...so by the 7th inning, with a horrendous headache, i decided to call it a night, popped some tylenol PM and went to bed....that was the right decision for me....and even knowing the result today, I'd still do it all over again

I just wanted to apologize for bleeding all over the thread for a few posts during the game
Post removed:
by user
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
I'm torn here but I know what I have to do.

I watched all of Game 1, and as we know, the Astros lost.
Last night amid all the school and church activities with my daughter and my wife, I didn't get a chance to sit down in front of the TV. By the time we got home, it was late but we were still working with my daughter on prepping her for a test she has this morning in first period (sixth grade science). I had checked the score on-line and saw the Astros were down, and decided that I didn't need to watch, so I never turned on the TV. Once the daughter was off to bed, I could have turned on the TV but something told me not to. I sat here pressing F5 repeatedly getting my in-game updates via this thread. Emotions were up and down and all over the place, but ultimately the Astros took Game 2.

Clearly I cannot watch any remaining games on TV, and as a life-long Astros fan, that is truly bothersome.
JYDog90
AG
Guess you're going to have to go see them in person.
gambochaman
AG
Same for me...i went to bed in the bottom on the 7th after their runner reached 3rd....so the good stuff started after I turned it off
Mathguy64
AG
gambochaman said:

agdaddy04 said:

You missed it??
I had a horrible night's sleep Tuesday night, so I was very irritable most of the day and the game just made me irate...so by the 7th inning, with a horrendous headache, i decided to call it a night, popped some tylenol PM and went to bed....that was the right decision for me....and even knowing the result today, I'd still do it all over again

I just wanted to apologize for bleeding all over the thread for a few posts during the game
So to catch you up.

Correa drove in Bregman in the 8th. 2-3.
Marwin hit a HR in 9th off their closer to tie it. 3-3
I posted Kate's bare tits for 30 seconds.
Tuve and Correa went back to back in the 10th. Correa stood, watched it and did a bat launch. 5-3.
An idiot jumped into our bullpen.
Puig homered off Giles and laid his bat down on the plate. Giles then gave up the tying run and got pulled. 5-5
Devo threw a wild pickoff to 2B and hit the ump damn near in the junk.
Dodgers use their last bull pen arm.
Maybin singled and stole 2B in 11th.
Springer dinger! 7-5.
Bottom of 11 a dude with 2 hits all year hits a bomb. 7-6.
Whiff Puig to end game 7-6
Rest of free world joins you in going to bed. Most of free world cannot go to sleep and lay there for hours.

Schrute
I was so close to turning it off after the 7th inning and just going to bed. Thank you Lord Jesus for keeping me awake, somehow some way, to see the best baseball game I've ever watched. What a roller coaster ride.....and what an unbelievable performance by our team.

Now....back to H-town.....

CT75
AG
Was a 9 year old kid just starting Little League when Houston got the franchise in 1962. Followed the team religiously over the early years. Clung to the radio at night listening to Gene Elston and Loel Passe. I had gotten to the point that I never thought we'd attone for the 1980 loss to the Phillies, the '86 loss to the Mets and several bullpen meltdowns of recent note. Despite living in different parts of the country.....they have always been my team.

Great job guys....I feel like the monkey is off their backs.
JYDog90
AG
mathguy86 said:

gambochaman said:

agdaddy04 said:

You missed it??

So to catch you up.

Correa drove in Bregman in the 8th. 2-3.
Marwin hit a HR in 9th off their closer to tie it. 3-3
I posted Kate's bare tits for 30 seconds.
Tuve and Correa went back to back in the 10th. Correa stood, watched it and did a bat launch. 5-3.
An idiot jumped into our bullpen.
Puig homered off Giles and laid his bat down on the plate. Giles then gave up the tying run and got pulled. 5-5
Devo threw a wild pickoff to 2B and hit the ump damn near in the junk.
Dodgers use their last bull pen arm.
Maybin singled and stole 2B in 11th.
Springer dinger! 7-5.
Bottom of 11 a dude with 2 hits all year hits a bomb. 7-6.
Whiff Puig to end game 7-6
Rest of free world joins you in going to bed. Most of free world cannot go to sleep and lay there for hours.

Everybody is talking about Correa's bat flip but why does no one mention Joc Pederson acting like a freaking fool on his homer and Corey Seager's antics at the plate?
Schrute
Just hit a extra inning World Series HR in a game that looked like they'd lose...and he's supposed to act like it's a 3rd inning HR in May. Yeah....
JABQ04
AG
All I can say is I am glad I don't have work today. This weekend though, works gonna suck.....
First Page Last Page
Page 1341 of 1723

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.