***** 2019-2020 San Antonio Spurs *****

125,212 Views | 1463 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Enzo The Baker
Fairview20
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
The future of the Clippers is extremely bleak unless they make something happen next year. Kawhi, PG, and pretty much every important role player could become a free agent in '21, leaving the entire franchise empty handed having mortgaged their entire future. Will be interesting to see if they try to re-sign Morris and Harrell this offseason and try to run it back completely.
Chipotlemonger
AG
Yea PG's comments after they lost were so nonchalant, and he basically denied that it was 'championship or bust'...but it most definitely is 'championship or bust'
Obi Wan Ginobili
Fairview20 said:

The future of the Clippers is extremely bleak unless they make something happen next year. Kawhi, PG, and pretty much every important role player could become a free agent in '21, leaving the entire franchise empty handed having mortgaged their entire future. Will be interesting to see if they try to re-sign Morris and Harrell this offseason and try to run it back completely.
I don't envy their draft situation for the next half decade, but at the VERY least, they have a great team owner, they are still a Los Angeles team, and they are soon to have a shiny new stadium. They are likely going to still have some free agency pull if/when the time comes.
Fairview20
AG
Oh for sure, but they're going to have to rely almost exclusively on that. I'm more curious about whether Kawhi would stay or go if they don't improve next season.
azul_rain
you may all go to hell and i will go to Texas
Enzo The Baker
AG
hedge said:

Great point.
Guitarsoup
AG
Enzo The Baker said:

Guitarsoup said:

I don't know that that is all on Doc. Kawhi was trying to get the Spurs to trade for Paul George years ago, but the Spurs didn't have enough bullets to make the deal. That was Kawhi's hand picked Robin.

Could you imagine the pacers getting fleeced by the Spurs twice? They were probably asking for the world.
"Here you go, Paul George for Jon Simmons, Davis Bertans, DJ Murray, and Pau Gasol. Also you can pick swap us next year"
Enzo The Baker
AG
A source from the Athletic says DeMar doesn't like SA and wants out.

Depending on the CBA, I wonder if he will just opt out of the contract. I could see him going home to LA and signing with the Lakers for the MLE.
Obi Wan Ginobili
Enzo The Baker said:

A source from the Athletic says DeMar doesn't like SA and wants out.

Depending on the CBA, I wonder if he will just opt out of the contract. I could see him going home to LA and signing with the Lakers for the MLE.
Nothing surprising about that. Nobody here to worship his stupid ass dribble around and take turn around fade away 20 footer game.

He would be a moron to opt out. He won't come close to getting 27 million from anyone. Best to opt in for one more big paycheck year, wait to see where the real big name free agents end up next summer, and go chase rings with his buddies.
Enzo The Baker
AG
I agree.
Enzo The Baker
AG
There have been more rumblings of Derozan trades. Bucks and Nets are thought to be interested.
West Texan
AG
Enzo The Baker said:

There have been more rumblings of Derozan trades. Bucks and Nets are thought to be interested.

Demar for Giannis.
Enzo The Baker
AG

Finally some fiesta unis. Pretty plain but a step in the right direction. Throw back to the old warmups. The shorts are badass though.
Guitarsoup
AG
Enzo The Baker said:

Not sure who we would want from the Nets.

Caris LeVert+DeAndre Jordan would fit, but not sure I want Jordan's contract.
Enzo The Baker
AG
I like LeVert. Derozan is better right now but LeVert would be better long term assuming he stays healthy. DeAndre wouldn't be traded because he is buddies with KD. So I don't think there is anything there to make the salaries match. I would also like Allen. An upgrade over Poeltl.

I kind of think it's going to be impossible to trade Derozan. The player option for $27M makes makes it very challenging. I'm not even sure how that would work. When can he opt in? Now or not until FA?
Guitarsoup
AG
Brooklyn is already over the luxury tax by 7mm. To go there, he has to opt in and be traded. They can't do a S&T to get him.

But they could S&T Joe Harris and add Caris for Derozan.

Allen would be fantastic if they let us have him.
Guitarsoup
AG

How long would the NBA suspend Tim and Tony for this today.
Obi Wan Ginobili
They would be cancel cultured right off the planet
Enzo The Baker
AG
Spurs have worked out Avdija.
Enzo The Baker
AG
Per Lowe on his most recent pod.
Quote:

"Someone within the league texted me today that hey, there's a little bit of buzz about number two to San Antonio for LaMarcus Aldridge and number eleven. And obviously there would have to be salary going out."
He goes on to say that the Warriors would be stupid to do this. But there is at least a little smoke out there that the Spurs are considering moving up the draft.
Guitarsoup
AG
Enzo The Baker said:

Quote:

"Someone within the league texted me today that hey, there's a little bit of buzz about number two to San Antonio for LaMarcus Aldridge and number eleven. And obviously there would have to be salary going out."
He goes on to say that the Warriors would be stupid to do this. But there is at least a little smoke out there that the Spurs are considering moving up the draft.
Their only players with salary over $2mm.

Looney 4.8
Dray Green 22
Wiggins 29.5
Klay 35
Steph 43

Really don't want to take back Wiggins' 3y64mm contract.
Enzo The Baker
AG
Guitarsoup said:

Enzo The Baker said:

Quote:

Their only players with salary over $2mm.

Looney 4.8
Dray Green 22
Wiggins 29.5
Klay 35
Steph 43

Really don't want to take back Wiggins' 3y64mm contract.

Don't forget that GS has a 17mm trade exception they have to burn if they want to take advantage of it. I'd take back Wiggins contract. It's not like we are going to be spending that money on any FAs wanting to come here. This is assuming the Spurs see a future star in the #2 pick of course.
Guitarsoup
AG
Not sure any team is going to want to pay a ton of tax next year with the possibility of shortened season with no fans.
Guitarsoup
AG
The cap and tax are staying the same.
West Texan
AG

Avdija, Okongwu, and Okoro are all projected to be gone well before the Spurs pick at 11. Just adds more smoke to possibly trading up.
West Texan
AG
Enzo The Baker
AG
West Texan said:

Avdija, Okongwu, and Okoro are all projected to be gone well before the Spurs pick at 11. Just adds more smoke to possibly trading up.

As long as they do it without giving up future draft picks, I'm on board.
Enzo The Baker
AG

I can't remember when there has been this much smoke involved with the Spurs.

LawHall88
AG

Enzo The Baker
AG
Yea. Duncan was always a player development type. I'm sure it's hard to watch from the sideline. He probably wants to suit up.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.