***** 2019-2020 San Antonio Spurs *****

125,220 Views | 1463 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Enzo The Baker
West Texan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Former 5th overall pick Thomas Robinson is on our summer league roster. I remember him dominating st Kansas and thought he'd be a solid NBA player. Man he's really fallen off.
jteagle
AG
West Texan said:

Former 5th overall pick Thomas Robinson is on our summer league roster. I remember him dominating st Kansas and thought he'd be a solid NBA player. Man he's really fallen off.
My question is, how long is Ledbetter going to play for the Spurs G-League and summer league teams?
BBQ4Me
AG
s13fenton said:

Trading your 3 best role players for a B list star that can't shoot 3s, I think at this point Morey is just addicted to making offseason moves. With the west being as wide open as it is I have no idea why they wouldn't just try to run it back.

I think it's a worthwhile high risk - high reward move. They likely will be worse next season as constructed. Remember how bad Paul was, now think of him a year older.
Enzo The Baker
AG
This would be Butler's 4th NBA team. There's a reason he can't stay in one place. I think he's one of the most overrated players in the league. Rockets are dumb not to stand pat. I'm rooting for that guy to go to Houston.
s13fenton
Who would they be able to sign to replace the production of Capela, EG, and Tucker? Those are the 3rd, 4th, 5th best players on the team. I think they would be immensely worse unless Harden and Butler play 48 min a game at full speed. They would be one of the only teams in the league with three max contracts with one of those being old, fragile Chris Paul
Ag Natural
AG
I'm sure Butler would love to stand around and watch Harden dribble.
West Texan
AG
I don't get Houston's infatuation with jimmy Butler and I don't think it makes them any better. Too much depth would have to be sacrificed and a trio of Harden, CP3, and Butler doesn't seem like the kind of core that ring chasing vets would be willing to sacrifice money to play for.
Ag Natural
AG
Butler is a very good player. In fact he was Phillys best in the playoff games I saw. He also plays defense. However, with his history of bristling with teammates having him and CP3 together would be hilarious.

Guitarsoup
AG
Samanic's euro team announced they reached a buyout with the Spurs for Luka to come play for us.
Ag Natural
AG
Guitarsoup said:

Samanic's euro team announced they reached a buyout with the Spurs for Luka to come play for us.

That's good news. I'd like to see what he can do. I had heard on a Spurs insider podcast that he was a draft and stash. Glad they were misinformed.
West Texan
AG
Ag Natural said:

Butler is a very good player. In fact he was Phillys best in the playoff games I saw. He also plays defense. However, with his history of bristling with teammates having him and CP3 together would be hilarious.

Butler is a very good player, but the fit next to Harden and CP3 is weird. They all need the ball to be effective and he's not a particularly good catch and shoot 3 point shooter. Plus, can his defense cover for Harden and an aging Paul? Imo keeping the guys like Capela and Gordon who are both very good and fit very nicely on that team make more sense than trying to add a max contract guy like Butler.

With all that said, Danuel House is a restricted free agent for Houston and maybe with them trying to clear cap space, an offer could be made they wouldn't match. He'd be an interesting 3 and D back up SF. Played really well last year for Houston.
Guitarsoup
AG
West Texan said:

Ag Natural said:

Butler is a very good player, but the fit next to Harden and CP3 is weird. They all need the ball to be effective and he's not a particularly good catch and shoot 3 point shooter. Plus, can his defense cover for Harden and an aging Paul? Imo keeping the guys like Capela and Gordon who are both very good and fit very nicely on that team make more sense than trying to add a max contract guy like Butler.

With all that said, Danuel House is a restricted free agent for Houston and maybe with them trying to clear cap space, an offer could be made they wouldn't match. He'd be an interesting 3 and D back up SF. Played really well last year for Houston.

Plus the Woj story was they had to move PJ Tucker, Air Gordon, and Capela.

Terrible move of they lose all three
Ulrich
The rockets already have a definite offensive top dog and a pure pg to be second scorer/ballhandler. They need solid shooters and defenders to fill in the gaps... Guys like, say, Gordon, Capella, and Tucker.

I have a hard time understanding how there is space on that offense for any third person to contribute more than Gordon already does. They don't pass the ball enough to utilize multiple offensive threats like Golden State does. So why pay max money to bring in a strong personality who will spend the whole season being p****d off at Harden for daydreaming on defense and not passing on offense?
Guitarsoup
AG
Ulrich said:

The rockets already have a definite offensive top dog and a pure pg to be second scorer/ballhandler. They need solid shooters and defenders to fill in the gaps... Guys like, say, Gordon, Capella, and Tucker.

I have a hard time understanding how there is space on that offense for any third person to contribute more than Gordon already does. They don't pass the ball enough to utilize multiple offensive threats like Golden State does. So why pay max money to bring in a strong personality who will spend the whole season being p****d off at Harden for daydreaming on defense and not passing on offense?
Because numbers in an excel sheet said so
s13fenton
It makes zero sense. Glue guys like Tucker and Gordon are necessary to win championships, but I am all for it.
s13fenton
It's also why the Lakers should spend their $30M+ on several high level role players instead of a Deangelo Russel or Kemba Walker, but I'm sure Pelinka will side with the star power.
West Texan
AG

Coaches get one challenge per game, must have a timeout, and can challenge called fouls, basket interference, goal tending, and plays where the ball goes out of bounds.
FTAG 2000
AG
PLUM LOCO said:

It is time for DeRozan to move on...He said the following,

"DeRozan said if he was still a Raptor, he wouldn't visit White House."

Hey Demar, if you were still with the Raptors they still would not have a championship.

Mouthing Off!

This tells me that the Spurs aren't going to extend DeRozan.

Him saying this is him and his camp sucking up to Pop trying to get an extension out of him.
aggie_fan13
AG
i was bored the other day and saw an old video of us playing maccabi tel aviv and noticed our jerseys had a red and blue stripe on them , anybody know why ?
Enzo The Baker
AG
azulAg said:

i was bored the other day and saw an old video of us playing maccabi tel aviv and noticed are jerseys had a red and blue stripe on them , anybody know why ?

Probably a one time thing for something related to the French Flag for Tony.
aggie_fan13
AG
gotcha
Enzo The Baker
AG
azulAg said:

gotcha

Looks like the game you were watching was in '06 in Paris. That would explain it.
Enzo The Baker
AG

West Texan
AG
While I love the talent that Boogie has, why would we add another center when we have just acquired Poeltl last year and still have LA (who plays quite a bit at the 5). That's not even to mention that because of his injury he may not be nearly as good as he once was, plus I have a hard time seeing him and Pop getting along.

I also don't see the need to add a 3rd true center with a significant portion of the MLE. I know Golden State won't be the same juggernaut next year that they have been, but the other top teams all play perimeter oriented guys at the 4, not two true posts. I think we'd be just fine with a low level guy just to eat some minutes. Eubanks was fine as a two way player last year playing garbage time minutes. If we're going to spend part of the MLE on a third center, I'd look at a guy like Luke Kornet. 7'1", shoots 36% from 3 on 4 attempts per game, and get just under 2 blocks a game per 36. He wouldn't require huge minutes, he spaces the floor, and protects the rim. He's slow footed, but brings some nice things for the 3rd big off the bench.
Guitarsoup
AG
Pop probably likes the matchup problems we can create for other teams by playing two slow centers with three mediocre 6'4 shooting guards.
West Texan
AG

This is the kind of addition that I want to see us make. Multi positional defender, rebounds well, shoots the 3 well enough to be a threat, and can play next to any of our guards. Imagine a lineup of Murray, White, Derozan, Aminu, and Aldridge. That's 4 really good defenders where you can hide Derozan and provides enough spacing to allow Demar and LA to work the pick and roll.
Enzo The Baker
AG
West Texan said:

This is the kind of addition that I want to see us make. Multi positional defender, rebounds well, shoots the 3 well enough to be a threat, and can play next to any of our guards. Imagine a lineup of Murray, White, Derozan, Aminu, and Aldridge. That's 4 really good defenders where you can hide Derozan and provides enough spacing to allow Demar and LA to work the pick and roll.
I would like this as well. Makes sense for the MLE or part of it anyways. If we were able to get Aminu and keep Gay, I think we'd really have to look hard at moving Bertans and/or Marco. Just not a lot of minutes to go around especially if we are looking to integrate Lonnie this year. We would be sacrificing some 3 point shooting, but it's not like we took a lot of 3 pointers to begin with last year.
Olsen
AG
Enzo The Baker
AG
At least it's only two years. And it's not like we would have a lot of room to do much else. I'm fine with this contract.
West Texan
AG
Enzo The Baker said:

At least it's only two years. And it's not like we would have a lot of room to do much else. I'm fine with this contract.

It's a good contract and it matches up with when LA and Demar would come off the books if we needed to completely blow it up. I imagine we'll swait our this first round of the big stars signing and see who's left standing with cap room and move on someone, hopefully a a stretch 4 that can defend (Morris, Aminu, Young, etc.).
Enzo The Baker
AG
West Texan said:

Enzo The Baker said:

It's a good contract and it matches up with when LA and Demar would come off the books if we needed to completely blow it up. I imagine we'll swait our this first round of the big stars signing and see who's left standing with cap room and move on someone, hopefully a a stretch 4 that can defend (Morris, Aminu, Young, etc.).

Also a tradable contract as well. Good move by the spurs.
Ag Natural
AG
Love Rudy. That's still a good deal for both sides.
West Texan
AG
Thad Young off the board to Chicago. Got more than we could have given him. Some of the contracts these guys are getting are ridiculous. Hopefully we don't get prices out of a solid player for the MLE.
Enzo The Baker
AG
West Texan said:

Thad Young off the board to Chicago. Got more than we could have given him. Some of the contracts these guys are getting are ridiculous. Hopefully we don't get prices out of a solid player for the MLE.

Terry Rozier set to make almost $20MM a year from Charlotte for the next three years. That's hilarious.
Guitarsoup
AG
Enzo The Baker said:

West Texan said:

Terry Rozier set to make almost $20MM a year from Charlotte for the next three years. That's hilarious.
Meanwhile Derrick Rose (18/4 last year) went for 2y/15mm

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.