********* 2018 Rockets Offseason **********

76,030 Views | 762 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by rvk246
Aggie1391
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Wonder what this means

canadiaggie
AG
Aggie1391 said:

Wonder what this means

Insert praying_dog.jpeg here
WES2006AG
canadiaggie
AG
that cyberx guy saying our FO had bypassed Thibs and gone straight to Taylor
Aggie1391
Little more smoke

Texaggie7nine
Would suck to give up EG and PJ only to be left with all 3 gone next season
7nine
rvk246
AG
canadiaggie said:

that cyberx guy saying our FO had bypassed Thibs and gone straight to Taylor

Thibs is a moron. He asked for Ben Simmons when the Sixers inquired about butler lmfao
CFTXAG10
AG
3rdGen2015
AG
So it kinda sounds like this is actually happening. I've seen a bunch of smoke saying that Sacremento is also involved. Here's what I'm thinking:

Rockets get:
Jimmy Butler
SAC filler

TWolves get:
Eric Gordon
Nene
SAC filler
HOU 2019 1st

Kings get:
Gorgui Deng
HOU 2021 1st
MIN 2020 2nd

If Morey gets this done without giving up PJ, is he the GOAT GM?
canadiaggie
AG
3rdGen2015 said:

So it kinda sounds like this is actually happening. I've seen a bunch of smoke saying that Sacremento is also involved. Here's what I'm thinking:

Rockets get:
Jimmy Butler
SAC filler

TWolves get:
Eric Gordon
Nene
SAC filler
HOU 2019 1st

Kings get:
Gorgui Deng
HOU 2021 1st
MIN 2020 2nd

If Morey gets this done without giving up PJ, is he the GOAT GM?

If Morey pulls this off and keeps PJ, he should actually be given the entire city of Houston as a fief and the serfdom of everyone in the city limits
maca1028
If only the Texans could operate half as well as the Rockets and Astros.
Mr.Bond
AG
since we had a 1st round pick
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

Iowaggie
AG
This first preseason game is apparently a pretty big deal in Birmingham as there are hardly any tickets remaining.

(Game happening in BIrmingham as part of BBVA's sponsorship agreement with the Rockets)

CFTXAG10
AG
Cmon T-Wolves....

Hickory High
AG
That's actually not a bad swap considering the context of the situation.
WES2006AG
AG
I've read that the reason the Twolves are looking for so much in return is they don't really want to trade Butler. Not sure if that is true, or even a good idea, but something to consider.

Hickory High
AG
WES2006AG said:

I've read that the reason the Twolves are looking for so much in return is they don't really want to trade Butler. Not sure if that is true, or even a good idea, but something to consider.

If they can't get this done before the first game of the season, they're just asking for a locker room nightmare.
CFTXAG10
AG
Thibs is just an odd cat. I can understand wanting to get a decent return for a top 25 player, but with his player option next year this is essentially a one year rental. I can buy the idea that they are just setting the bar really high so they can go back to Jimmy and say they tried.
WES2006AG
AG
Hickory High said:

WES2006AG said:

If they can't get this done before the first game of the season, they're just asking for a locker room nightmare.
Agreed. This seems like the Kyrie situation to me. There is no way you get back equal value but you have to trade the guy because he just won't play there for you.
Aggie09Derek
AG
Butler is a top 10-15 player
rvk246
AG
WES2006AG said:

Thibs doesn't want to trade him which is why their asking price was way too high (they asked for Ben Simmons last week). Ownership is more understanding and they're fine with trading him.
CFTXAG10
AG
I was casting with a bit of a wide net.

Wonder how long this "situation" drags out....
Diggity
AG
Quote:

CHRIS PAUL'S HOOP HISTORY

• Coach Mom: 'In eighth grade, my dad stopped coaching us at the local YMCA, so my mom took over. During our first game, she drew a technical foul for yelling at the ref. She still yells todayfrom the stands.'
  • Dad's gift: 'My dad spent his entire 401(k) to pay the fees so my brother and I could play AAU basketball.'
  • Tribute ball: 'I still have the basketball I used to score a record 61 points in high school two days after my grandfather was killed at his Chevron gas station. The 61 was for his age when he died.'
  • Footprint: 'Every one of my signature sneakers over the past 12 seasons has a Chevron logo hidden on there in honor of my grandfather.'

NBA Star Chris Paul Learned Early to Think Like a Boss
WES2006AG
AG
Preseason game 1 tonight in Birmingham against the Grizz
canadiaggie
AG
I'm really excited (and optimistically hopeful) to see Melo mesh with this team
rvk246
AG
Is someone gonna start the season thread?
CFTXAG10
AG
Since this years theme is "run it back" maybe you should do it
WES2006AG
AG
rvk246 said:

Is someone gonna start the season thread?

You started the thread last year and we set a franchise record for wins, had an MVP, and came within a game of beating one of the best basketball teams in the history of basketball.

Logic would dictate that if you start the thread this year we will go ahead and take that next step.
rvk246
AG
https://texags.com/forums/52/topics/2985371/replies/52757649#52757649

See you guys in the season thread

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.